Sievers Sidebar #5

Bonita Springs home where Teresa Sievers was killed is sold at auction
Published 4:41 p.m. ET Jan. 11, 2019 | Updated 5:58 p.m. ET Jan. 11, 2019
The Bonita Springs home where a doctor was killed in a brutal attack has sold at auction.

Dr. Teresa Sievers was found beaten to death with a hammer in 2015 in her Southwest Florida home. Her husband, Mark Sievers, who is accused of orchestrating the killing, is in jail awaiting trial.

It’s been almost four years since the gruesome slaying and now the home, which has been the biggest piece of evidence in the case, sold at a foreclosure auction Friday morning for $271,400.
[...]

January 25, 2019.....I thought there was a hearing....anyone know anything?
Mark Sievers, who is charged with first-degree murder in what investigators described as a murder-for-hire plot to kill his wife, was in court this morning as a date was set for the beginning of his trial.

The judge set the trial date for Sievers to be on June 3, in what attorneys estimate will be a 4-week trial.

https://www.winknews.com/2019/01/25/trial-date-set-for-teresa-sievers-murder-case/

Mark Sievers, who is charged with first-degree murder in what investigators described as a murder-for-hire plot to kill his wife, was in court this morning as a date was set for the beginning of his trial.

The judge set the trial date for Sievers to be on June 3, in what attorneys estimate will be a 4-week trial.

https://www.winknews.com/2019/01/25/trial-date-set-for-teresa-sievers-murder-case/
Well, it's about time. Wonder what ole Mark's going to do to try and delay it now?

Thanks Legally Bland. It will be an interesting trial....and yes, Alice 253 I am sure MS and team will throw anything they can and see if it sticks. We can only hope the trial will start in June.

I often wonder if lawyers take their cues from Srias and Anthony trials....well, maybe not the lawyers but MS ... does he have access to law info in jail where he can read up on other cases? Or is that if only representing oneself?

That's about the right price for that size and area. Many people won't know/care about what happened in there as long as it was redone, which i'm sure it was. And remember, Florida you do not have to disclose. Although they will find out, some people it just doesn't bother. I've sold houses where people have passed ( not murdered) and find some care, some don't. One person was like, 'well, if it happened once, its likely not going to happen again'. Prices are on the rise in Florida again.

Thanks @mckazpm!

That's over $100k 'profit' since it was bought at auction in January. Was there any signs of work being carried out on the property in the past 8 months?

No, nothing of significance. It still looks awful from the outside and will need a lot of work just for that area alone. All of the fencing is trashed...the pool was let go and I believe the cage is damaged as well. There were many showings on the house...some even late in the evening...it seemed like maybe people just wanted to gawk. The sale of the house was a shocker...but then if it's someone possibly relocating from the east coast, they'd see that home as a steal! I'll try to post some pictures when I'm back there this weekend.

No, nothing of significance. It still looks awful from the outside and will need a lot of work just for that area alone. All of the fencing is trashed...the pool was let go and I believe the cage is damaged as well. There were many showings on the house...some even late in the evening...it seemed like maybe people just wanted to gawk. The sale of the house was a shocker...but then if it's someone possibly relocating from the east coast, they'd see that home as a steal! I'll try to post some pictures when I'm back there this weekend.
Hiya MACKY! Always great to hear from you.:) I did a little research and found these photos on Zillow on the current condition of the house on the "sales brochure" for the internet. The house looks so cold and lifeless (but, then again, it is now.) If you scroll down to the 3rd picture on the left....MOST BIZARRE.... it is the pantry door where Dufus and Dufus Junior hid and door has the portion cut out that had the palm print on it. Maybe banks don't change anything, and instead just remove all the personal items. Anyway, it was oddly shocking for me to see....comments??
https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/27034-Jarvis-Rd-Bonita-Springs-FL-34135/81883601_zpid/

Hiya MACKY! Always great to hear from you.:) I did a little research and found these photos on Zillow on the current condition of the house on the "sales brochure" for the internet. The house looks so cold and lifeless (but, then again, it is now.) If you scroll down to the 3rd picture on the left....MOST BIZARRE.... it is the pantry door where Dufus and Dufus Junior hid and door has the portion cut out that had the palm print on it. Maybe banks don't change anything, and instead just remove all the personal items. Anyway, it was oddly shocking for me to see....comments??
https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/27034-Jarvis-Rd-Bonita-Springs-FL-34135/81883601_zpid/
Hi IQ! Always good to read your insightful posts. What an incredible find. So hard to believe no one spruced the home up before selling the second time. Very puzzling.

Hi IQ! Always good to read your insightful posts. What an incredible find. So hard to believe no one spruced the home up before selling the second time. Very puzzling.
:):)DEBBIEG!!:):) woohoo! (Head slap....I'm a little slow.) So it sold once at auction, (by the lender's rep) and now these photos are from the investor, who is selling it to the public at a retail price? OK, I got it. (Or maybe not.)
Looking at the pictures gave me a sad feeling....like walking through the home of a dear friend who has moved away. Eeerrrgh...
I wish this case would finally come to trial. Something about all these delays is really disturbing. If everyone else can wait patiently, I will force myself to be patient, too.
A. L. E. R. T. S. :eek::eek::eek::eek:
Man accused of killing Teresa Sievers files motion for standalone trial
Attorney in Sievers case files motion asking for separate trials

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member