Found Deceased Malaysia - Nora Quoirin, 15, from UK, special needs, missing on vacation, Seremban, 4 Aug 2019 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have had a couple of cases of tourists missing in Malaysia. One ended up being discovered after several days, really near to where he was last seen. The other is more recent and I don't think he was found. Hang on, I'll go look them up...

EDIT Gareth Huntley was the first, in 2014. On Tioman Island. Found deceased after a couple of weeks just yards from his accom.

The other is a Finnish guy - Nikitin Valtteri - still missing, also on Tioman island.

Anyway, neither are mainland Malaysia and not at all connected to Nora's case.

Last edited:
I can't remember where I read it now (I'll try to find the article and edit this post to include it) but apparently that window is quite difficult to open and N wouldn't have been able to open it by herself. I remember wondering whether it's possible that N and one or both of her siblings had opened it together.

Edited to include article and quote:
"Speaking on behalf of the family, Matthew Searle of the Lucie Blackman Trust (LBT), told The Sun Online: “She would not have been able to open the window on her own and it was found propped open."
Cops release pics of window mysteriously propped open after Nora, 15, vanished
I missed that. I am now understanding why the parents were so keen for the police to investigate the disappearance as an abduction. However, I'm still finding it hard to believe.

I think we could say that Nora's parents are using Occam's Razor in their deductions as well. The simplest and most logical explanation for THEM involves Nora not making some strange, extraordinary and out of character behavior like sneaking out of a window and running off into a jungle.

That might seem more likely and plausible to the police. But in her parents world view it is a more likely scenario that based on their intimate knowledge of Nora and her behavior from infancy it's more likely that someone else did something to her for her to simply disappear. The world is arguing that the child they know must have done something incredibly out of character.

Let's not forget that Alesha Macphail was removed from a building at night that would be even more complicated to remove a child from. There were even more adults in that building and I think in closer proximity and no one heard a thing.

I certainly block out noises in my home at night all the time. If someone is walking down the hall (if I even hear them) I assume it's someone going to the bathroom and not an intruder. I don't think the most logical explanation is that of course anyone would hear and recognize an intruder at night barring they are the only ones in that home and so no noise should be expected from anyone but them. My husband gets out of bed next to me and might deal with something in the middle of the night that I completely sleep through. I think that might be less likely in a strange place but it's not remotely unheard of. I think it's pretty normal to sleep through noise if you are used to other people in your home when you have multiple family members.
Yes, my daughter is the same age but she does not have a disability. There is no way she would go off on her own on the first day in a foreign country.
She still asks me if she can go to the neighbors house to see her friend who lives right next door.

If I woke up to find the window open and her gone, I'm pretty sure that I would worry that she was kidnapped too. Especially in a place we were unfamiliar with.

In my experience with kids with similar disabilities, most are extremely predictable and tend to be habitual, especially concerning routines. It's a comfort to them. If there was any indication that she had sudden changes of behavior that would have been mentioned since it would be significant. Not that it's not impossible, just highly unlikely. Imo

She is only 15 and with learning disabilities re your pedophile comment
Yes, but that is still not considered prepubescent.
Girls begin to develop long before the age of 15. In fact some are fully developed by age 12.
Pedophilia is a sexual attraction to children who have not yet developed, regardless of any type of disability.
Girls 10-13 are pre-adolescents.
Those younger are pre-pubescent. Imo

Last edited:
IMO it feels like the mother is doing everything the McCann's didnt as she saw the whole ugly ordeal play out (as we all did) and not favour Gerry or Kate till this day.
I would take the same road tbh and no matter what I fealt I would praise authorities etc and tread v.v carefully as surely that's best for the missing child! No one wants another dirt slinging, book publishing death match when a child is still missing.
The dad has not said much but looks haunted and clearly leans to his wife to say all the right things to get there daughter found IMO. (I could be very wrong with that) but he appears the polar opposite to Gerry.

I have done nothing but hope this child returns ......day 9 makes me twitchy and SURELY there r footprints somewhere?
Was nora wearing shoes or not?
So so many questions unanswered ....

I agree with the poster above who suggested N might have had a bed made up downstairs. I wonder if she fell asleep on it during the evening. They must have been exhausted all of them.

One thing has occurred to me. N is 15 and despite having developmental delays (?) would still go through puberty at similar age to her peer group (I looked it up). When I looked it up it did say if your daughter is experiencing menstrual pain they might not be able to communicate that to you and might act strangely if in pain. There was also mention about mood swings like all teenage girls.

IMO it feels like the mother is doing everything the McCann's didnt as she saw the whole ugly ordeal play out (as we all did) and not favour Gerry or Kate till this day.
I would take the same road tbh and no matter what I fealt I would praise authorities etc and tread v.v carefully as surely that's best for the missing child! No one wants another dirt slinging, book publishing death match when a child is still missing.
The dad has not said much but looks haunted and clearly leans to his wife to say all the right things to get there daughter found IMO. (I could be very wrong with that) but he appears the polar opposite to Gerry.

I have done nothing but hope this child returns ......day 9 makes me twitchy and SURELY there r footprints somewhere?
Was nora wearing shoes or not?
So so many questions unanswered ....
I doubt she was wearing shoes if she was only in her underwear.
They believe they may have found her footprints although I'm not sure that was confirmed or how they would know they were hers.
Apparently her scent was picked up within 4000 feet of the resort but no further. Imo

I doubt she was wearing shoes if she was only in her underwear.
They believe they may have found her footprints although I'm not sure that was confirmed or how they would know they were hers.
Apparently her scent was picked up within 4000 feet of the resort but no further. Imo

They never actually confirm anything though do they?
Is it definitive that she was in her underwear?

If this girl really did exit the accomodation on her own accord and went outside on her own she would not have got very far without shelter, water or food in this hot and humid equatorial country. Forest terrain is trecherous and extremely difficult for someone that apparantly has walking problems.

This is a non starter. She would have been found closeby dead or alive by now.

Leading explanation has to be sexual abduction. She was either lured or forced out of the accomodation window, kidnapped and probably bundled into a mode of transport and driven well away from the area.

The police now need to focus on those window fingerprints and establish whether any other recent footprints have been left behind near the window. Without CCTV footage, the case will naturally be harder to crack unfortunately.

The Dutch tourist did not mention any splashing. She mentioned a rustling sound that did not fit the environment. The sound occurred after the family had gone to bed i.e. after 10pm and when it was pitch dark.

Happy to be corrected. However my issue is that the details are incorrect plus the actual new information provided isn’t anything substantial

I’d like to know what makes that window so difficult to open, and I’d also like to know why they seem so concerned about “unknown” fingerprints in a vacation cottage that’s used by probably at least dozens of people every year.

If this girl really did exit the accomodation on her own accord and went outside on her own she would not have got very far without shelter, water or food in this hot and humid equatorial country. Forest terrain is trecherous and extremely difficult for someone that apparantly has walking problems.

This is a non starter. She would have been found closeby dead or alive by now.

Leading explanation has to be sexual abduction. She was either lured or forced out of the accomodation window, kidnapped and probably bundled into a mode of transport and driven well away from the area.

The police now need to focus on those window fingerprints and establish whether any other recent footprints have been left behind near the window. Without CCTV footage, the case will naturally be harder to crack unfortunately.

My gut instinct tells me n came downstairs when it was light enough to go to the loo or get a drink of water. She sees a cat/dog outside that she had made friends with earlier in the day. Opens the window to pet it. Follows it. I don't think she has gone very far at all they need to concentrate searching within close proximity to where she was staying. My gut tells me she is so close to the chalet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle