Canada - Lucas Fowler, Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
The bodies found today near Gillam we’re in such a difficult spot along the Nelson River they had to be brought by boat to a loading dock. Here are the bodies being brought to the airport. #canadamanhunt

Joe Scarpelli on Twitter

I am totally confused by this statement, from the maps I have seen based on what we were previously told by RCMP.

No, I don’t think the autopsy report will be made available unless the families decide to release it, which I doubt would happen. Although autopsy reports are a public record, there’s restrictions on who is able to obtain a copy. This is the same throughout Canada. Privacy and confidentially protected through stringent legislation supersede the public’s right to know.

Justice | Province of Manitoba
Are Reports from the Investigation Available to the Next of Kin?
Upon completion of the investigation the medical examiner submits a report to the Chief Medical Examiner. This report will normally answer questions about the cause and manner of death, the date, time and place of death and summarize the circumstances surrounding the death. If an autopsy is performed as part of the investigation, the doctor performing the autopsy also submits a report. Both the medical examiner's report and the autopsy report are available to the adult next of kin upon written request to the Chief Medical Examiner's office. (An autopsy is an intricate medical procedure, often requiring complex laboratory tests, and for this reason autopsy results may not be available for several weeks after the death. This means the medical examiner's report may not be immediately available to the family.)

The medical examiner's report and the autopsy report may also be requested by attending physicians and medical reports departments of hospitals. Other interested parties, such as an insurer of the life of the deceased or a legal representative of the deceased, may receive the report upon written request and payment of the prescribed fee under The Fatality Inquiries Act.

I think that the RCMP will make the cause of death public, which of course is not the same thing as releasing the autopsy report.

Renata D'Aliesio‏ @RenataDAliesio
One resident said she was relieved the manhunt was over but also saddened that another two lives have been lost #canadamanhunt #canadianmanhunt

8:02 PM - 7 Aug 2019*

At the end of the meeting tonight, a moment of silence was held for the three homicide victims, Chynna Deese, Lucas Fowler and Leonard Dyck. The two suspects were also acknowledged #canadamanhunt #canadianmanhunt

7:59 PM - 7 Aug 2019 *PT

How a river guide’s sharp eye, and a sleeping bag, triggered a search that ended the RCMP manhunt #canadamanhunt #canadianmanhunt

eok3CC5-

How a river guide’s sharp eye, and a sleeping bag, triggered a search that ended the RCMP manhunt

7:53 PM - 7 Aug 2019 pt

The screenshots of the video from the Co-op store in meadow lake were shared on July 23rd with the public, 2 days after they were recorded walking out of the store. There isn't a surveillance camera in front of the store at waist level. So who video recorded them (when they weren't listed as suspects at the time), and then shared it with the police?
Two teens thought to be missing now suspects in three northern B.C. deaths

It says right in the article they are security camera images.

The bodies found today near Gillam we’re in such a difficult spot along the Nelson River they had to be brought by boat to a loading dock. Here are the bodies being brought to the airport. #canadamanhunt

Joe Scarpelli on Twitter

Wow. I just now got this news. So they tried to flee in a boat and drowned probably?

Tour guide Clint Sawchuk was cruising on the Nelson River, taking a group of tourists to the national historic site of York Factory on Friday, when he spotted a blue sleeping bag in the water, tangled up in some willows.

He knew the sleeping bag could be significant because he was one of handful of local residents who had been helping the RCMP scour the river and shoreline for any sign of fugitives Bryer Schmegelsky and Kam McLeod.

Mr. Sawchuk’s find, it turned out, led police to spot a wrecked rowboat later that day, which then triggered a concentrated police search on an area where two bodies were found Wednesday. The RCMP said they believe the bodies are of the two wanted men.

[...]

The sleeping bag was spotted around 11 a.m. floating near Port Nelson, where the Nelson River spills into Hudson Bay.

“They were on their way to Port Nelson to find the sleeping bag and that’s when they [spotted] the boat,” Mr. Sawchuk recounted.

The aluminum rowboat was severely damaged and had gone through Lower Limestone Rapids, RCMP Inspector Leon Fiedler told The Globe and Mail on the weekend. Police had last scoured the area by air three or four days earlier.

It’s not yet known whether Mr. Schmegelsky and Mr. McLeod used the rowboat, but Friday’s discoveries touched off an intense police search of the shoreline and surrounding bush.

That search involved dozens of officers and several sniffer dogs. ATVs and a helicopter were used to help scan the rugged terrain and a dive team was brought in to scour the muddy Nelson River. A professional tracker was tapped to aid the manhunt, a source familiar with the investigation, who was granted confidentiality because they were not authorized to speak on the matter, told The Globe.

The exhaustive effort led police to find items linked to the pair, although the RCMP will not reveal what those items are.

How a river guide’s sharp eye, and a sleeping bag, triggered a search that ended the RCMP manhunt

I'm confused. A report is that the river guide with a jetboat, Clint Sawchuk, spotted a sleeping bag in the willows in the river. Yet, the reports also are also that the "linked items" and the bodies were found only about 8 or 9 km downriver from the RAV4. The Lower Limestone rapids are further than that, and the boat was reportedly found past them.

The bodies were apparently found within a KM of the linked items, in the brush, probably near the river.

The Lower Limestone rapids are the only significant ones in the area, save for a smaller line rapid at Sundance.

I'm now wondering if the boat was unrelated to the suspects, but lead people to look in the right area.

My further guess is the suspects have been dead a while, otherwise they would have been able to positively ID them immediately upon finding them.

I suspect there may be some innocent confusion regarding locations at the moment, similar to how reports kept varying massively about the distance to Gillam. Otherwise, an alternative theory is that the suspects managed to capsize that boat upon launching it (perhaps trying to climb in)

Joe Scarpelli on Twitter
Jeez it’s kind of creepy knowing they are in that trailer.

Has anyone put the location they were found on a map? I'd like to see that.

it was a civilian - the owner of the jet-boat tourist Co. - link posted upthread

I brought the post here:

Wow, good on that guide!! He, and other folks adept at moving around that terrain were probably on hyper-alert for anything out of the ordinary. Such a huge relief for the people who live in that area. Glad their bodies have been found. Perhaps LE can now piece together the details of what probably happened.

I don't understand the 'paranoid' part. Why would it be considered paranoid to believe that they could have been framed for murder? They were always labelled as suspects. Sadly, they won't have their day in court to prove their innocence. Even Bryer's father seemed pretty fast to throw his son under the bus.

so you think someone followed them, wait no, preceded them onto the Alaska highway, after following them all over B.C., somehow magically knew where they would end up driving, and murdered three lovely people?

cmon, it defies logic and common sense

Oh!! I thought I read that they were found on a shoreline. I wonder how they found them in that specific location?
The same day the boat was found last week, some of their personal items were found on the shoreline some distance away (we're not real clear on exactly how far but apparently a few kilos away.) Today, they were able to locate the bodies based on the location of their personal items. No word yet on what those items were, but they were described as definitely theirs yesterday.

He also bought Bryer his computer (from which forensic evidence was found). He also bought him the airsoft rifle. He also tried to protect Bryer from criticism of playing "war games" in the woods. His mental illness doesn't excuse him from being complicit. He's had a long standing, vitriolic hatred of the world that wronged him, and he told the world his son, with whom he only spent a couple of weekends for a few short years, does too.

Math. Psychology. Logic.

So every parent who buys their kid a computer or an airsoft rifle is a criminal. Got it. Come on, dude. Those are normal purchases for a parent to make for a teenager, and a lot of teenage boys are into those interests. We have no evidence that he bought Bryer anything that was used in the commission of any crime or that he was involved in any of their crimes. The police specifically said in their press conference there were no additional suspects being considered. Also, there is evidence that his son DID have a lot of misanthropy. We don't know if it came from his dad's influence or not, but considering he told his classmates he wanted to kill his entire family, probably not.

One resident said she was relieved the manhunt was over but also saddened that another two lives have been lost #canadamanhunt #canadianmanhunt

At the end of the meeting tonight, a moment of silence was held for the three homicide victims, Chynna Deese, Lucas Fowler and Leonard Dyck. The two suspects were also acknowledged #canadamanhunt #canadianmanhunt

The people of Gillam are so sweet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member