Found Deceased Malaysia - Nora Quoirin, 15, from UK, special needs, missing on vacation, Seremban, 4 Aug 2019 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
These two articles are from 2018 and regarding Seremban, sounds like a bit of a grizzly area known for gangs. Not saying it's relevant to this case directly, but just some info:

https://www.nst.com.my/news/crime-c...nection-discovery-skeletal-remains-5-seremban

https://www.nst.com.my/news/crime-c...her-unmarked-grave-murder-investigation-nsttv - this one was near a palm oil plantation

Do you think, and this is just my own opinion (MOO) that with gangs around there it gets a bit like the Italian Mafia and Pizzo type money is demanded from local business owners and if you don't pay then they try to sabotage your business? In Italy they burn the business down as a first warning. JMO

Jackie Fox‏ @jackiefox_

Police in Malaysia said that the body found earlier today has been flown by helicopter to hospital to wait identification by the Quiorin family in a mortuary.

EB2Jla7W4AAeHN8.jpg

Jackie Fox on Twitter

Okay now THIS one is close to the area we are talking about. In fact if you put that first area listed in the article into google maps, it takes you to the Dunsun.

THIS must be the palm oil plantation the body was found near. Although I'm still confused, it makes sense as it is right there near the waterfall as well. Very disturbing though if it's previously been a dumping ground for murder victims.

Well spotted.

Not what I wanted to wake up to but this was the news we all expected. :( However for the family, there can at least be closure and an autopsy can shed some light on what happened.

I had secretly hoped that there was some mercenary group that kidnapped her and was holding her for ransom behind the scenes because then she’d be alive but like most of you knew this was probably how it would end.

So so sorry for the family. How utterly heartbreaking.

I've been following but not commented until now.
I find the circumstances all rather suspicious.

Up until now, they have been searching a 4km square area aorund the resort. This would have at least reached the edge of the waterfall area, if not included it.

A reward is released AND one of the volunteer searchers suddenly finds out/states she had been excited about the waterfall when she arrived. So that excitement being noted 10 days ago but no-one acted on it until today?

"Hours before the body was found volunteer searcher Shirley Yap told how she was going to look around a waterfall.

She said: "We had heard she was excited about seeing a waterfall when she arrived in the resort.

"We are going to look around that area and follow the stream down the mountain."

It is believed the waterfall is an hour and 20 minute walk away from the Dusun Rainforest Resort"

And really, it would take some tenacity/determination for any teen to head out on an early morning hour and 20 minute walk on an unmarked path, barefoot, without her family.

JMO, but I think the parent's belief about her being taken are going to sadly be shown as the truth.

Sumisha Naidu‏Verified account @sumishanaidu

JUST IN: Negeri Sembilan police says
• authorities alerted of body at 1.57pm
• she was found “unclothed”, around 2km from the resort in a hilly area with a ravine
• body had to be “winched” out
• Nora Quoirin’s parents are on the way to the mortuary to identify the body

Sumisha Naidu on Twitter

I agree, but would she actually be able to (cognitively, with her disabilities) be able to navigate which direction it was even in? If so, maybe she wanted to be a "big girl" and do it all on her own :(.
It’s a fair point, and I suppose none of us knows. I can imagine her being carried by the river and then kind of washing up on the edge, but that depends on the depth of the water - I don’t know if it’s a feasible chain of events or not.

Jack Quann‏Verified account @jqbilbao

Malaysian Police say the body was found at 1.57pm (local time) about two kilometres away from the resort where Nóra Quoirin was staying. Police say the body, which has been winched by helicopter to hospital, "resembles Nóra". The area is described as "quite hilly"

Jack Quann on Twitter

Strange that the Waterfall wasn’t a place that would have been searched on the first day Nora went missing considering the family said Nora was excited about seeing a Waterfall.

Sumisha Naidu‏Verified account @sumishanaidu

JUST IN: Negeri Sembilan police says
• authorities alerted of body at 1.57pm
• she was found “unclothed”, around 2km from the resort in a hilly area with a ravine
• body had to be “winched” out
• Nora Quoirin’s parents are on the way to the mortuary to identify the body

Sumisha Naidu on Twitter
That makes me think that she had been in the water, then. Loose night clothing would come off, I suppose. But obviously we don’t know how close to the water she was found.

Astonishing - the world press are there and no translator for the questions he answered in Malay - and seemed quite put out that he was asked to speak in English
He also said the body was not in water - then after one of his side kicks spoke to him, he mentioned a small stream
And he also did not know the name of the waterfall ?

Malaysian police just said at a press conference that they are very certain the body found is that of Nora Quoirin, but it still needs to be formally identified and have a post mortem done to determine cause of death and date of death. Body was at a stream, but not in the water

Malaysian police just said at a press conference that they are very certain the body found is that of Nora Quoirin, but it still needs to be formally identified and have a post mortem done to determine cause of death and date of death. Body was at a stream, but not in the water

"At a stream but not in the water." Interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member