Found Deceased Malaysia - Nora Quoirin, 15, from UK, special needs, missing on vacation, Seremban, 4 Aug 2019 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Far fetched, but could she have been confused and left the room by herself looking for her parents...meanwhile someone was passing and stumbled upon a young vulnerable girl in her underwear. Maybe after talking to her realising her disabilities and saw her as an easy target. Seems one in a billion chance that someone so sinister would pass at that precise time though.
That is a possibility although be too accidentally opportunistic.

That’s a guess, surely? My son was reading street signs during the period that he was learning to read using picture books. I don’t think we can make absolute assumptions.
Nora ,from what I understand,did not have the ability to link concepts.
So she might recognise the word or picture of a waterfall,and even an arrow but would not understand that was telling her to go that way to find it.
She might of expected it to be there, like signs in the classroom said crayons and the crayons were there in front of her.

Last edited:
This is creating confusion, they search there because they were tipped off, not because they heard that she was excited about the waterfall and wanted to look there.
Actually a group decided to search near the waterfall because they heard Nora was excited to see the waterfall. The group discovered the body and a man from the group called authorities. This man was the “tip” that lead authorities to the area to recover the body.

That is how I’m taking these news reports but since it is so early on, clarification may come hopefully.

With no sign of anyone getting in the house? No mud in the house no footprints? I'm still sceptical of that. At least until more solid details are released about her death/ how she was found.

Is it muddy and wet around the resort? Why in the world would they need mud and foot prints in the house for an abduction to have happened? Like abductors all step in mud and leave noticeable foot prints wherever they go?

This is creating confusion, they search there because they were tipped off, not because they heard that she was excited about the waterfall and wanted to look there.

There’s 3 versions of this story, so far....
They searched there because they had heard it was a place Nóra wanted to visit
They searched there because the police asked them to, after the police received a call on the hot line about a body
They searched there because a guy on a moped spoke to them and told them he had seen a body there

There’s 3 versions of this story, so far....
They searched there because they had heard it was a place Nóra wanted to visit
They searched there because the police asked them to, after the police received a call on the hot line about a body
They searched there because a guy on a moped spoke to them and told them he had seen a body there
May be a few people had seen the body in and about the same time?

Actually a group decided to search near the waterfall because they heard Nora was excited to see the waterfall. The group discovered the body and a man from the group called authorities. This man was the “tip” that lead authorities to the area to recover the body.

That is how I’m taking these news reports but since it is so early on, clarification may come hopefully.

Body believed to be Franco-Irish teen found in Malaysia jungle | The Japan Times

A group of volunteers who were part of the search and rescue team found the body after being tipped off by a member of the public.

Far fetched, but could she have been confused and left the room by herself looking for her parents...meanwhile someone was passing and stumbled upon a young vulnerable girl in her underwear. Maybe after talking to her realising her disabilities and saw her as an easy target. Seems one in a billion chance that someone so sinister would pass at that precise time though.

I tend to agree with Occam. The simplest explanation is probably the correct one. As you said, the chances of a predator just happening to see a girl wandering are slim.

The only 'facts' we have are those in the media. If Nora had gone to the waterfall in daylight, then she would have gone missing the day before. If Nora had gone to the waterfall on Sunday morning, then someone would have seen her or heard her.

If Nora went there at daylight, then for sure something fishy is going on. Either way, something fishy has taken place.
You’re talking confidently in absolutes, but we don’t know this.

My understanding is that he said that after being told by the manager of the resort that he has to go to the police station to report his daughter missing. They will not come here you will have to go there. JMO

Privacy settings
Thanks for that. If he did say that then it sounds like this was said (assuming he did say this) quite soon after discovering that N was missing. I can totally understand the panic, they would have been absolutely frantic but I wonder what made him think that a crime had been committed. I know they have said that she would never have gone off on her own but in reality, that could actually have happened. When thy first noticed her missing, I wonder if they firstly went out to search the immediate area near to the holiday cabin to check if she perhaps hadn’t gone far. What made him think and say that a crime had been committed?

President Michael D Higgins commiserates with Nora Quoirin's family following tragic discovery of body
"President Michael D Higgins has offered his condolences to the family of missing teenager Nora Quoirin following the tragic discovery of a body on Tuesday.

The remains of a young white woman were found by a member of a search and rescue team near a waterfall in the southern Negeri Sembilan district of Malyasia on Tuesday. The search for Nora was in its tenth day when the discovery was made.

Nora, 15, was the oldest daughter of Irish mother Meabh and French father Sebastien, and was the holder of an Irish passport. Nora, who had learning and developmental difficulties, was reported missing from her family’s cottage at the Dusun eco-resort on August 4."

A body was discovered on Tuesday as the search for missing teenager continued.

So her body was in a ravine in water. Perhaps they just missed her during the early days of the searches. Perhaps she was submerged down in the ravine and that's why missed prior.
If her body was wedged there and come from a different location then I could understand not having clothes on.
Does anyone know the temperature of the water ?

See this was my first question last night, about the water...

Thanks for that. If he did say that then it sounds like this was said (assuming he did say this) quite soon after discovering that N was missing. I can totally understand the panic, they would have been absolutely frantic but I wonder what made him think that a crime had been committed. I know they have said that she would never have gone off on her own but in reality, that could actually have happened. When thy first noticed her missing, I wonder if they firstly went out to search the immediate area near to the holiday cabin to check if she perhaps hadn’t gone far. What made him think and say that a crime had been committed?
I also felt it was odd to be so certain that a crime has been committed the moment they discovered she was missing. I have a special needs child too so I understand the anxiety but if I discover my kid is not home, I’d think she is missing first and dread the thought of crime until I have searched for at least a few hours... However, that is my personal reation. Everyone is different and react differently to stress...

I also felt it was odd to be so certain that a crime has been committed the moment they discovered she was missing. I have a special needs child too so I understand the anxiety but if I discover my kid is not home, I’d think she is missing first and dread the thought of crime until I have searched for at least a few hours... However, that is my personal reation. Everyone is different and react differently to stress...

Maybe that shows just HOW unlikely it was that she would have gone anywhere by herself. Her parents are with her all the time so know exactly how she is. Maybe the only possible option in his mind was that it had to be a crime.

I'd love to know what day they had previously searched the ravine/waterfall area. And I'd like to know how deep and fast moving this stream is. How likely is it anyone would fall in and drown.

Since it's also supposed to be not easily accessible I'd like to know how and why a member of the public just happened to spot her body there to alert others.

When I logged in and couldn't find Nora's thread my heart sank. Poor girl but at least the family can have closure. I'm leaning toward her walking off on her own. Despite her disabilities all parents think they know their kids when they really don't know as much as they think they do.

I also felt it was odd to be so certain that a crime has been committed the moment they discovered she was missing.

I think several factors were at work including:

1) the parents’ belief that she could not have wandered off on her own and so someone else had to be involved and

2) the belief that the only thing that would motivate local law enforcement to aggressively search was the bad publicity stemming from an abduction of a young tourist girl

Whether the girl had wandered away or was abducted, time was of the essence in organizing a search and looking for evidence. I can’t imagine how upset I would be as a parent if I felt I was not getting the local attention/assistance that was needed quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie