Found Deceased Malaysia - Nora Quoirin, 15, from UK, special needs, missing on vacation, Seremban, 4 Aug 2019 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
From the link View attachment 197385

No doors but the terrace looks like it's higher than ground level? Doesn't look like she could've just walked out that way. jmo

That’s right. I don’t know if it is against TOS to link, so how about I say it this way: in google images search “into the jungle at the Dusun” and hopefully you’ll see an exterior pic of the Sora house, balcony deck side. It’s high off the ground. (For me, it shows up as the fourth image)

One of the weird things about this case to me has been the disconnect between the family and everyone. Let me lead this by saying I don’t believe that the family is involved with the disappearance. My main logic being how the hell could a tourist from London make a girl disappear in the forest in Malaysia without getting lost themselves in such a good hiding spot even locals can’t find it. Maybe it’s possible but it seems crazy to me. Furthermore I’d guess if the family was involved in foul play they’d stop demanding to look for foul play.

That being said I don’t understand the behavior. It seems family usually buddy up with the cops who suggest to not talk to the media so they don’t hinder the case, or they cozy up with media because they dont agree with the police work or just to keep their kids name in the news. Neither of these things are happening though. They disagree with the cops but won’t tell the media explicitly why. Basically we are left knowing almost nothing for sure. The only thing we can all agree on is she went missing on August 4th and no ones seen her since. Everything else about Nóra from which house or room she was staying in, what she was wearing, her mental abilities...it’s all speculation

I hear you! We don´t know what horrors are going through these parents minds...

Nevertheless, they are convinced an abduction took place. A heinous criminal act in a resort where, for 30 years, no theft has been recorded, indeed the houses have open walls.

They should concentrate on re-constructing details of arrival, stay, make a timeline, movements, clothes, sleeping arrangements, Nora's capacities, etc. Get this info to police and have confidence in their abilities.

This article address the conflict in where she was sleeping.

The Malaysian police indicated that Nora had her own bedroom but Nora's grandfather Sylvain Quoirin said she was sleeping in the same room as her siblings.

He said: "Nora disappeared in extremely mysterious conditions since she was sleeping in the room with her sister and brother.

"In the morning, the window was open and she had disappeared, whereas after an 18-hour flight and a seven-hour time difference you would sleep soundly and not go for a stroll at night.

"Everyone went to bed tired, and in the morning Nora wasn't there."

Missing Nora Quoirin, 15, may have been abducted, Malaysian cops finally admit as they probe fingerprints found in cottage where she vanished

From The Dusun website all the cabins were 2 bedroom.
That’s weird. The police definitely indicated that she was in the same bedroom as her siblings - that’s partly what made them think an abduction was unlikely...

That’s weird. The police definitely indicated that she was in the same bedroom as her siblings - that’s partly what made them think an abduction was unlikely...
Looking at the photos of the sora- via google image search- there is only the master bedroom with doors. The upstairs bedroom is a mezzanine overlooking the lounge, so just a balcony. Not helpful to us- but if she was asleep downstairs in the lounge, I can still see why people would say it’s the same room, whilst others say she was downstairs. No news article has stated she was downstairs sleeping alone.
With regards people replying to my comment about the open plan balcony and being able to walk in and out of the building- I was referring to the front door, not the balcony.

Bernama News Channel (BNC)

@BernamaNewsCH

Operasi SAR #NoraQuoirin : Khidmat helikopter PGU PDRM akan digunakan hari ini dengan tambahan teknologi yang lebih canggih. - Polis

4:46 AM · Aug 8, 2019·TweetDeck

Google translation:
SAR Operation #NoraQuoirin: PGU PDRM helicopter service will be used today with the addition of more advanced technology. - Police
Bernama News Channel (BNC)

@BernamaNewsCH

Hari kelima operasi SAR kesan #NoraAnne libatkan 274 anggota & diketuai Unit Senoi Praaq PDRM. - Polis
Translated by Google
Fifth day of SAR operation impact #NoraAnne include 274 members & lead PDRM Praoiq Senoi Unit. - Police

5:11 AM · Aug 8, 2019·TweetDeck
Bernama News Channel (BNC) on Twitter
[URL="https://twitter.com/BernamaNewsCH/status/1159316121830350848"]Bernama News Channel (BNC) on Twitter[/URL]

But they have since e confirmed that the open window was on the ground floor, in the hallway.

So it kind of doesn't matter where she was sleeping. It seems more likely she went downstairs at some point---maybe to use the bathroom...and something happened at that point.

Maybe she saw something outside that she was drawn to?

Or someone saw her and climbed in through the window?

Last edited:
According to this link she went to bed that night in just her underwear. I wonder if any shoes or clothes were missing to indicate she had intentionally walked out.

Family of missing Nora Quoirin say child abducted in Malaysia

I also notice the upstairs bedroom has what looks like a bar across one window (correct me if I'm wrong) so IF Nora was in the single bed and 'taken' via the 'open bedroom window' someone would have to take her across the room and manoeuvre her out right next to 2 other sleeping children. Or IF she was in the double bed she would have been with another child, but again trying to manoeuvre her out one of the 2 small windows with another child in the bed. It doesn't make sense. Oh and potentially tackle through the mosquito nets if used.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190808-081921_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20190808-081921_Samsung Internet.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:
Posting photos for reference:

Sumisha Naidu‏Verified account @sumishanaidu

This is where Nora Quoirin and her family were staying, at the Dusun - advertised as a tropical rainforest resort - when she was discovered missing. 252 people, including police and fire department personnel, are taking part in Day 5 of the search. (
1f4f7.png
: Police)

EBanvghVAAAw05p.jpg

EBanvghU8AAuWiN.jpg

EBanvggUwAAfMPE.jpg

EBanvghUwAATkqB.jpg

Sumisha Naidu on Twitter

Sumisha Naidu‏Verified account @sumishanaidu

Police updates from Day 5 of the search for Nora Quoirin:

• No positive leads; still a "missing person"
• 267 people in S&R • helicopter capable of thermal imaging has joined search
• her photos have been distributed to police manning roads etc; Nur alert issued on her too

Sumisha Naidu on Twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member