Found Deceased Malaysia - Nora Quoirin, 15, from UK, special needs, missing on vacation, Seremban, 4 Aug 2019 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shadyren - I thank you and your country people for their dedication to finding this special young lady and all the ways in which they tried to do so. I’m sure no disrespect is meant and I thank you for your help and input of such great detail in this tragic situation . I’m truly humbled.

Yes, thank you! @Shadyren !!!!! You helped me understand so much about the area, culture and more.

You stayed with us waiting for the PM results!!
You translated the press conference in seconds for us.
I am grateful for all your help!!! I am grateful for all 300 plus folks who searched for Nora.

Please, hang in here with us. Today, will be tuff, some will have alot of speculation.

Thank you and the local folks for such a tremendous effort!!!

IMO, everyone needs to step up and thank these folks for searching !!!!!

JMHO

Manhenry- thanks for this post. I think this is one of the most well thought out and intelligent posts I have read regarding Nóra and her situation.

Thank you for clarification regarding the waterfall (Nora’s love of waterfalls) - it is somewhat heartening that Nóra found a special to her & beautiful, peaceful spot before her very sad death.

FEARLESS and COMPULSIVE- very important terms for the proper way to look at Nora’s mindset when she left the house.

RIGHT ON and ABSOLUTELY regarding the fetal position Nóra was found in. Thank you for clarifying this. Nora simply curled up on her side and went to sleep with her hands folded prayerfully under her head before she died.
I WOULD THINK THIS WOULD BE A GREAT COMFORT TO HER FAMILY/ LOVED ONES.

How reverently and thoughtfully the description of Nóra was addressed by the wonderful kind volunteers in the search party that found her.

I AM VERY SATISFIED THAT THERE WAS NO FOUL PLAY INVOLVED in Nora’s death.

So well said, thank you!!!

Jackie Fox‏ @jackiefox_

Last bit of prep before final @rtenews report from here in Seremban, Malaysia. Some answers but not all in what happened to Nóra. It’s something I’ll be following closely when I get back to Dublin.

ECBIzI_UIAAwHH0.jpg

Jackie Fox on Twitter

It is so tragic in what happened to Nora and the grief of her family cannot described.Myself, family members and friends have children with special needs, we are aware we do our best to love, teach and protect them.
No matter how hard we try to protect our loved ones this has always situation is not far from our minds and we feel/and grieve for Nora's family.

In many cases it only takes a split second like leaving the front door unlocked.

When I heard she was found near a waterfall, children with special needs have this uncanny sense in finding water and travel quite a distance in many cases lead to tragic events.
In Western Australia a few years ago, two handy men were helping to install a mirror in a house ,son age five with Autism got out the door when left briefly opened, full scale search was done of neighbourhood, there was a park with a lake quite a distance away, it was checked no sign of him. It was believe due his low skills etc he would not been able to reach the park so search was done around home area. Two days later he was sadly found in the park in the water.
My child is high functioning Autism I keep doors locked /carry keys on me,everyone thought I was being over protective yet a short while ago the front door was unlocked less than 30 seconds, door bangs my child(school age) is off out the door, and yes start to the direction of the parkland with a lake. I manage to stop him but the event left me shaken.
But I remember the advice from my child's Kinder Teacher"High or Low Special Needs never underestimate what they can or can do".
Nora's family did everything into teaching, protecting and loving their little girl.
There maybe no answers in what happened or why it happened.
Only the endless grief in losing their beloved little girl.

Am not sure but I read a comment earlier on here that someone family member had a ruptured Ulcer and there was a lot of blood and it is strange that no mention of blood?

My friend died of this. She had felt bad for days. Developed an excruciating headache, husband went to change clothes to take her to the hospital. Just seconds later she was in cardiac arrest. He did CPR, she never regained consciousness and passed away.

NO one every suspected she had a perforated ulcer. We were in shock.

JMO

I think it is telling that her parents have accepted the autopsy results.

I don’t think there can be any doubting the results revealed so far from the post mortem. But there are still other investigations to be completed, including the toxicology. I don’t think the family have made an official statement yet? Her Grandfather has spoken to The Irish Times -

Nóra Quoirin probably died of starvation and stress, police say

“Mr Quoirin said police in Malaysia told his brother, Nóra’s father, Sébastien, that “no hypothesis is excluded and they will investigate to the very end, to determine if there was a criminal cause.”

“Mr Quorin said the family does not question the information announced by Malaysian police. “Her death was caused by a haemorrhage, as they said. But what were the conditions that led to it?

“The findings that were announced in no way discredit a criminal act. She could have been kidnapped and fed at the beginning. There is insufficient evidence to jump to definitive conclusions.”

Held by humans or by spirits (jinn)? If held/hidden by jinn, being unseen by humans, then the shaman could have been successful to make the jinn to allow her being seen again by humans?

"Genies (or jinn, as they are better known in the Arabic world) are supernatural beings with roots in ancient Mesopotamian legends. Jinn, however, are not the lamp-dwelling, wish-granting benevolent servants that Westerners know from popular culture........"
"Some jinn live in remote, wild places, and are said to lure children and unwary travelers to their doom — a trait shared with fairies of the British Isles, the Hispanic ghost-witch La Llorona and others....."

Live Science article, link:
What Are Genies?

Its a shame she could not be found alive. She would have lasted a few days after her disapperance at the very least you would think. So she wondered off into the jungle and got lost.

Her last hours must have been desperate beyond belief. Terrible to be out in that jungle all alone in the dark with all those snakes, insects and flies. I can only hope she died in her sleep.

This is a better outcome than murder, but the family have lost their eldest daughter forever now. I hope they can come to terms with this accidental death and move on.

Their lives will never be the same, but they have to get past it as a family.

And I thought my experience with it may have been informative, but guess not

Thanks for sharing your experience!!!!

Every persons medical condition has different and similar symptons. They all result in dead, if not treated.

Jmo

Tragic ending, wished for a better outcome but i, like most feared the worst. Thanks for all the updates from everyone on these threads, Hope the family get the support and help they will need.

Hope Nora is in a better place now if one does exist after death, hope she didn't suffer much and was possibly a sleep/lack of consciousness for most of her last days.

I agree with you. She propably was running away from them because she didn't know that they are trying to help her. And because of this whole situation she was getting more lost, panicked and suffering from hunger... And always running away from the search parties.
I've been observing this case from the beginning and I am really, really sad that this is how it ended. It's a horrible type of death and nobody deserves it.

Rest in peace, Nora. You are not suffering anymore. And you did reach the waterfall in the end.
I have the same theory. My initial thought was that she indeed walked away from the house, although there can be holes in this theory.
She probably was disoriented and kept getting deeper into the jungle, she was probably afraid of the noises and the calling from the searches thinking it as something else.
I'm starting to think she was closer to the resort and keep going getting herself more lost. So sad to know they could have probably find her alive the first couple of days.
I'm also thinking she was indeed sighted in the river and that the footprints where real, she just keep going moving around.

IMO my experience is that religions believe in the make-believe. that's why its called Faith. No proof of a god. the books are stories. each to their own though. I don't discount spirituality, that religions and other beliefs contain. the division religion has played in our world is a large one. I don't think it is fair to accuse the Shaman of mumbo-jumbo when other beliefs are considered the same. There are similarities such as prophecy. Let's not have a superiority attitude when it comes to what people believe in please.
ETA: i don't even think discussing religion on this is relevant to the case. Rest in Peace NORA

Thank you!l!! So well said. Respect all religions. I've experienced several miracles in my life. I truly believe in devine intervention.

Sometimes, faith is all we have.

Thasha Jayamanogaran ‏ @Thashaj

THREAD: State police chief clarifies several matters with Malay Mail,after autopsy findings:

-Ireland did not make a request for a second autopsy, in fact a cop from France who observed the post-mortem session said he was very satisfied.Nora's parents, are a Irish-French couple.

Thasha Jayamanogaran on Twitter

Thanks, the first article, stated "a lawyer" said....
That's always a red flag when they don't provide a name.

So glad the Malaysian government is releasing information and clarification.

Jmo

But they didn't leave the window open. The other opening must have had mosquito nets, I can't imagine them going to bed without them. Imo
But if the other openings were so easily available, why would an intruder bother opening a window which is bound to be far riskier because they wouldn't know if it might be noisy when it opens. So confusing!

What bothers me:
  • She was found naked.
  • Negri police chief: “We covered that area, since we believed, that she’s alive until day seven. She may have been mobile (moving around).
    Source: malaymail.com

Day seven is the 11th of August, a remarkable coincidence: Eid al-Adha - Wikipedia
The Shaman and the hikers joined the search on Sunday the 11th.
Shamans chanting on Monday the 12th.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads