Jerry Sandusky sentenced to 30-60 years in 2012 *Appeal denied 2023*

Todd and Jerry have one thing in common . They were both set up. They haven't harmed a soul
They have more than ONE commonality, IMO.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Lindsay basically threw everything against the wall to if any of sticks.

There are several issues:

1. Is the person that Lindsay said is "Victim 2" really the person McQueary saw?

No, and I think they demonstrated that.

2. Did Sandusky have incompetent lawyers?

No, Amendola is one of the county's top defense attorneys, and he was representing Sandusky since 2008-9 in regard to Victim 1.

3. Did the grand jury leak some information, that caused damage to Sandusky?

No. Unless a witness is ordered by a judge, any witness before the grand jury can reveal what he or she said as a witness. There is no evidence of any "leak." The presentment was released a day or so early, but that wasn't a leak.

Seven years after Jerry Sandusky was convicted of child molestation and sentenced to decades behind bars, an appeals court has ordered a resentencing hearing for the former Penn State assistant football coach whose crimes have cost the university a fortune and triggered changes to state law.

Sandusky, 75, was sentenced in 2012 to 30 to 60 years, but a Pennsylvania Superior Court panel said that included the improper application of mandatory minimums. In a 119-page opinion, the appeals panel struck down argument after argument that lawyers for Sandusky had made in seeking a new trial.

Sandusky denied new trial, to be resentenced

Attorney says he’ll ask Pa. Supreme Court for new trial for Jerry Sandusky

Attorney Al Lindsay said at a press conference Monday that he will file a petition with the Pennsylvania Supreme Court next week to seek a new trial for Jerry Sandusky.

Sandusky remains in a state prison serving a term of 30 to 60 years.

His wife, Dottie, said that her husband has remained in frequent contact with Lindsay. “Jerry drives him crazy,” she said.

This is the last recourse in state court, and they might not even hear the case.

IMO,
I would think some abuse victims would feel violated all over again, to see/hear their abuser DENY the abuse ever happened:mad:

What a schmuck...
I'm new to this because I don't do well with sexual abuse cases. I heard an interview with Mrs. Sandusky and for her to talk so bad about a son she adopted, is horrible. That John that is helping her said, Matt because he didn't tell, when it first happened, was more to blame than Jerry. I am shocked.

Sandusky to be resentenced next month in molestation case

Harrisburg, Pa. – A state judge has ordered Jerry Sandusky be taken to a central Pennsylvania courtroom next month for resentencing on his 45-count child sexual abuse conviction, six months after an appeals court ruled mandatory minimums had been improperly applied.

Judge John Foradora filed an order Wednesday that scheduled the proceeding for Sept. 23.

Sandusky, a former Penn State assistant football coach, was convicted in 2012 of the sexual abuse of 10 boys, including attacks on campus. Victims testified he subjected them to abuse that ranged from grooming to violent sexual attacks. He was sentenced to 30 to 60 years, but that term was overturned by Superior Court in February...

Sandusky to be resentenced next month in molestation case

Harrisburg, Pa. – A state judge has ordered Jerry Sandusky be taken to a central Pennsylvania courtroom next month for resentencing on his 45-count child sexual abuse conviction, six months after an appeals court ruled mandatory minimums had been improperly applied.

Judge John Foradora filed an order Wednesday that scheduled the proceeding for Sept. 23.

Sandusky, a former Penn State assistant football coach, was convicted in 2012 of the sexual abuse of 10 boys, including attacks on campus. Victims testified he subjected them to abuse that ranged from grooming to violent sexual attacks. He was sentenced to 30 to 60 years, but that term was overturned by Superior Court in February...

Sorry, but I haven't been keeping up with this case. Can anyone tell me what this means? Was there an appeal that his sentence was too harsh? What that what was overturned? Is he likely to be treated more leniently?

Sorry, but I haven't been keeping up with this case. Can anyone tell me what this means? Was there an appeal that his sentence was too harsh? What that what was overturned? Is he likely to be treated more leniently?

The original didn't use the proper sentencing guidelines. Sandusky will be re-sentenced. My original guess was about half of what he got, i.e. 15-30 years. His chance of parole, however, is virtually nonexistent. He would have to admit guilt prior to any shot at parole, and show that he wasn't a danger.

The original didn't use the proper sentencing guidelines. Sandusky will be re-sentenced. My original guess was about half of what he got, i.e. 15-30 years. His chance of parole, however, is virtually nonexistent. He would have to admit guilt prior to any shot at parole, and show that he wasn't a danger.

Thank you.
I was hoping it wasn't about getting him 'off'.

Former Penn State assistant football coach Jerry Sandusky's resentencing on a 45-count child sexual abuse conviction is being delayed another two weeks.

Judge Maureen Skerda on Thursday pushed the hearing back to 1 p.m. Friday, Nov. 22, at the county courthouse in Bellefonte, Pennsylvania.

Sandusky resentencing on child sex abuse conviction delayed

Nearly ten years after he was convicted on multiple child abuse charges, Jerry Sandusky’s appeal process is still alive in the courts.

He has another hearing in the state superior court set for Oct. 14.

Sandusky’s legal team claims they have new evidence of illegal collusion in the attorney general’s office investigation and grand jury that led to Sandusky being charged in 2011.

Sandusky Trial - FOX8

Nearly ten years after he was convicted on multiple child abuse charges, Jerry Sandusky’s appeal process is still alive in the courts.

He has another hearing in the state superior court set for Oct. 14.

Sandusky’s legal team claims they have new evidence of illegal collusion in the attorney general’s office investigation and grand jury that led to Sandusky being charged in 2011.

Sandusky Trial - FOX8

The impossible denial from Sandusky merits life in prison. The man still thinks that he did nothing wrong, and is a "victim". This type of person can never be rehabilitated.

Sandusky is in prison for life. Even if he has his sentence reduced he is at an age where he would be over 100 years old when he is released and I don't see him living that long.

Sandusky is in prison for life. Even if he has his sentence reduced he is at an age where he would be over 100 years old when he is released and I don't see him living that long.

In theory, no. I know a few people that have hit their centennial.

I think he would be 98 before he is eligible for parole, June 2042. That is still a long way off, even if he survives. I think he would also have to admit his guilt. Unlikely, but possible.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back