GUILTY MO - Nicholas, 35, & Justin Diemel, 24, brothers missing, Clinton County, 21 July 2019 *ARREST* #2

Nelson Running the Farm? Terms of Release from Prison?
^snipping for focus^ Not sure I follow ^ post correctly.
When did TF 'start the farm in her name' in order to let JN run it? After his release from prison? Or ...?
Not trying to sleuth her, but trying to determine how much control over the farm property/real estate and the farming operation Nelson had, and when he gained it.

A sleuther posted the Catawba Rd. farm was where Nelson was raised (Sorry no link).
If so, did TF live there during his childhood?
At that time, was she the owner or a part owner (for ex: tenant by the entirety, joint tenant, tenants in common, beneficiary of trust, etc.) of that property?
If so, then seems TF did not "start the farm in her name in order to let JN run it."

Help, pls, @inmyhumbleopinion (or?) did you link? I just did a quick search for link to ---
- document w terms of his release from prison and could not find.

- document re control of farming operation, something like J4S or 4JS?
Thx in adv.
So sorry I didn’t get back to you sooner! I will be moving this coming Friday, so it’s been pretty crazy around here ;). I have to go soon, but will check back in tonight. I will go ahead and post the entire judgement, in case anyone is interested :):

E3014CD3-B003-4238-9E7E-DF1BE1D6358E.jpeg 4D370C8D-39B7-43CA-95EA-332528DE8744.jpeg 0D7F06B5-B977-43A3-B825-27102D301D0C.jpeg 89074EC0-C453-47BB-B888-EAAA26B79838.jpeg E94B6E3E-0A2B-405C-93C4-B997FBACBC41.jpeg E7EF9FE6-852D-4836-8BFD-947458EA4C38.jpeg

Also, the document below consists of two sections: first, “Valuation of implements and equipment owned by Garland “Joey” Nelson and estimation of potential recovery if liquidated,”
and second, “Valuation of Implements and Equipment owned 50% by TF [Nelson’s mother] and 50% by Garland “Joey” Nelson.

3B422F3E-6A21-467C-B226-5A9DDD6D18D7.jpeg F0E60479-B9D9-4538-A917-8E9ED6B08080.jpeg

The part in the document I find most interesting (and deeply disturbing) are the footnotes. They show just how far Nelson went to deceive the government (USDA/FSA), and it’s staggering.

Nelson: “I didn’t commit a crime.” Yes, he definitely did.

Aug. 8, 2019
“[SBM]

David Foster, a Kansas dairy farmer, told The Kansas City Star Wednesday that he bought 131 calves from Nelson in November. Nelson was to raise the calves and the farmers would split the cost after the animals were sold. One hundred of the calves belonged to the Diemel brothers, Foster said.

Nelson's mother, Tomme Feil, said her son and the family cared for the calves. The animals became ill shortly after arriving at the farm, which Feil blamed on bad winter and weakened immune systems. She said many died despite receiving extensive medication, feed and advice from veterinarians.

It wasn't like we enjoyed watching calves die,’ she said. ‘We didn't. We were doing everything possible to keep them alive.’

Feil said her son returned the remaining calves when Foster's bank claimed them as collateral.

[SBM]

Foster said Nelson owes him more than $151,000. Feil agreed that Nelson owed Foster money but disputed the amount. She said several people owe her son money and he planned to pay Foster back when others paid their debts to him.

Feil said law enforcement authorities have seized paperwork relevant to her son's business dealings. Foster declined to provide documentation of the deal with Nelson, saying law enforcement had advised him not to so as not to interfere with the investigation.

[SBM]” (BBM)
Man Details Cattle Deal Involving Missing Wisconsin Brothers
So JN's mother seems to know a lot about his business deal with Foster and the Diemels, described in the article. She appears to think that her son did nothing wrong, and that it's not his fault that he owes people money. She surely must have known (IMO) about the nature of the Diemels' visit to the farm. What did she and her son expect from the visit? Have we learned about the Diemels' past business dealings with JN? Is there anything positive in this story?

The way his mom is acting, I'm starting to think she should be charged for the fraudulent activity with the cattle along with her son. Yeah, I'm sure that the cattle were fine but right after they leave the Diemels' care and go to the suspects farm suddenly they have weakened immune systems and had previously "went through a bad winter"

I would love to know how the Diemels cattle that were under their care fared in comparison to the ones that went to JN's farm. Because if it was what JN's mom claims then wouldn't the cattle have issues regardless of which farm they ended up going to?

“‘Basically, I cut off all ties with Joey, I think it was May 16th, is the last text that I sent him, of this year, we had done business since May 11th, of 2018,’ says Foster. ‘That was the first contract that he signed here at my farm, in Kansas, to do some business together.’” (BBM)

That’s 43 days after he was released from federal prison ... :eek:.

View attachment 197466
BOP: Federal Inmates By Name

So if he signed a contract in May of 2018, that was before the J4S business was set up in June by TSF. How was that allowed through terms of his release? Although, the first deal was just for the shed (according to the article), and then the refrigerated trucks, so perhaps the calf deal was later in the year? JMO

So if he signed a contract in May of 2018, that was before the J4S business was set up in June by TSF. How was that allowed through terms of his release? Although, the first deal was just for the shed (according to the article), and then the refrigerated trucks, so perhaps the calf deal was later in the year? JMO
I've seen it mentioned that the calf deal started in November.

Man details cattle deal involving missing Wisconsin brothers - WIZM 92.3FM 1410AM

ETA: I'm not sure I understand this business arrangement correctly. At first I read that Foster brought 131 calves to JN's farm and that the Diemels had a separate deal with JN. Now it appears that 100 out of 131 calves came from the Diemels and the venture was a complete failure. Did the Diemels have any other current deal with JN?

I've seen it mentioned that the calf deal started in November.

At first I read that Foster brought 131 calves to JN's farm and that the Diemels had a separate deal with JN. Now it appears that 100 out of 131 calves came from the Diemels and the venture was a complete failure. Did the Diemels have any other current deal with JN?

In the Kansas "Exclusive" video, Foster said that when he talked to the Diemels he learned that JN had a separate deal with them but didn't know the details about that agreement.

Did Nelson incur new credit charges, violating terms of release?

Supervised release for a term of 3 years. Special conditions of supervision:
Not incur new credit charges or open additional lines of credit without the approval of the probation officer....

@Turnuptime Thanks for your post. snipped for focus

In seeing ^ term in the doc., initially I thought it would have technically prevented Nelson from participating in business ventures w Diemels and Foster - well, if he had been voluntarily complying w those pesky Special Conditions of Supervision.

In thinking further, I don't know if Nelson would have incurred any new credit charges or opening lines of credit, under these contracts.

IIUC, per contracts (oral? written?) ---
- both Foster and the Diemels paid for cattle at time of purchase to original owners, then paid (monthly?) for feed (supplies? vet bills?) either to Nelson or directly to feed-provider, and
- Nelson was obligated to keep cattle, feed them, then at some point sell them.

If this ^ was the substance of their agreements, then was Nelson incurring new credit charges or opening lines of credit? If not, then no violation of SpecCondSup. I could be misunderstanding and totally off base.

Posters w cattle/farming experience --- any more info about how these arrangements typically work? Links to sample contracts?Thx in adv.

Violating Terms of Nelson's Release?
@Mw221 :) ^ post asks "Allowed" ?

What part of cattle contract w Foster would have violated terms of Supervised Release? And violated which condition, pls specify. FYI, post #2, by @inmyhumbleopinion has pdf's of the "Supervised Release" document.

Does it matter when cattle contract was entered, in May 2018 or later in 2018?

Did Nelson incur new credit charges, violating terms of release?

@Turnuptime Thanks for your post. snipped for focus

In seeing ^ term in the doc., initially I thought it would have technically prevented Nelson from participating in business ventures w Diemels and Foster - well, if he had been voluntarily complying w those pesky Special Conditions of Supervision.

In thinking further, I don't know if Nelson would have incurred any new credit charges or opening lines of credit, under these contracts.

IIUC, per contracts (oral? written?) ---
- both Foster and the Diemels paid for cattle at time of purchase to original owners, then paid (monthly?) for feed (supplies? vet bills?) either to Nelson or directly to feed-provider, and
- Nelson was obligated to keep cattle, feed them, then at some point sell them.

If this ^ was the substance of their agreements, then was Nelson incurring new credit charges or opening lines of credit? If not, then no violation of SpecCondSup. I could be misunderstanding and totally off base.

Posters w cattle/farming experience --- any more info about how these arrangements typically work? Links to sample contracts?Thx in adv.

Here's a sample lease agreement:

https://beef.unl.edu/documents/marketing-budget/ec841-beef-cow-share-lease-agreements.pdf

Violating Terms of Nelson's Release?

@Mw221 :) ^ post asks "Allowed" ?

What part of cattle contract w Foster would have violated terms of Supervised Release? And violated which condition, pls specify. FYI, post #2, by @inmyhumbleopinion has pdf's of the "Supervised Release" document.

Does it matter when cattle contract was entered, in May 2018 or later in 2018?

I don't know if the probation officer approved or knew of any of the credit situations. In my mind, any business deal that left him owing money would have been the intent of the special conditions. Whether it was reaffirming the debt on his truck through the bankruptcy, leasing a trailer, letting feed bills go past due, or basically using other people's money, that seems to be what got him in trouble before and ended up coming right back to get him in trouble again.

I don't know if the probation officer approved or knew of any of the credit situations. In my mind, any business deal that left him owing money would have been the intent of the special conditions. Whether it was reaffirming the debt on his truck through the bankruptcy, leasing a trailer, letting feed bills go past due, or basically using other people's money, that seems to be what got him in trouble before and ended up coming right back to get him in trouble again.
This has racked my mind and thought about this. I think he was using J4S to get around such issues. TSF owned the company. Thus a work around. JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrak
Back