SC - Cristina Pangalangan, 13, special needs, died in hot car, Colleton County, Aug 2019 *Arrests*

katydid23

Reaction score
Report: Two charged with murder after deliberately leaving disabled 13-year-old in car for several hours

COLLETON COUNTY, S.C. (WCSC) - Two people have been charged with murder after authorities say they deliberately left a disabled 13-year-old girl in a car for several hours leading to the child’s death in Colleton County.

Rita Pangalangan, the mother of the child, and Larry King were denied bond during a court hearing on Tuesday.

Both were charged with murder with malice and aforethought. Pangalangan is a teacher in the Colleton County School District and has been placed on paid leave effective immediately, according to district spokesman Sean Gruber.

Report: Two charged with murder after deliberately leaving disabled 13-year-old in car for several hours

Last edited:
"All of us in the Colleton County School District are deeply saddened by the death of Cristina Pangalangan, an eighth-grade student at Colleton County Middle School. Cristina truly enjoyed spending time with her classmates and loved to get attention. She had a smile for all of the adults at school that worked with her, and her teachers described her as a very motivated student. She will be dearly missed by all who knew her."

This is so heartbreaking :(

Their relationship is -- complicated:

Colleton girl's accused killers had multiple brushes with police amid rocky relationship

(BTW: Walterboro is the last Wal-Mart before Edisto Island. Good to know for trip planning!)

JMHO YMMV

Sounds like Rita was very obsessed with the boyfriend, makes me wonder if she was punishing Cristina by leaving her in the car all afternoon or so obsessed with her boyfriend that she knew leaving Cristina out there would kill her and then she could say it was an accident and be free to pursue her relationship without her special needs child.

She is such a trashy woman. Always swearing and threatening violence towards others on her FB wall. I'm honestly shocked she was a teacher. I see her back in April threatening to burn someone's bed if he doesn't come get it but also saying he can't have his clothing till he pays rent. She was constantly sharing memes of threatening to hurt or kill someone like it's all just a joke. And then she just sat on her porch and watched her disabled daughter die. I hope she gets the death penalty.

She's batshit crazy or beyond super lazy to do something like that. Since she was just going in to Walmart she was clearly not going to leave them for hours or leaving them while she went in to work to die. But ...well since she's a suspect I guess we can discuss what she said on FB? Because on FB she described what her mother did as "something that could happen to anyone". Except no one sees their kid left in a car for hours and decides to go spend over an hour looking for spare keys. They must both be using a lot of drugs.....

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back