Found Deceased Malaysia - Nora Quoirin, 15, from UK, special needs, missing on vacation, Seremban, 4 Aug 2019 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ellmau

Reaction score
Girl, 15, vanishes on Malaysian holiday

Nora Quoirin, who has learning difficulties, arrived there with her family on Saturday for a two week "trip of a lifetime".

They were staying in the town of Seremban, on the edge of rainforest near Kuala Lumpur.

When her parents awoke on Sunday morning they found her missing and the window of her hotel room open.

The friend of the family, who works for the BBC in Northern Ireland, estimated that by noon UK time she had already been missing for 12 hours.

Malaysian Police are said to be looking for Nora with sniffer dogs.

ACTIVE SEARCH - Malaysia - Nora Quoirin, 15, from UK, special needs, missing on vacation, Seremban, 4 Aug 2019 #1

Thread #2 - Found Deceased - Malaysia - Nora Quoirin, 15, from UK, special needs, missing on vacation, Seremban, 4 Aug 2019 #2

Last edited by a moderator:
MOD NOTE:

WHILE TRIPADVISOR MAY BE HELPFUL TO YOU AS BACKGROUND INFO, POSTING COMMENTS AND PICTURES FROM TRIPADVISOR REVIEWS IS NOT PERMITTED AS WE HAVE NO WAY TO VERIFY THEIR AUTHENTICITY.

INSTEAD, YOU MAY SAY: “INTERESTING REVIEW/PICTURES BY CGF ON TRIPADVISOR”, BUT YOU MAY NOT LINK OR DISCUSS ANY OF THE CONTENT ON THE FORUM UNLESS IT IS IN MSM. TRIPADVISOR IS NOT CONSIDERED MSM. MANY POSTS CONTAINING LINKS AND INFO FROM TRIPADVISOR REVIEWS HAVE BEEN/WILL BE REMOVED.

THANK YOU FOR POSTING RESPECTFULLY AND RESPONSIBLY.

CocoChanel

13 August 2019:

Cops: Family confirmed body found is missing Irish teen Nora Quoirin (VIDEO)

SEREMBAN, Aug 13 — The family of missing Irish teenager Nora Anne Quoirin has confirmed today that the body of a female found earlier today in the jungle area near The Dusun resort was of their daughter.

Negri Sembilan police chief Datuk Mohamad Mat Yusof announced this after her parents Sebastian and Meabh went in to identify the body at Tuanku Jaafar Hospital here at 7pm.

“A post mortem will be done tomorrow morning. A senior pathologist from Kuala Lumpur will come to conduct the autopsy at 10am.

“We will inform the post mortem result tomorrow. Based on that we will decide if we need to investigate further... if we are not satisfied,” he added.

Cops: Family confirmed body found is missing Irish teen Nora Quoirin (VIDEO) | Malay Mail

This ‘individual’ holds the answers I believe.

MSM article:

A group of volunteers who were part of the search and rescue team found the body after being tipped off by a member of the public, Malaysia’s deputy national police chief Mazlan Mansor said.

As news emerged of the find, police vehicles raced to the area and cordoned it off as journalists descended on the scene.

The body was found in the official search zone where Mazlan said the team had previously covered.

Body believed to be Franco-Irish teen found in Malaysia jungle | The Japan Times

The body was found in a stream inside a ravine... she had no clothes on,” he added.

He also confirmed that the rescuers had used a police helicopter to winch the body and the deceased will be brought to the Seremban hospital for a post mortem.

“The family will also go to the hospital now for official confirmation on the body,” he said.

Meanwhile, Mazlan further explained that the location where the body was found was merely 2.5km from The Dusun resort.

“I went to the fringes around the area... where she was found. The stream was about 1.2km deep in the ravine,” he said.

He also confirmed the search and rescue team have covered the area in their operations before this.

He however said it was too soon to ascertain how many days the body was at the location where it was found.
Cops say ‘very certain’ body found unclothed in jungle is missing Irish teen (VIDEO) | Malay Mail
So her body was in a ravine in water. Perhaps they just missed her during the early days of the searches. Perhaps she was submerged down in the ravine and that's why missed prior.
If her body was wedged there and come from a different location then I could understand not having clothes on.
Does anyone know the temperature of the water ?

So her body was in a ravine in water. Perhaps they just missed her during the early days of the searches. Perhaps she was submerged down in the ravine and that's why missed prior.
If her body was wedged there and come from a different location then I could understand not having clothes on.
it is normally cooler than the air temperature. So probably around 25 to 28 degrees celcius?

As waterfalls are relatively secluded and noisy compared to typical background jungle sound, I find that it would be an ideal choice of location for an abductor to assault Nora and murder her on site without being heard. One mile is also sufficiently far away from the resort distance wise to ensure no one else would be alerted.

I don't know if she was taken from the accomodation or snatched outside but I am sure she was led or carried down the trails to the falls under the cover of darkness or around dawn:- before anyone else was out and about and to give the person enough time to exit the area and flee without being seen.

I am convinced this is pure opportunistic sexual abduction. The image I have of the perpetrator would be Melay, young and local to the area.

I would be very surprised if this young girl headed down the trails in darkness or poor light by herself, only to got lost after managing to arrive without local knowledge of the directions.

The parents were right before and they're right now.

With no sign of anyone getting in the house? No mud in the house no footprints? I'm still sceptical of that. At least until more solid details are released about her death/ how she was found.

As waterfalls are relatively secluded and noisy compared to typical background jungle sound, I find that it would be an ideal choice of location for an abductor to assault Nora and murder her on site without being heard. One mile is also sufficiently far away from the resort distance wise to ensure no one else would be alerted.

I don't know if she was taken from the accomodation or snatched outside but I am sure she was led or carried down the trails to the falls under the cover of darkness or around dawn:- before anyone else was out and about and to give the person enough time to exit the area and flee without being seen.

I am convinced this is pure opportunistic sexual abduction. The image I have of the perpetrator would be Melay, young and local to the area.

I would be very surprised if this young girl headed down the trails in darkness or poor light by herself, only to got lost after managing to arrive without local knowledge of the directions.

The parents were right before and they're right now.

Unfortunately, I think you’re right, this is all my exact thoughts too.

The Malaysian peninsula is well within the stable tropical zone. Lying only 5 degrees north of the equator.

Day temps tend to range between 28-33C all year round falling to the mid 20's overnight.

My guess given the stable climate is that the water temperature is probably around 27 or 28C.

I read something in one of the posts about someone overhearing SQ saying or shouting that a crime had been committed. Is there an official quote and when did he apparently say this?

MSM article:

A group of volunteers who were part of the search and rescue team found the body after being tipped off by a member of the public, Malaysia’s deputy national police chief Mazlan Mansor said.

As news emerged of the find, police vehicles raced to the area and cordoned it off as journalists descended on the scene.

The body was found in the official search zone where Mazlan said the team had previously covered.

Body believed to be Franco-Irish teen found in Malaysia jungle | The Japan Times

This is creating confusion, they search there because they were tipped off, not because they heard that she was excited about the waterfall and wanted to look there.

Last edited:
I read something in one of the posts about someone overhearing SQ saying or shouting that a crime had been committed. Is there an official quote and when did he apparently say this?
My understanding is that he said that after being told by the manager of the resort that he has to go to the police station to report his daughter missing. They will not come here you will have to go there. JMO

Privacy settings

Does the culture there value white women, I know some Asian cultures see them as a "prize".
Hmmmm. I believe she could be considered exotic but certainly no higher value is placed on her as any other woman simply because she is white, per se. Some people may be curious but I don’t think a perpetrator of anything sinister would choose her simply because of her colour.

With no sign of anyone getting in the house? No mud in the house no footprints? I'm still sceptical of that. At least until more solid details are released about her death/ how she was found.

Far fetched, but could she have been confused and left the room by herself looking for her parents...meanwhile someone was passing and stumbled upon a young vulnerable girl in her underwear. Maybe after talking to her realising her disabilities and saw her as an easy target. Seems one in a billion chance that someone so sinister would pass at that precise time though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288