Canada - Lucas Fowler, Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
These were two friends who committed crimes that required no additional people.

What is the basis for believing that there is a third party involved?

Only two men were seen in the video that has been released.

Each encounter involved people allegedly spotting just two people.

Two bodies were found.

A third person wasn’t necessary, and everything we have seen seems to exclude that as being a possibility.

Why is it so hard for anyone to accept that?

Bryer exhibited strange and scary behavior for a long time. Did any of his classmates ever speak to adults about his behavior? Maybe this is what was missed. Persistently speaking about wanting to commit suicide and murder should set off some alarms. Were they scared or too polite?

In that case they'll be innocent forever, because this case isn't going to court.

Which, actually, is a reason to commit suicide rather than go to trial. cf. Epstein (and many others).

Kam and Bryer were suicidal and jointly suicidal, before they ever set out. That deeper story is the one I'd like to hear, and I'm willing to wait some time to hear it.

If so, one of the most incredibly rare kinds of "suicide" and had to be so carefully orchestrated as to boggle the mind.
Out of context. My response was linked to a comment regarding LE's use of the words "apparent suicides" which is inconclusive. Therefore, suggesting just one example of another scenario.

Most people who suicide are depressed, but it's also highly correlated with anxiety disorders and thought disorders like schizophrenia (which is a very painful mental illness). So the question "why suicide?" is answered within the mental health literature (and the first major study still holds: Durkheim's famous book entitled Suicide). You can spend your whole life studying it.

To me, the rise in suicide among young people is concerning.

Extensive suicide is my own specific interest (as well as variations in subcultures as to rates and types of homicides and sex crimes).

Double suicides like this are rare. Extensive suicides are becoming increasingly common (as a percentage of homicides) but are still rare.

I an no expert, but isn't ADHD also associated with anxiety and depression, and taking prescribed ADHD meds in combination with antidepressants doesn't always go according to plan, especially if the patient actually has bipolar disorder?

Further to my statement about school assessments for children, the only way to get one seemed to be acts of violence in the classroom, not the playground. So when a child picked up a chair and hit another child on the head with it, that child was sent for a psychoeducational assessment. Ironically, the parent of the child had been asking for an assessment for two years. The other children in the class were afraid. I am not that parent, but I saw it play out.

Non-violent children did not get help, and they struggled.
It’s really unfortunate that the situation you described lets kids so clearly fall through the cracks. :(. Here, we employ full time at least two each of psychometrists, psychologists, CYWs, Indigenous support workers and social workers at the school board level so there are no barriers to schools and students accessing the services. I’m sure it’s not always a perfect system, but it sounds better than what kids in your area can expect.

why? What put all of this in motion?
The reply question would be: Why Not? Because they planned as much of their trip as possible with the motive of killing something and escape undetected to see how much they could get away with? (I'm not being sarcastic in your question I agree with you too, perhaps its the rest of us who make or theorize a more complex reason, but maybe it was just very very simple in their minds.. and the answer is simple, thus the "Why not?")

I've been thinking this as well. Dr. Dyck spent a great deal of time camping, for recreation with his family, and for his field research as a botanist. Running into a bear or two seems very possible.
I think it's very possible that one of the guns recovered came from Leonard Dyck.
This is bear mating season. He was alone. Limited phone service. Every reason for him to have a firearm in his possession. MOO

Last edited:
Which, actually, is a reason to commit suicide rather than go to trial. cf. Epstein (and many others).

Kam and Bryer were suicidal and jointly suicidal, before they ever set out. That deeper story is the one I'd like to hear, and I'm willing to wait some time to hear it.
I don't think we know enough publicly about KM to ascertain if he may have been suicidal or not but I think BS could have been the more suicidal 1 as his life seemed more troubled and dysfunctional than KM's perhaps. MOO

Don’t give up hope just yet? Hope that the “real” murderers are still running free, placing other innocent people’s lives at risk? Surely that’s not what you’re saying?

That was sarcasm, dear. I know many of you believe there was someone else involved and have all kinds of theories about these killings.

Case in point: people are now surprised that 2 guns were found next to 2 dead men wanted for murdering 3 people.

Some sleuthers thought they had ditched their gun(s), others considered that the killers were using bb guns or airguns to commit murders.

From the beginning, it was written in the sky that these 2 would not surrender alive.
The reason there has not been a shootout is because they were not discovered before.
I guess they reached a point where they could not go on anymore and mutually agreed to put an end to it.

Easier to buy 2” metal/steel pipe and make your own banger shotgun. As for buying gun parts, as long as your a legal PAL holder you could buy parts. Expensive and overly technical way to obtain a gun though.

Or 3D print one?

If so, one of the most incredibly rare kinds of "suicide" and had to be so carefully orchestrated as to boggle the mind.
Would be much like the RCMP firing squad on the back of the old $50 buck bill:
50-Canadian-Dollar-Bill-1975-Back.jpg

Yes that roadside check and those 2 manning it say they searched the vehicle. Those 2 would have been the last 2 guys that KM and BS would have been in contact with before burning the Rav4. How were 2 guns in the vehicle missed in the search? I guess if the guns were pistols they could have been hidden on their person. Hmmm
I honestly think the security officers didn't want to find any guns. If you had less defensive equipment than a crossing guard on you, would you want to get in a debate with a stranger that had guns?

The aboriginal communities are going to have to have more security funding than two guys wearing safety vests if they are really going to keep drugs and guns out.

If they were listening to the radio all they would hear was that their burnt truck/camper was found and a deceased unidentified male body was found 2km from the burning truck. BS/KM would have heard they were considered missing.
They would never have heard they were wanted for second degree murder, and they never would have heard they were suspects in the Chynna & Lucas' murders.
The murder charge and naming them suspects did not come until July 23rd, and it appears BS/KM were in the bush by them, likely with no access to news reports.
I’m sure if they were still alive in the bush, which the autopsy revealed that they most likely lived a few days after burning the Rav4, they probably knew they were wanted. I’m sure they heard the helicopter and planes flying overhead.

Bryer exhibited strange and scary behavior for a long time. Did any of his classmates ever speak to adults about his behavior? Maybe this is what was missed. Persistently speaking about wanting to commit suicide and murder should set off some alarms. Were they scared or too polite?

Children can be too afraid and not understand what to do. Adults should report such things when they see them. Children are sometimes told by teachers not to tattle. Children are not to blame.

Another what if ...
They were both working at Walmart together. Both on night shift. What if something at work ticked them off. Maybe they were bullied or someone said something upsetting to them or they were being fired for poor performance. So, they said heck with that, we are out of here and maybe that was the last trigger?

Or is it they felt trapped at the night shift? Just working a night shift can take a toll on you mentally too. Maybe they just saw everyone was better off than them. And they were angry/jealous about that.
IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members