Canada - Lucas Fowler, Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
I swore I heard an expert say the elements would not kill them up there. Winter for sure but not summer time. So many here are saying possibly the elements. Wish I could hear another "expert" I do believe water/food could have been a part of their demise .. I think strongly at the end of the day it was suicide.

Heck, they may have even even gotten really sick from drinking the water and gotten giardia?

I wonder if an autopsy actually looks for that? Doubtful, but I would be interested in having them look for it.( it's a protozoan thingy that makes you really sick and get diarrhea and vomiting which is contamination of the water from streams. Not sure how common it is up there)

That boat, that mysterious boat, if the boat had not been spotted they likely never would have been found.

That’s true. Which is why I think the RCMP received information leading them to believe the pair went through the rapids and the items found were washed ashore. I don’t think the two died by suicide, instead they managed to crawl ashore but succumbed to the elements, perhaps injured and due to hypothermia. JMO

sigh CBC link not working in my browser
very strange
updates would be appreciated

If there are bullet holes, the autopsy should be pretty straightforward. If not, no doubt more complicated, but I imagine that there are pathologists in Manitoba who know what exposure/hypothermia looks like.

Update on homicide investigations

Rav4 belonged to Dr Leonard Dyck
Investigation is not concluded, will continue until all other suspects are eliminated.
Investigation has been dynamic and unpredictable

Presser: Nothing that we didn't already know. Autopsies have been scheduled, support being offered to both the families of the 3 victims as well as the families of the suspects, thanks to media and law enforcement and the communities involved yada yada yada.

Heck, they may have even even gotten really sick from drinking the water and gotten giardia?

I wonder if an autopsy actually looks for that? Doubtful, but I would be interested in having them look for it.( it's a protozoan thingy that makes you really sick and get diarrhea and vomiting which is contamination of the water from streams. Not sure how common it is up there)

If that's the case they definitely got their punishment.

I've also wondered about that. What kind of conversations did they have during all those hours of their very long drive across the continent, for that matter? What could you talk about on a road trip after killing three people? Did they not realize just how huge the search effort would be and decided to end it when they realized just how f-ed they were?

Agreed. I think they got their punishment. They most likely died a terrifying, lonely, unpleasant death, completely alone in the world. They missed out on so much of life. I doubt, being out there, that they felt their decisions were worth it in the end.

And also now the families of the victims won't have to deal with years of them going through a trial, which would have happened if they were found alive. And while it must be really hard for their families, at least they don't have to experience a lifetime of worrying about them in prison (because I doubt they would fare well in prison) and having a spotlight shone on their families forever through the trial and any developments in their incarceration.

Well said. It's inspired me to try to be a better person. This week I started volunteering at a food pantry and needle exchange. It's not much but I feel like this whole case has reminded me of the bigger questions in life, and what it means to have a meaningful life. Even if you're not the most successful, wealthy, confident, popular, etc. person, or any of those other societal markers of a "good life," I think we all have to do what we can to fight against all the dark s*** in the world.
I have thought over and over what their conversations would have been like. From before the killings, to immediately after, to days later, and then when they were on the run in the bush.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member