CA CA - Barbara Thomas, 69, from Bullhead City AZ, disappeared in Mojave desert, 12 July 2019 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO, this whole case boils down to whether or not there is a verifiable picture of Barbara on that hike. Unfortunately it's the one detail not one reporter (to my recall) has directly asked LE to comment on. Personally, I'd like to see a bulleted list of questions we'd like a reporter to ask the Detective in charge of the case (not Jodi Miller). Surely there is one tenacious reporter in the tri-state area who will hound that detective to get some details and the 911 call?!

IMO, this whole case boils down to whether or not there is a verifiable picture of Barbara on that hike. Unfortunately it's the one detail not one reporter (to my recall) has directly asked LE to comment on. Personally, I'd like to see a bulleted list of questions we'd like a reporter to ask the Detective in charge of the case (not Jodi Miller). Surely there is one tenacious reporter in the tri-state area who will hound that detective to get some details and the 911 call?!

Yes. If there is a verified picture that proves she was there, then that would be a game changer.

It would greatly diminish the odds of foul play, and point more towards a non-nefarious explanation.

Some intrepid reporter needs to find the answer.

Yes. If there is a verified picture that proves she was there, then that would be a game changer.

It would greatly diminish the odds of foul play, and point more towards a non-nefarious explanation.

Ok MassGuy we elect you to be the credentialed Websleuth investigative reporter. I'll ping Tricia to see if she can get business cards for you. When can we expect to see results?

That's the sort of detail that an active investigation may not be comfortable sharing with mass media or a group of amateur sleuths at this point in time.
True, but if the picture of her with the glasses and hat on in front of the rocks has been verified as legit by LE they may answer the question as it's not integral. The picture has been out there since day 2 and is credited to SBCSO. At least we could move past that mountain so to speak.

Ok MassGuy we elect you to be the credentialed Websleuth investigative reporter. I'll ping Tricia to see if she can get business cards for you. When can we expect to see results?
Awesome. :) @MassGuy, here is a list of questions for your consideration.
  1. What time did first responders arrive at the scene in response to the 911 call?
  2. When was the photo of Barbara in the bikini top, hat, and sunglasses taken?
  3. Was Barbara seen in any of the photos that were taken in the desert on July 12?
  4. Is there any evidence at all that Barbara was in the search location on July 12?
  5. Did the search dogs hit on anything?
  6. Can you confirm when and where the last independent sighting of Barbara took place that day, i.e., someone. other than her husband?
  7. Can you confirm whether or not you’ve spoken with staff at the dog kennel who were working on the morning Barbara was last seen?
  8. Can you clarify as to why Nixle says “Barbara and her husband Robert were hiking in the Mohave desert approximately 20 miles north of the I-40 freeway east of Kelbaker Rd." when the command center was set up at Kelbaker/Hidden Hill Rd approx. 6.3 miles from I-40?
  9. Have there been any search warrants obtained and executed related to Barbara’s disappearance?
  10. Can you confirm Robert's statement to Inside Edition that he showed deception on a polygraph?
  11. Have any new, unannounced searches of areas other than the original search area been carried out?
  12. Is it still believed that there is no foul play involved in Barbara’s disappearance?

Complaining about things I don’t like and then doing absolutely nothing about it, is more my style.

I offer advice, not petty nonsense like “results.”

But someone not named “Massguy” needs to get on that...

Snipped For Focus:

Ha! Couldn't have said it better myself.

Well, I probably could, but I still appreciate you saving me the bother.

I recall you once saying “I don’t have any shoes with laces, because that’s just too much work. Ain’t nobody got time for that.”

So I’m not holding my breath on you taking up this task either.

The fact that you never said such a thing, notwithstanding.

Complaining about things I don’t like and then doing absolutely nothing about it, is more my style.

But someone not named “Massguy” needs to get on that..

BBM:

I'm now recalling words you recently said to me:

"Push through. I’m counting on you. We’re all counting on you."

Last edited:

But someone not named “Massguy” needs to get on that...
You should invoke the ‘whoever smelt it, dealt it’ rule and flip this back to Knox! :D

Being that you’re declining the job.

Gordo is going to be handing you a Fedora if you’re not careful! ;)

I recall you once saying “I don’t have any shoes with laces, because that’s just too much work. Ain’t nobody got time for that.”

So I’m not holding my breath on you taking up this task either.

The fact that you never said such a thing, notwithstanding.

Listen.

You were the one tapped for this assignment, not me.

Your personal hero, GI Joe, never turned down a tough assignment.

GI Joe wouldn't be telling me to lace up my velcro sneakers here in his stead...he'd be first to volunteer.

"I know GI Joe.
GI Joe is a friend of mine.
You're no GI Joe."

Last edited:

Hypothetically speaking, he still could have scripted her disappearance. Hanging back taking pictures of rocks validates his story, the pics are there with metadata. She is on the road vulnerable and alone, poof shes gone. Also goes along with his "she was abducted and taken to Vegas" statement. He knows she won't be found in the area they hiked. Not accusing, just musing as to possibilities.

Wondering, would that car have to drive by the Kelso Depot. Are there cameras there? I have to back and refresh my memory. If a vehicle went back the other way do they pass by the Essex gas station?

Last edited:
Awesome. :) @MassGuy, here is a list of questions for your consideration.
  1. What time did first responders arrive at the scene in response to the 911 call?
  2. When was the photo of Barbara in the bikini top, hat, and sunglasses taken?
  3. Was Barbara seen in any of the photos that were taken in the desert on July 12?
  4. Is there any evidence at all that Barbara was in the search location on July 12?
  5. Did the search dogs hit on anything?
  6. Can you confirm when and where the last independent sighting of Barbara took place that day, i.e., someone. other than her husband?
  7. Can you confirm whether or not you’ve spoken with staff at the dog kennel who were working on the morning Barbara was last seen?
  8. Can you clarify as to why Nixle says “Barbara and her husband Robert were hiking in the Mohave desert approximately 20 miles north of the I-40 freeway east of Kelbaker Rd." when the command center was set up at Kelbaker/Hidden Hill Rd approx. 6.3 miles from I-40?
  9. Have there been any search warrants obtained and executed related to Barbara’s disappearance?
  10. Can you confirm Robert's statement to Inside Edition that he showed deception on a polygraph?
  11. Have any new, unannounced searches of areas other than the original search area been carried out?
  12. Is it still believed that there is no foul play involved in Barbara’s disappearance?

@PommyMommy for the dog kennel question, could you add something about what they might remember about her attire? Supposedly she dropped off a few minutes before being seen on the neighbor’s camera, so I wonder if she was wearing just the bikini top and cap (and maybe holding/wearing her sunglasses)?

It occurred to me that with a nice fifth wheel like that, you'd want to hook it up at, say, a campground. I wonder if he made a reservation? Did anyone ask RT where they were planning to camp?

Oh, and I found this. I'm not sure what model of Cougar fifth wheel they had, but this guy gave us a little tour of this similar model:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow