Found Deceased Malaysia - Nora Quoirin, 15, from UK, special needs, missing on vacation, Seremban, 4 Aug 2019 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Nora was an average healthy 15 year old who went missing and was ultimately found deceased by a waterfall, what would everyone think happened to her?
Would it change anything?

So the remaining family will be leaving in days? I guess they just want to get out of there, would they really leave Nora's body there though?

They had return flights booked for this weekend so perhaps they are still going to use them, though I wouldn't be surprised to learn Malaysia Airlines (or any other) will fly them home for free whenever they're ready.

They may also have been told Nora can't return for some time. What a horrible decision for them to be in, but ultimately there's not a lot they can do there now, and perhaps they just need to get home. My children are a similar age to Nora's siblings and I can't help but think how on earth they'd deal with this. Horrendous.

I was just thinking, that if the post mortem revealed possible foul play, that would back up what the family has felt all along. I think if the authorities find this and keep the body longer for further investigation, that would actually show less sign of trying to cover something up, not more.

Nóra’s family will leave Malaysia within days, Mr Quoirin said. If the postmortem results indicate a criminal cause of death, the child’s body will have to remain for further tests. Her parents have not decided whether she will be she will be buried in France or Ireland.

I had a feeling the government would keep her body.
That's one way to keep anyone from examining her body.

JMO how cruel can they, I guessing they will do anything to cover up what really happened.

MOO
Those are pretty much the same laws we have in the US. The body has to remain in the place where the person died until the autopsy is complete, as far as I know.

The only exception is for the president.

I'm sure with the liaison officer for the family, the lawyer, and the National Crime Agency involved they will do a thorough investigation.

Also, once the body is released can't they perform another autopsy in their own country? Or at least have another forensic pathologist review the results? Aren't there already at least four experts participating?

I'm not sure how they can get away with some big cover up with all who are involved. Imo

It has been said that N would not have ventured as far as the waterfall on her own. If they arrived in the morning or during the afternoon, is it possible that they all went there that same day, given that N was so excited to see it? I hope I don’t offend anyone but do any of you think that there could have been a tragic accident?
I haven’t really suspected this at all. In any case, why wouldn’t the parents seek help? No need to cover up an accident while Nora was being supervised.

If Nora was an average healthy 15 year old who went missing and was ultimately found deceased by a waterfall, what would everyone think happened to her?

From that particular resort? I think I'd be reasoning she went for a walk and fell, or had an argument and flounced off, or got chatting to a stranger and it went wrong. But none of those really obviously apply to Nora.

Would a healthy 15 year old sneak out to go to a waterfall in underwear and no shoes?. No it doesn't change my mind too much, doesn't change the scenario too much. JMO

I just can't phantom that neither parents or siblings heard anything that night/morning, and that is wether Nora left by herself or someone took her !?
Only answer IMO is if someone secretly had put sleeping pills in all of their supper, which is not likely. This tragic case is a hardcore mystery !

I can’t understand how they didn’t hear anything either. The house is small. But I also cannot fathom anyone watching the family even for a few minutes and deciding to steal the largest child, who happens to have a developmental disability. If the child is as impacted by her disability as the parents say, it would be blatantly obvious that she was disabled. It doesn’t make sense that someone would anyone risk stealing a kid that can’t comprehend being threatened, told to be quiet, etc.., and pass up the smaller daughter.

They had return flights booked for this weekend so perhaps they are still going to use them, though I wouldn't be surprised to learn Malaysia Airlines (or any other) will fly them home for free whenever they're ready.

They may also have been told Nora can't return for some time. What a horrible decision for them to be in, but ultimately there's not a lot they can do there now, and perhaps they just need to get home. My children are a similar age to Nora's siblings and I can't help but think how on earth they'd deal with this. Horrendous.

We’re all different, but I couldn’t leave the body of my child behind. I’d stay until I could fly with him or her home. Maybe they are getting home so they aren’t accused as Madeline McCanns parents were. Difficult times and decisions ahead for them. Just awful.

From previous thread

I hope it's ok to post this, I just can't stop wondering if something like this is a possibility.
Human sacrifice suspected in 10-year-old girl's murder

Why would that be? Is it because the people there live in the dark ages and primitive unlike British or American people? I am fed up of reading that these more than likely lovely people have done something sinister to Nora before cause if death and the circumstances have been established.

Numerous contributors here are trying to make the most bizarre theories fit the situation in order to back up their obvious beliefs that people in this country would harm any white person they come across.

I am disappointed that the parents too have jumped to the conclusion that a deliberate, harmful act has taken place. They can be forgiven of course because they are distraught and their emotions will be all over the place. Anything unexpected or out of the ordinary could have occurred here - like for example, what if all the children left the accommodation early that morning on an adventure and Nora got left behind because she was too slow walking when it was decided they would return. This is just one example of a more innocent theory, yet these haven't been considered at all, because many people believe that those nasty people in the jungle can be the only ones responsible.

I can’t understand how they didn’t hear anything either. The house is small. But I also cannot fathom anyone watching the family even for a few minutes and deciding to steal the largest child, who happens to have a developmental disability. If the child is as impacted by her disability as the parents say, it would be blatantly obvious that she was disabled. It doesn’t make sense that someone would anyone risk stealing a kid that can’t comprehend being threatened, told to be quiet, etc.., and pass up the smaller daughter.

It's been said many times by guests, that it is quite loud from jungle noises and fans going....plus being exhausted.

Also, depends on how heavy one sleeps. My bf could sleep through an earthquake.

Interesting question.

I think it would make me more inclined to think foul play.

An average 15 year old would be able to call for help. Would have been properly dressed before venturing out. Would be able to read,maybe swim, have the strength to keep going, maybe know how to keep themselves alive. None of those things seem likely with Nora.

Woah, some stuff being said about Malaysia, the locals and LE are terrible.
I think the local LE did the best they could, and the locals were nothing but respectful and kind to everyone. If they need to keep Nóra's body for a little longer in order to find what really happened to her, that doesn't make them terrible people and it doesn't mean that they're covering up something.

Maybe they are getting home so they aren’t accused as Madeline McCanns parents were. Difficult times and decisions ahead for them. Just awful.

Or maybe they badly need to be with friends and family right now rather than halfway across the world from them. They have the needs of two other children to think about as well.

Can we all agree we know waterfalls have been mentioned in general terms, but please no one send us down rabbit holes reading articles and links etc unless it specifically says, Nora's family believe she could have gone to the waterfall? And not hearsay from the last two days, that doesn't count either ;)

Specifically, it's where the searchers heard it from that interests me because crucially this directed them to Nora, apparently.

So far, I don't believe we've validated a source to back them up.

From previous thread

Why would that be? Is it because the people there live in the dark ages and primitive unlike British or American people? I am fed up of reading that these more than likely lovely people have done something sinister to Nora before cause if death and the circumstances have been established.

Numerous contributors here are trying to make the most bizarre theories fit the situation in order to back up their obvious beliefs that people in this country would harm any white person they come across.

To be fair, the people there claimed a genie took her sooooo, I dont think WS suggestions are that far fetched compared to that.

I

When the reward was announced, I also wondered why it was only that amount.

And it isn’t even from the crowd funding efforts. That reward was donated separately. My gosh, for people so convinced she was taken, they didn’t offer any of the money (which is basically stated it is to be used at the mother’s discretion how they see fit to help them during this time...). I would have offered every single penny of that money as the reward, increasing it each day as the funds rolled in. Why such a piddly reward and only after a week if they believed she was taken??? They don’t seem to be hurting for money, so why would they raise it if not for a reward??

Honestly, I’m super bothered by this, and super bothered by the fact that it seems that nobody was told about how much she wanted to see the waterfall. I’m also bothered by the parents getting angry that LE didn’t take their kidnapping story at face value and were upset that they were using resources to search the jungle. As if a freaking kidnapper couldn’t have dumped her in the jungle?? These parents seem lovely, but this makes me give them the side eye a bit.

I've long thought Nora was abducted. Truthfully though I'd suspect that of ANY teen girl who slipped out of the house unnoticed and all but naked and barefoot. It's just not something the average teen would do. They would absolutely get dressed and put shoes on if they decided to go roam a jungle by themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23