Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #43

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks SA. You’re the details person. I just skimmed through for the big (and seemingly incomplete) picture.

I just went back and re-read the case law. This is the sentence that makes me think that the 3 young men - all in their early 20s - were chosen as vulnerable victims due to their cognitive (attention span/memory/reasoning) impairments, and not due to a childlike mentality.
I don't think they could have been very childlike - with one of them being an SES member for 6 years, and another one of them considering joining the SES. I think they likely just presented as being 'slow'.

"Dr Fox agreed in cross-examination that a young adult with the psychological functioning of a 7 to 9 year old child would not necessarily present as a child because as the person ages chronologically adaptive social skills are learnt or acquired."

Last edited:
I doubt it, I don't think they would need to prove his history as he has already been convicted.
In the paperwork, they don't name the victims' names, so isn't it possible they might want a closed court if those people were to testify?

Please do, but if there is a time that you can't - let me know and I'll see if I can. It's not easy copying the tweets every day for a month. :eek:
I thought you might need a break after doing it for us in March and last week ! My power is off tomorrow so I’m in a friends house alone for the day so have plenty of time to kill !!

I just went back and re-read the case law. This is the sentence that makes me think that the 3 young men - all in their early 20s - were chosen as vulnerable victims due to their cognitive (attention span/memory/reasoning) impairments, and not due to a childlike mentality.
I don't think they could have been very childlike - with one of the being an SES member for 6 years, and another one of them considering joining the SES. I think they likely just presented as being 'slow'.

"Dr Fox agreed in cross-examination that a young adult with the psychological functioning of a 7 to 9 year old child would not necessarily present as a child because as the person ages chronologically adaptive social skills are learnt or acquired."
Thanks SA.

I don't think this person is connected. In the article it Say's Rob had 2 son's Scott and Tim...no Robert mentioned as a son....Just a coincidence I think they share the same surname IMO
don't know.. the Robert is talking about his sons who are involved, but perhaps the one son wasn't involved with that, but some other

Please do, but if there is a time that you can't - let me know and I'll see if I can. It's not easy copying the tweets every day for a month. :eek:
I thought you might need a break after doing it for us in March and last week ! My power is off tomorrow so I’m in a friends house alone for the day so have plenty of time to kill !!

All the tweet-work is SO appreciated by me. Some of us cannot follow along at the time, and later the actual tweets get buried under many other tweets, so having them posted here is wonderful!

Many, many thanks. :) :) :)

New lead as second William Tyrrell search finishes
Is the pool or Showgrounds near the 2 nd search area conducted last year

Just reread your question, no it is not as close to the second search area last year if you mean Cedar Loggins lane / Barar creek Rd and would have been closer to the start of the search area last year. It is close to the FGM house though with some bush access in the direction behind FGM house to another street

I don't think this Rob is the man, though. Wrong age. It seems he joined NSWFB in 1975, but sex offender Robert's older brother Tim is 45.
Yes, in the article it says (if the reporter got it right!) that Tim is the youngest.. so wouldn't be Robert's immediate family. I guess the Donohoe clan like the same names!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
renenoelle