Found Deceased Malaysia - Nora Quoirin, 15, from UK, special needs, missing on vacation, Seremban, 4 Aug 2019 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
All these “police insist that she was not abducted” statements in the press are just the press dramatising things, I feel. It’s more a case of “there is no evidence...”. That’s fair enough, isn’t it? I’m sure they have been investigating all avenues, but are commenting on a dynamic situation. So, until there is evidence, there isn’t evidence.

Personally, I feel that most probable is wandered off and least probable is abducted from bedroom.
i thought the police played down the possibility of abduction due to tourism. this kind of incident has the potential to damage their economy big-time. MOO

After the first questioning of my kids and the way LE handled them, with their handicap sister missing I might very well put an end it it. They were asleep after an 18 hr flight, driving to the compound and bet they could have slept all day if dad hadn’t checked on them.

Not everyone reacts the same way after a long haul flight. I’ve done too many 8,000-mile journeys to count. Back to Europe, I’ll be in a sleeping-like-a-baby mode. Out to Asia, I’ll be creeping around in the middle of the nite, all wide-eyed and bushy tail. It all depends.

Last edited:
Unless she’s in water? Frequently in these cases we wonder why no trace is found for ages, only for the body to turn up weeks later. (I hope she’s alive, obviously.)

Yes, as I said a few pages back, when someone goes missing near a body of water, they're often in the water. Glad divers have got involved but hope they search all areas thoroughly. I hope she is not there!

i thought the police played down the possibility of abduction due to tourism. this kind of incident has the potential to damage their economy big-time. MOO

I agree, from my friend Google....I discovered there are many of these type compounds in surrounding areas and most stay booked up.

I'm interested in how the locals feel about these compounds moving into their homeland. JMOO

Last edited:
Not everyone reacts the same way after a long haul flight. I’ve done too many 8,000 journeys to count. Back to Europe, I’ll be in a sleeping-like-a-baby mode. Out to Asia, I’ll be creeping around in the middle of the nite, all wide-eyes and bushy tail. It all depends.

most definitely. flying east for more than 5-6 hours = severe jet lag. flying west, no problem. i've done it 100s of times. always the same. and jet lag can get you really down and/or loopy for days and days.

they are a well travelled family visiting numerous destinations in a year so I think Nora would be quite used to travel and spending time away. Previous holidays have been in similar environments.

The photograph with mum is not recent. She is quite tall in more recent photos. In my opinion i find the abduction out of a window unlikey. Also why would she climb out the window? She doesn't appear to have significant special needs in the photographs but again just my observations.

There are three possibilities to these sort of cases. Based on timelines and situation, two of these are now bad news...

The stuff I have seen implied in reviews gives me some hope for the third possibility. That resort is pretty much toxic now and no one would stay there. I know we can’t use tripadvisor as fact but if there are some local resentments and threats, well this pretty much kills off these resorts. It also gives hope of her being ok and hidden

I have seen several pictures where someone (searcher? LE? Army?) Is carrying a weapon. Why is this deemed necessary when searching for a missing child?
They carry weapons because that's their thing there. I know my parents live in a gated community, in a third world country and security guards walk around with shotguns. I guess it's essential.
or maybe in case of animals?

Jim Gamble "And number three, an opportunistic predatory engagement where she is a abducted by a third party, and that would need to be very opportunistic."
That is supported by the timeframe on this one which is incredibly tight. What we know so far:
  • Saturday day: NQ & family arrive at resort
  • Saturday night: Last known sighting of NQ in her bedroom at resort
  • Sunday morning: NQ’s family enters her bedroom and sees window open and her gone
Depending on when specifically they arrived on Saturday and when they entered her bedroom on Sunday, if this was a random abduction it would’ve given the abductor(s) a window of less than 20 hours to notice NQ even there, plan the logistics of taking her and act.

If this is a random abduction, the perp is either someone who works at or affiliated with the resort or a random person. Given how remote this place is, a random person isn’t likely.

Nothing adds up here. The window just seems way too tight.

Some weird points on this case...

Sleeping arrangements and where the idea of window escape came from.
Why would it be an abduction if she was seen going.
Level of ability so we can judge her survival instinct and capabilities.
The refusal to let the children speak to local authorities.
Also the continued portrayal of Malay police. This idea that sending a few white officers from uk will solve it. We need to stop assuming they are all corrupt morons looking for bribes. They know the terrain and the area
As to the question of bringing in some UK detectives---I don't think it is a question of corruption.

I think it is a matter of the family needing a liaison, as to the language barriers and the cultural differences, perhaps.
Also, Malaysia relies heavily upon tourism, financially. Maybe they are reticent about focusing on kidnapping/abduction?

Not everyone reacts the same way after a long haul flight. I’ve done too many 8,000-mile journeys to count. Back to Europe, I’ll be in a sleeping-like-a-baby mode. Out to Asia, I’ll be creeping around in the middle of the nite, all wide-eyed and bushy tail. It all depends.

Absolutely. Everyone is different - very possible to be up and about in the early hours even after a long flight.

they are a well travelled family visiting numerous destinations in a year so I think Nora would be quite used to travel and spending time away. Previous holidays have been in similar environments.

The photograph with mum is not recent. She is quite tall in more recent photos. In my opinion i find the abduction out of a window unlikey. Also why would she climb out the window? She doesn't appear to have significant special needs in the photographs but again just my observations.

You do not have to look different to have special needs. I led an advocacy course for the learning disabled where several we're vulnerable as they looked like any other teen

'He also told a news conference that it was the window in the living room downstairs that was left open, and not the one in the bedroom upstairs where the girl was sleeping.

Her siblings were sleeping in another room upstairs.'

Nora Quoirin: Malaysia investigates fingerprints in missing London teen's holiday cottage

Ah, the reporting on this case is confusing.

According to the Dusun website, Sora and Emas houses are the only ones that seem to be capable of accommodating a family with 3 children.
Even so, these houses only have two bedrooms.
One double bedroom downstairs - double bed
One bedroom upstairs - with one double and one single bed

so how can this statement be accurate ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads