Found Deceased Malaysia - Nora Quoirin, 15, from UK, special needs, missing on vacation, Seremban, 4 Aug 2019 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly. People reviewing the accommodation write of seeing monkeys, birds and various lizards and insects. There are not tigers and panthers prowling the immediate area around the resort.

I agree. I cannot find anything at all online to say there are such animals in the area.

ETA: Plus, with the jungle being an official trail to the Berembun mountain I'm sure there would be some sort of signage in place warning of dangers and it would be more documented. There is signage and 'stations' on the way through leading the trails.

Nora believed not to be in the area:
Commenting on Nora Anne's case, the Orang Asli community cited two previous incidents where individuals got lost in the jungle area surrounding the resort and said both were found within 24 hours.

They indicated that the police canine unit would have detected her scent if she had fainted or anything untoward happened while she was lost.

Members of the community, who described the surrounding jungle as their “playground”, also said they have searched various areas and pointed out the vicinity around the search zone where the terrain is difficult and dangerous.

They stressed that if Nora Anne was still around, she would be wandering near the 2km river down the hill or by the road side.

Because the police had searched the hilly terrain, the Orang Asli viewed that it did not make sense for her to continue hiking upwards to the hilly jungle are.
Six questions about: The disappearance of Irish teen Nora Anne Quoirin | Malay Mail

Last edited:
Sorry, don't agree with your post,

Firstly, Any govt would take steps against false info.

Secondly, do not agree with insinuations regarding Nora's mother nor that of the family having being cautioned or threatened. As far as we know they are not in a position to offer more info.

Thirdly, you miss the point totally in the legislation you quote and I truly wonder why you bring this up.

IMO Malaysian authorities have taken this case on with absolute dedication and we should not undermine their efforts.
Agree with you completely.

Can anyone explain why in some reports it states that there are no locks on the doors and windows, but other reports state that the window could be opened from the outside if it was not locked? Either it can be locked or it can’t. I cannot see anyone going to bed without locking a door or door-like window with children in the house.

Also, the window does not look big enough to fit someone carrying another person through. And if the door was not locked, why would they not use the door.

We have a nearly 15 year old who is slim build and my husband would struggle to lift her while asleep, especially downstairs or out of a window. They are surprisingly heavy!

Yes, I doubt anyone could carry her out the window.
But Elizabeth Smart was abducted from her home, at the same age, while everyone slept, and her sister was in the room and saw it happen. Totally unbelievable, awful things can happen.

The kidnapper didn't physically force her, he used threats and fear and a weapon, and she did what she was told, to save her family.

Nora believed not to be in the area:
Commenting on Nora Anne's case, the Orang Asli community cited two previous incidents where individuals got lost in the jungle area surrounding the resort and said both were found within 24 hours.

They indicated that the police canine unit would have detected her scent if she had fainted or anything untoward happened while she was lost.

Members of the community, who described the surrounding jungle as their “playground”, also said they have searched various areas and pointed out the vicinity around the search zone where the terrain is difficult and dangerous.

They stressed that if Nora Anne was still around, she would be wandering near the 2km river down the hill or by the road side.

Because the police had searched the hilly terrain, the Orang Asli viewed that it did not make sense for her to continue hiking upwards to the hilly jungle are.
Six questions about: The disappearance of Irish teen Nora Anne Quoirin | Malay Mail

With respect, imo the Orang Asli community is making too many assumptions.

Regarding the mother being very careful to thank the Malaysian police for their assistance and their appeal to the UK/French governments. Reminds me that the McCanns were quick to ask for assistance and suggest the Portuguese weren't doing their jobs, and look how that turned out. I think they are right to be cautious, they are in a country with a very different culture to their own and offending them could harm the level of assistance they are willing to give.

Can anyone explain why in some reports it states that there are no locks on the doors and windows, but other reports state that the window could be opened from the outside if it was not locked? Either it can be locked or it can’t. I cannot see anyone going to bed without locking a door or door-like window with children in the house.

Also, the window does not look big enough to fit someone carrying another person through. And if the door was not locked, why would they not use the door.

We have a nearly 15 year old who is slim build and my husband would struggle to lift her while asleep, especially downstairs or out of a window. They are surprisingly heavy!
The window has a lock/handle on the inside, not on the outside. Police is trying to certify whether the window had been closed from the inside using the lock/handle, or whether it had been left open/unlocked. If the window was closed properly, then it must have openedd from the inside. If the window was not closed properly, then it could have been opened from the outside.
I have no idea how they want to certify how the window had been closed.....

Regarding the mother being very careful to thank the Malaysian police for their assistance and their appeal to the UK/French governments. Reminds me that the McCanns were quick to ask for assistance and suggest the Portuguese weren't doing their jobs, and look how that turned out. I think they are right to be cautious, they are in a country with a very different culture to their own and offending them could harm the level of assistance they are willing to give.

Not aimed at you MrsMarple, just quoting.

To be fair to the Malay Police and all other parties involved they have worked around the clock to assist. We only see what's in the media so imagine the assistance we dont get to hear about. They appear to have done everything possible I.e sniffer dogs, thermal imaging drones, 300 + personnel, mums voice on speakers, investigating all communication in the area. In my opinion, though I could be wrong but you wouldn't get that level of assistance here in the UK.

Not aimed at you MrsMarple, just quoting.

To be fair to the Malay Police and all other parties involved they have worked around the clock to assist. We only see what's in the media so imagine the assistance we dont get to hear about. They appear to have done everything possible I.e sniffer dogs, thermal imaging drones, 300 + personnel, mums voice on speakers, investigating all communication in the area. In my opinion, though I could be wrong but you wouldn't get that level of assistance here in the UK.

I haven't been following that closely but there doesn't seem to be any suggestion they are not doing everything they can. I suspect care is being taken to ensure it isn't being suggested; MQ seems to be a guru in emotional intelligence in her professional life.

Umm, do you know what you are talking about? There are panthers, pythons, reports of tiger and elephants. I am Malaysian by birth so think I know what wildlife is found in my country, no offence.
Hi @WannaBeAdetective can I ask you something relating to the Malay culture? I've been reading that "saving face" is hugely important to Malays generally (and also in other countries within the region). This to me explains why examples are given of people who have got themselves lost, to be found quickly by locals. It fits with the saving face. As does saying Nora most likely wandered off, rather than being abducted intentionally. Arguably of course, they also need to consider damage limitation to tourism. I have no doubt that every effort is being made locally by professionals, but I am wondering in terms of "saving face" how much might this skew info being publicly presented?

To add - I have total respect for all cultures and this is by no means meant to be any form of criticism.

Sometimes more information is less. A few confusing articles are mixing things up...

1. The Dutch tourist article doesn’t sound valid as it contradicts every fact we know about arrival time and so forth. Essentially all he has added is that he heard water splashing.

2. No trace or footprints have been discovered.

3. The kids are upstairs in one room, parents down stairs in the other. It’s open plan and is accessible.

4. This is not close to anywhere. There are very little locks and barriers as nature does that for you. It’s not that weird and part of the appeal

5. The rainforest is dense and confusing. Professional trekkers go missing and are never found. It’s not that unusual and the locals even refer to this by describing it as mystical.

11 August 2019:

Deputy IGP visits parents of missing Irish teen, spurs searchers working on Aidiladha festival

KUALA LUMPUR, Aug 11— Rescue workers tirelessly looking for missing Irish teen Nora Anne Quoirin on Hari Raya Aidiladha today were visited by Deputy Inspector-General of Police Datuk Mazlan Mansor who sought to raise their spirits for the continued search.

Mazlan also met with the teen’s parents, Sebastian and Meabh Quoirin, and spent some time with them before leaving.

Earlier, he joined the rescue team and spoke briefly with the workers from various agencies including the police, Fire and Rescue Department, Civil Defence Force, People’s Volunteer Corps (Rela), General Operations Force, and the Federal Reserve Unit.

He also joined their briefing session before the day’s search commenced.

Deputy IGP visits parents of missing Irish teen, spurs searchers working on Aidiladha festival | Malay Mail

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrak