Identified! TX - Williamson Co., 'Orange Socks' WhtFem 33UFTX, 15-30, off I-35, Oct'79 - Debra Jackson

I will edit this post as the press conference proceeds.

The Jane Doe formerly known as Orange Socks has been identified as Debra Jackson from Abilene, TX. She left home in 1977 and was not reported missing.

She was known to leave her home from time to time, so the family didn't think much of it, and thought she lived her life elsewhere and was ok.

Debra was 23 y/o.
One sister, whose DNA comparison confirmed the identification.
The "insect bites" found on the lower legs of the body are consistent with scars family described from her childhood.
It is currently unknown who killed Debra, so the murder itself remains unsolved.

Last edited:
Her DOB was September 28th, 1956. She left her family home in 1977 and didn’t contact her family ever again.

Her sister saw the reconstruction from June of 2019 and went to the police on her own.

No new information on suspects.

We will get justice for Debra!

I have to say I'm shocked she lived just a few hours away from where she was found. I always though she was a drifter from another state.

They mentioned she held several jobs prior to her family losing touch with her around 1977, One was at a hotel if I recall it correctly. Her family thought she run away and never reported her missing. Her sister is still alive, not sure about the rest of her family.

I also think she look quite nice of these photos, the PM and the initial drawings didn't make her justice. Feels odd to see her as a living person actually.

Thrilled she got her name back, after 40 years.

So so glad she has her name back. Rest in peace, Debra.

I listened to the conference but missed a big part of it. I believe they said they uploaded her sister’s DNA to CODIS (after the sister recognised the new recon) but she wasn’t close enough a match to Debra. So the DNA Doe project uploaded the sister’s DNA to GEDmatch and that’s how they identified her. Can anyone confirm or correct?

So so glad she has her name back. Rest in peace, Debra.

I listened to the conference but missed a big part of it. I believe they said they uploaded her sister’s DNA to CODIS (after the sister recognised the new recon) but she wasn’t close enough a match to Debra. So the DNA Doe project uploaded the sister’s DNA to GEDmatch and that’s how they identified her. Can anyone confirm or correct?
Yes, that’s what they said at the end.

I will edit this post as the press conference proceeds.

The Jane Doe formerly known as Orange Socks has been identified as Debra Jackson from Abilene, TX. She left home in 1977 and was not reported missing.

She was known to leave her home from time to time, so the family didn't think much of it, and thought she lived her life elsewhere and was ok.

Debra was 23 y/o.
One sister, whose DNA comparison confirmed the identification.
The "insect bites" found on the lower legs of the body are consistent with scars family described from her childhood.
It is currently unknown who killed Debra, so the murder itself remains unsolved.

It's good to finally know who she was. I was worried we'd never find out who she was. Still so many questions left unanswered.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Curious.tea
Back