Found Deceased Malaysia - Nora Quoirin, 15, from UK, special needs, missing on vacation, Seremban, 4 Aug 2019 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could I ask .... is Malaysia a popular vacation spot for Europeans?
Yes. In fact, the whole region of South East Asia.

Bukit Aman CID chief Datuk Huzir Mohamed was also earlier spotted at the Pantai police station and the resort where a temporary search and rescue operation base has been set up.

He said Nora Anne’s parents, Sebastian Quoirin and Meabh Quoirin, flew to Malaysia from two separate destinations.

“The father arrived with Nora Anne and her siblings from London while her mother came from Singapore.

“Both of them arrived at KLIA Terminal 3 within a 30-minute difference,” he said.

Missing Irish teen: CID team checks phone logs, emails exchange made from resort in Seremban | Malay Mail
*modsnip*

Last edited by a moderator:
In your experience (I have none), what's the likelihood that someone with impairments would know to stay put and not keep moving? Realizing of course that not all impairments are of the same severity!

From my experience logical thinking is often impaired. Without knowing Nora it is hard to say how she would react in this kind of situation. I hope her survival instinct kicks in and more importantly given the climate I hope she is able to find a clean/ish water source. I've read that when humans are lost we tend to naturally walk in circles, let's hope this is the case for Nora and she hasn't travelled far.

It concerns me that Nora could have been spooked by the previous calls from the search teams, the recordings from her mum are an excellent idea. They could also play songs or tv programmes from a fixed speaker to entice Nora to a particular spot. Again without knowing Nora I dont know her mental capacity. She is in a strange environment which could make her act out of character.

We are nearly a week in with zero traces

I think the cadaver dogs would be a good call

Those saying it’s unlikely to be an abduction? Then I’d ask, of all abductions taken place over the years, his many of those have also been thought of as ‘unlikely’.... and what makes an abduction more likely?

I’d say the same about parental involvement too. How many cases have shocked us over the years.... here on the internet we are in no place to rule out anything....at police ha they are the ones with all the evidence and facts. Not us

<modsnip - discussing moderation>

Maybe just me but I'd rather she had just wandered off than been taken by someone. That wouldn't have a good ending either. But I guess it's remotely possible she could still be alive if she'd wandered off.

I’ve spent time hiking in the tropics. Not Malakka but other jungles. It’s stifling hot, dense, a little frightening and easy to get lost even with knowledge and guides. We wandered into a huge waterfall in error as the river appeared from nowhere...no banks or noise, just one minute jungle, one minute fast flowing river. A girl with learning difficulties is not going to thrive with no appropriate clothing, food, water or survival knowledge for a week.

It sounds harsh but an abduction increases her chances.

I’ve spent time hiking in the tropics. Not Malakka but other jungles. It’s stifling hot, dense, a little frightening and easy to get lost even with knowledge and guides. We wandered into a huge waterfall in error as the river appeared from nowhere...no banks or noise, just one minute jungle, one minute fast flowing river. A girl with learning difficulties is not going to thrive with no appropriate clothing, food, water or survival knowledge for a week.

Concur 100%.

I am sadly in agreement

Are we allowed to post links to pages related to mums job- does explain why she flew in from singapore.

Rules - Social Media - Facebook, Twitter, etc.

From the link:

"Approved SM Pages/Profiles

Individuals
Victim (missing or murdered person)
Suspect (as indicated by LE)

• Links may be used to direct members to posts made by a victim or a suspect.
  • Copying and pasting, or taking screen caps, directly from these pages is not allowed.
  • Paraphrasing is okay.
  • Posts by friends and visitors are off limits.
  • Do not link to an individual’s (victim or suspect) social media page if you are not 100% certain it belongs to the correct individual.
  • If a social media page is set to private and you get in the back way, you may not post what you find. Private means private!

Public Pages
Mainstream Media (MSM)
Law Enforcement (LE)
Group support pages for victims, such as "Help Find..." and "Justice for...”
Legitimate non-profit organizations who provide assistance and support to victims and their families (e.g., Klass Kids, Texas Equusearch).

• Links may be used to direct members to a post by the owner or an admin of an approved social media page/profile.
  • Posts by an owner or admin may be copied or quoted. This refers primarly to posts or tweets by MSM reporters, and announcements by law enforcement, the immediate family, or the admin of a group support page.
  • Paraphrasing is okay.
  • ***NOTE: Comments and posts by readers/visitors of these pages are not allowed to be quoted, copied or referenced. Just don’t mention them.
  • Regarding group support pages, i.e., "Help Find..." and "Justice for...”: If at any time the WS staff determines a group support page to be inappropriate, a notice will be posted in the thread stating that the page is no longer approved.

Not Allowed

Social media pages that fall in the following categories areOFF LIMITS.

Family members of either a victim or a suspect
Friends of either a victim or a suspect
Most any other individual

Don't link to these pages, nor make reference to information you find on them.

Any exception must first be approved by an administrator. You can contact an administrator via private message, or send an email to websleuthscomments@gmail.com

EXAMPLE: If a suspect has been arrested for a crime relevant to the discussion topic, and you want to post a Facebook screencap from his/her personal page, you must first obtain approval from administration.

PODCAST ROW

WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK

bessie, Sep 23, 2015Report
#1Like"

Rules - Social Media - Facebook, Twitter, etc.

From the link:

"Approved SM Pages/Profiles

Individuals
Victim (missing or murdered person)
Suspect (as indicated by LE)

• Links may be used to direct members to posts made by a victim or a suspect.
  • Copying and pasting, or taking screen caps, directly from these pages is not allowed.
  • Paraphrasing is okay.
  • Posts by friends and visitors are off limits.
  • Do not link to an individual’s (victim or suspect) social media page if you are not 100% certain it belongs to the correct individual.
  • If a social media page is set to private and you get in the back way, you may not post what you find. Private means private!

Public Pages
Mainstream Media (MSM)
Law Enforcement (LE)
Group support pages for victims, such as "Help Find..." and "Justice for...”
Legitimate non-profit organizations who provide assistance and support to victims and their families (e.g., Klass Kids, Texas Equusearch).

• Links may be used to direct members to a post by the owner or an admin of an approved social media page/profile.
  • Posts by an owner or admin may be copied or quoted. This refers primarly to posts or tweets by MSM reporters, and announcements by law enforcement, the immediate family, or the admin of a group support page.
  • Paraphrasing is okay.
  • ***NOTE: Comments and posts by readers/visitors of these pages are not allowed to be quoted, copied or referenced. Just don’t mention them.
  • Regarding group support pages, i.e., "Help Find..." and "Justice for...”: If at any time the WS staff determines a group support page to be inappropriate, a notice will be posted in the thread stating that the page is no longer approved.

Not Allowed

Social media pages that fall in the following categories areOFF LIMITS.

Family members of either a victim or a suspect
Friends of either a victim or a suspect
Most any other individual

Don't link to these pages, nor make reference to information you find on them.

Any exception must first be approved by an administrator. You can contact an administrator via private message, or send an email to websleuthscomments@gmail.com

EXAMPLE: If a suspect has been arrested for a crime relevant to the discussion topic, and you want to post a Facebook screencap from his/her personal page, you must first obtain approval from administration.

PODCAST ROW

WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK

bessie, Sep 23, 2015Report
#1Like"
See reading that, I can’t find that it wouldn’t be ok- but will leave it x

totally agree - nothing can be ruled out at the moment.
We are nearly a week in with zero traces

I think the cadaver dogs would be a good call

Those saying it’s unlikely to be an abduction? Then I’d ask, of all abductions taken place over the years, his many of those have also been thought of as ‘unlikely’.... and what makes an abduction more likely?

I’d say the same about parental involvement too. How many cases have shocked us over the years.... here on the internet we are in no place to rule out anything....at police ha they are the ones with all the evidence and facts. Not us

I expect this will be deleted for being off topic or as ‘bickering’ or something

I can’t copy paste as I’m on my phone but lucie Blackman trust have tweeted a statement from the family telling us more about Nóra as a person along with her form of disability. I’m now extra worried for Nóra and can understand the parents concerns even more. Be safe Nóra please x

From the Lucie Blackman Trust Facebook page

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

The family of Nóra Quoirin, 15, whose mother Meabh is from Belfast and whose father Sebastien is French, have today released the following statement.

Lucie Blackman Trust

*modsnip*
Doesn’t compute. If this is all true then someone had to come into the house, go upstairs and carry her out without making noise or waking a single person in that house. I just don’t see that happening. So confusing :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members