Found Deceased MO - Nicholas Diemel, 35, & Justin, 24, brothers missing, Clinton County, 21 July 2019 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't get the play button to work. Can someone give me an update?
If you don't click on the link, but go to their we
I can't get the play button to work. Can someone give me an update?
The link didn't work for me either but if you just go to KCTV5's website you can view the video. Forewarned, it is not easy to watch. This is all so sad and was so preventable.

This article is so, so disturbing.

He went right back to his old ways as soon as he was released from prison, IMO.

“[SBM]

Nelson had also been doing business with several other farmers [in addition to the Diemels] including David Foster.

[SBM]

The two cattlemen first met in 2018, when Nelson contacted Foster about a metal shed he had for sale through one of his companies, Cash Cow Enterprises.

[SBM]

The two men soon began talking on the phone on a regular basis. They entered another agreement with a pair of refrigerated trailers, then partnered on a cattle venture.

‘Our arrangement was that I was going to purchase the calves,’ Foster said. ‘He was going to feed and raise them and when they got to weaning weight we were going to sell them and split the profit.’

Over the winter things started to go sour between the two partners. Foster told KCTV5 that Nelson had stopped making payments on the building he had bought and the trailers he’d leased. The cattle deal had also been going poorly.

‘It came time to be due for them to be weaned and sold and he was coming up with all these excuses and stories as to why he hadn't sold them,’ Foster said.

Eventually Foster began recording his phone conversations with Nelson. In one recording, Nelson says that he doesn’t have the money to pay Foster.

He also mentions, ‘the guys from Wisconsin,’ and tells Foster he is on the verge of harming himself or someone else.

‘I was ready to visit [Nelson] face to face,’ Foster told KCTV5, ‘and tell him we needed to count cattle.’

Instead, Nelson showed up at Foster’s dairy with roughly 35 of the cattle 131 cattle and dropped them off in one of his pastures.

Foster took pictures of the cattle, which appeared malnourished and diseased.

A USDA inspector noted in a report:

‘Calves appear to be under weight and size for 5-6 month old calves Multiple emaciated and thin calves were noted as well. Most calves had ringworm.’

Foster told KCTV5 that he does not know what happened to the remaining cattle he purchased, but that he suspects they died in Nelson’s care.

[SBM]

Foster began reaching out to Nelson’s other business contacts, including the Diemels. He found out that Wisconsin brothers had a separate partnership with Nelson, and that the livestock company was also frustrated.

[SBM]

He said he felt duped and cheated by Nelson, who he once thought of as a friend.

He also wondered what might have happened if he had made the trip to Nelson’s operation.

‘It’s pretty simple,’ Nelson said. ‘It could have been me. Because I could have been in that position.’” (BBM)

“[SBM]

Nelson had also been doing business with several other farmers [in addition to the Diemels] including David Foster.

[SBM]

The two cattlemen first met in 2018, when Nelson contacted Foster about a metal shed he had for sale through one of his companies, Cash Cow Enterprises.

[SBM]

The two men soon began talking on the phone on a regular basis. They entered another agreement with a pair of refrigerated trailers, then partnered on a cattle venture.

‘Our arrangement was that I was going to purchase the calves,’ Foster said. ‘He was going to feed and raise them and when they got to weaning weight we were going to sell them and split the profit.’

Over the winter things started to go sour between the two partners. Foster told KCTV5 that Nelson had stopped making payments on the building he had bought and the trailers he’d leased. The cattle deal had also been going poorly.

‘It came time to be due for them to be weaned and sold and he was coming up with all these excuses and stories as to why he hadn't sold them,’ Foster said.

Eventually Foster began recording his phone conversations with Nelson. In one recording, Nelson says that he doesn’t have the money to pay Foster.

He also mentions, ‘the guys from Wisconsin,’ and tells Foster he is on the verge of harming himself or someone else.

‘I was ready to visit [Nelson] face to face,’ Foster told KCTV5, ‘and tell him we needed to count cattle.’

Instead, Nelson showed up at Foster’s dairy with roughly 35 of the cattle 131 cattle and dropped them off in one of his pastures.

‘Calves appear to be under weight and size for 5-6 month old calves Multiple emaciated and thin calves were noted as well. Most calves had ringworm.’

Foster told KCTV5 that he does not know what happened to the remaining cattle he purchased, but that he suspects they died in Nelson’s care.

[SBM]

Foster began reaching out to Nelson’s other business contacts, including the Diemels. He found out that Wisconsin brothers had a separate partnership with Nelson, and that the livestock company was also frustrated.

[SBM]

He said he felt duped and cheated by Nelson, who he once thought of as a friend.

He also wondered what might have happened if he had made the trip to Nelson’s operation.

‘It’s pretty simple,’ Nelson said. ‘It could have been me. Because I could have been in that position.’” (BBM)
After reading that I suspect that the Diemels didn't report to their employee at 11am on Sunday that everything was fine. The way this guy JN treated animals... How come that his mother knew nothing about it?

After reading that I suspect that the Diemels didn't report to their employee at 11am on Sunday that everything was fine. The way this guy JN treated animals... How come that his mother knew nothing about it?

If she owned the land and even looked at the cattle, she would have known. I find it hard to believe she is surprised.

https://www.kansascity.com/news/local/crime/article233616757.html

In this article, JN’s mother is now saying she was aware of the cattle deal with Foster that involved the Diemel brothers. So if she was aware, and they had so many issues with the calves over the winter, why wasn’t she aware of the money problems? I mean it seems like common sense. IMO

https://www.kansascity.com/news/local/crime/article233616757.html

In this article, JN’s mother is now saying she was aware of the cattle deal with Foster that involved the Diemel brothers. So if she was aware, and they had so many issues with the calves over the winter, why wasn’t she aware of the money problems? I mean it seems like common sense. IMO

It is common sense. She knew the calves were dying. Why did they not contact the partners, Foster and ND to let them know they were dying. Strange he only spoke up when cornered, no calves and no money. jmho

It's unbelievable to me that he was allowed to re-start his evil ways once he was released from prison and no one seems to have done anything about it. IMO.

WBAY TV-2
Farmer's chilling story sheds light on man arrested in Diemel case
Foster says his frustrations grew when Nelson failed to pay up.

"I was getting a little bit more aggravated and he was coming up with more elaborate excuses, and one time he was basically threatening to commit suicide and all this, and it’s like the last thing I want to do is be the reason why somebody offs themselves," says Foster.

Foster said Nelson raised cattle for him. As the business deal soured, the cattle were returned to Foster in poor condition.

"Mine were returned, they were malnourished, starved, I mean skin and bone," says Foster. "I had to help pick the calves up off the ground, onto the trailer, just so I could move them off my property."

Foster started talking with other farmers who had similar stories about Joey Nelson.

"I called them up, and I started asking them about their relationship to Joey, and what I found was that they did not have a partnership with Joey, they might have done business with him once, but they said 'He’s a liar, he’s a thief, he’s a crook' and all this stuff. And I’m like, 'Yeah I’m starting to get that,'" Foster says.

Foster says he spoke with Nick Diemel several times and shared frustrations about business dealings with Nelson.

"I had talked to Nick multiple times prior to him going missing," says Foster. "The last time I talked to Nick was July 5th, and then the previous time I had talked to him before that, I remember him saying that he had told Joey to sell the cattle to send him a check."

Foster continues, "Then this last time I said, 'Well did you ever get a check or did you get paid?' And he said, 'Oh, they sent me a check but it wasn’t any good.' Something like that. And he was going to go down and basically beat his *advertiser censored* or whatever, but still, a normal response to somebody who owes him over a quarter million dollars."

Foster tells us the disappearance of the Diemel brothers hits close to home.

"My banker threatened that we were going to go up there and start counting cattle, find out what had happened and why haven’t they been sold, and all this, which I envision is eerily similar to what the Diemels were going through," says Foster.

Eventually, Foster cut ties with Joey Nelson.

"Basically, I cut off all ties with Joey, I think it was May 16th, is the last text that I sent him, of this year, we had done business since May 11th, of 2018," says Foster. "That was the first contract that he signed here at my farm, in Kansas, to do some business together."

More at link
Bbm

“[SBM]

[SBM]

[SBM]

[SBM]

[SBM]

Outstanding post!!!

I remember someone posted on here that maybe the employee said all was ok to keep the killer unsuspecting.
So, I think you are right.

H

He could have hid the bodies in the pole barn or any other building where they wouldn’t have been seen and come back And dealt with it later- I wonder how he got back there after he dropped the truck off? When that question is answered he details of what happened at the farm and when May become more evident

I thought of that also. Just seems risky to leave 2 bodies anywhere while he dumped the truck.

I heard that it was a farmhand that picked him up. He was told JN broke down. Not sure why he wouldn’t question the vehicle since it didn’t belong to JN or the fact that it was running, maybe JN walked a bit before getting picked up? That is all options, not solid proof of that yet. But I saw somewhere, in an actual article but can’t remember where, that as soon as the kid heard on the news what was going on, him and his mother went straight to police.

Foster continues, "Then this last time I said, 'Well did you ever get a check or did you get paid?' And [Nick] said, 'Oh, they sent me a check but it wasn’t any good.' Something like that. And [Nick] was going to go down and basically beat his *advertiser censored* or whatever, but still, a normal response to somebody who owes him over a quarter million dollars."

****Also WHO is "they sent me a check".... Did JN's mother write out a check?

Foster continues, "Then this last time I said, 'Well did you ever get a check or did you get paid?' And [Nick] said, 'Oh, they sent me a check but it wasn’t any good.' Something like that. And [Nick] was going to go down and basically beat his *advertiser censored* or whatever, but still, a normal response to somebody who owes him over a quarter million dollars."

****Also WHO is "they sent me a check".... Did JN's mother write out a check?

I was wondering who “they” is too. Most likely mom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member