Canada - Lucas Fowler, Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the mother being afraid:

"But the relationship was rocky. 'I recall [Bryer's mother] saying a couple of times that she was afraid of him because of his outbursts,' the former co-worker said. The boy eventually ran away from home and moved in with his grandmother."

source: If you ‘inadvertently’ helped two suspected killers escape, please come forward, RCMP urge

Thanks for the link! If true, it appears he ran away to his father on the mainland but that didn’t last very long, then moved in with his grandmother.

I think she gave this statement when B was only reported missing. I think that’s be the appropriate thing for her to say to the media at that point in time and it may have been at the suggestion of the RCMP even if they suspected there was more to their disappearance early on. “Didn’t report” doesn’t necessarily mean there were no issues, just that she didn’t disclose any.

Yeah but she said "he was a great kid and I enjoyed living with him," so that's more than just not disclosing issues. His great-uncle (grandma's brother, who saw Bryer frequently) confirmed this account of what they thought of him to the media long after they were suspects and found dead. And he seemed genuinely shocked and baffled that this happened. The videos are on the CBC Youtube channel I think.

I think she gave this statement when B was only reported missing. I think that’s be the appropriate thing for her to say to the media at that point in time and it may have been at the suggestion of the RCMP even if they suspected there was more to their disappearance early on. “Didn’t report” doesn’t necessarily mean there were no issues, just that she didn’t disclose any.
That's very true! As far as I know she has not spoken publicly since they were named suspects. It would not surprise me, though, if he were well-behaved for her and she was unaware of some of his more disturbing behavior.

The anonymous user, you mean? Or did someone just find photos of him from social media accounts and Say that account sent it to them?
It's all speculation. There has been nothing to confirm any of that.

Right, and I have said all along that I believe there is someone out there who has been attempting to make these two(specifically Bryer) seem worse than they are. The day an account was last active says nothing. I expect there are many accounts out there who have the same 'last active' date. That same date would show if you were to set your profile to 'offline' as well. So someone could have simply set their accounts to offline, and changed their profile information.
I believe there are two of the same friends from SM.

Everything doesn't point to that though. It is just speculation.

Imo, I think it would be quite the coincidence if that account belonged to someone other than Bryer.. Because of the friend and comment from another player named "Kam", which is quite a unique name if you ask me, on July 4.. before anyone would have known about these guys. And to set the account to offline on the exact day they went on their trip, also before anyone knew about them and the crimes hadn't even been committed yet. Unless you can manually set when you were last active to any amount of days ago.. The account also seems to have been fairly active, quite a few "achievements" and such. If the account belonged to someone else that's committed to fooling everyone into thinking it was Bryer's, they can never use their fairly accomplished account that they've put a lot of time into any longer. Seems a little far-fetched that it would belong to anyone else, but thats my opinion.

Last edited:
that account that is claimed to be Bryer's had just over 500 hours played of Rust over the course of 4 years.

I almost feel like I’ve been on WS for 500 hours, even though I just joined last month lol. I don’t know - does WS actually keep tally of how many hours I’ve logged here??

I’m guessing there’s probably members here who have logged 500 WS hours IF they've been a member for four years. Time flies when you’re having fun, or pursuing an interest.

At the moment we don't know where the guns came from. I am sure the RCMP will be able to trace them.

We know absolutely nothing about KM's family, and I think it's wrong to speculate so furiously that they were the source. People have to leave that alone. It is just adding to their pain to have these rumours out there.

I think that theory is appealing because if it were true, then KM's family would be able to be punished, and there would be some vengeance for the victims. People don't have the same faith that a black market dealer would be caught and punished.

There is no assurance that the family could be sued, even if the firearms came from them. The safe storage laws are based on a reasonable effort to keep firearms secure but not the belief that one can keep them so secure that nothing could ever happen.

<snipped>
I believe there are two of the same friends from SM.

The account is friends with quite a few more than two people that he knew in real life. The screenshots on the Bryer account also shows him playing with Kam and other real life friends for years. The most recent I can see is from the 20th March and actually shows the names Bryer and Kam.

Here as in Canada? I disagree and stand by my post, you could get a gun in 24 hours if you wanted one, easily. Without knowing shady people or gangs lol

I seriously live a sheltered life I guess... I am in Saskatchewan... I have no idea where to start to try and buy a gun illegally lol

On another note, I just asked my boys (18 and 19) about the game Rust... they have both played it, so asked them to explain it to me. They both said it was about survival, you earn things and then can use them to survive, you can work with others or work against others... my oldest said he doesn't care for the game so doesn't play it much, my youngest said he hasn't played it a whole lot, but you can actually use a lot of it in real life (to which I laughed at... lol), oldest agreed but still doesn't care for the game! My 18 yr old is more outdoorsy than the 19 yr old though, so it makes sense to me that he wouldn't care for the game as much. Thought it was interesting to get the perspective from 2 that have played and are the same age. Informed my youngest that the game would never prepare him for real life survival, the bugs, the weather, etc., we knew why I was asking though since he read about Kam and Bryer playing Rust and knows I have been following the case (didn't ask him where he read that though... hmm, will ask when he ventures out of his room to grace me with his presence lol)

I seriously live a sheltered life I guess... I am in Saskatchewan... I have no idea where to start to try and buy a gun illegally lol

Porbably better to stay a bit sheltered :)

Just to clarify, my post wasn't just about buying. Could be beg, borrow, steal, or buy type of thing. Guns are everywhere if you are looking.

what happens to a firearm in Canada if say grandfather had one and had the proper paper work in place to have it but grandfather dies? do the police come and get the firearm? what if grandmother wants to keep it but has no intent to ever use it or buy ammo for it? I am just trying to understand where firearms from a estate go.

That depends. The police would hold the firearm until someone in the family were to get a PAL. I also know of situations where a family member has made proper arrangements to render a firearm non functional.

My father has a substantial firearms collection and he has dementia so in order to be proactive, we notified the Chief Firearms Officer of the situation and have moved his safe to a licensed family member. Legally, we've satisfied all the requirements, they know where they are, who's responsible for them, why he's responsible for them and what plans are in place when we can legally settle estate affairs.

Nobody has been unreasonable nor has there been any threats of seizures.

Searching for answers: Sense of unease lingers in B.C.’s isolated north as police hunt suspects in remote killings

Not much about Kam out there- but I found this a bit telling. He also was in the same alternative school as Byer, so there had to be a reason for that.

Co-worker M.J. Pelletier recalled Mr. McLeod was nice enough, but said he seemed uncomfortable in close contact with people other than Mr. Schmegelsky at work.

“Usually, people are shy, but the whole not-standing-next-to-you or getting-close-to-you? That’s the odd part,” she said.

We can see the license plate of the van. It’s not possible to read the year of the date sticker but the month one does say Sept. The year stickers are frequently colour coded (I think so it’s easier to tell year by a passing glance). The year sticker on the van is red, which corresponds to 2019. I doubt it is from 2015 or the earlier years that a red sticker was used. At this point I 100% believe the van was insured, just not by or in Lucas Fowler’s name since the police were not able to track him easily. The ranch owner lived in Alberta years ago, he also still has a ranch near Ryecroft Alberta. He knew that Lucas was making a two week trip and then returning, I can see him insuring it and allowing Lucas to drive it. He trusted him to work with his cattle, so there’s a good chance he trusted him to be a responsible driver too.

37C46CFC-F603-4948-814E-4B15C342FACC.jpeg
6D62C35C-417B-4D9A-BF11-AFB3EE745781.jpeg
B72615D2-A5EC-46AD-AE1B-39ECE81F3CED.jpeg

ps - I’m going to try and ignore further “van plates” discussion because who owned it really has been discussed and answered in the forum, more than a few times from what I understand. Wish me luck lol!

Last edited:
Hometown of Canadian Teenage Murder Suspects Grapples With Unwanted Infamy
new story posted today...Port Alberni doesn't want the town to be famous because of the two boys...photos of both homes in story and the Walmart they worked at.

"These days, many young people aspire to work at Port Alberni’s giant Walmart..." Jesus Christ that's depressing.

Also "At SteamPunk Café, a popular spot in downtown Port Alberni next to a park where local drug addicts shoot up...." Like damn, what does this writer have against Port Alberni to be throwing this much shade?

Also think it's creepy af that they took pictures of the families' homes. Leave them alone.

Less social anxiety with night shift, but still a hard shift to get used to. I'm surprised they even got the same shift scheduled (I think that's what I read on here). Sleep in the day, when did they have time to game?
Not surprised they had the same schedule. Nights is a hard shift to fill. Probably always looking for night crew.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88