Found Deceased Malaysia - Nora Quoirin, 15, from UK, special needs, missing on vacation, Seremban, 4 Aug 2019 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to give my theory of what may have occurred...just MOO -
Nora woke up in the early morning hours when it wasn't pitch dark outside. She went downstairs and didn't see her parents because it's likely their bedroom door was closed. She didn't know that and thought maybe they had gone outside so she ventured out to see if they were around. She went walking towards the jungle and couldn't find her way back. She continued to walk around and rested at night somewhere. Once they started using her mother's voice when she heard it, she walked towards where she thought it was coming from and continued further in the forest. She became hungry and thirsty. She likely had no fear about where she walked to get to the waterfall where she was found because she probably couldn't comprehend the fact that the path was very narrow. Once she got to the waterfall, she laid down to rest and died while asleep from the gastro issues.
Just my opinion but it seems very plausible to me.

Nora was in an upstairs room with her brother and sisster.
Her parents were asleep downstairs.
they were staying in a small private resort.
She was used to foreign holidays.

Thanks.
<modsnip - blaming family> the girl instead of going to her parents downstairs leaves the resort.

Even if used to traveling, I assume it being stressful for her, not being in her safe environment.

Last edited by a moderator:
Some (including myself) have wondered how Nora could've been wandering on her own for that many days, many have brought up how exhausted and weak she would've been.

I wonder if once adrenaline kicked in, it "kept her going" for longer than normal despite what we've learned about her and some of the struggles she may have had? You hear about it all the time. People surviving in extreme conditions without food or water for X amount of days.

Thanks.
In that case her brother and sister did not keep an eye on her (maybe they were younger) and the girl instead of going to her parents downstairs leaves the resort.

Even if used to traveling, I assume it being stressful for her, not being in her safe environment.
They were all sleeping when she went missing so they could not have been watching her. When they awoke her father discovered the window propped open and Nora gone.
Her siblings are 8 and 12. She may have been sharing a bed with her sister.
Imo

Last edited:
I'm going to give my theory of what may have occurred...just MOO -
Nora woke up in the early morning hours when it wasn't pitch dark outside. She went downstairs and didn't see her parents because it's likely their bedroom door was closed. She didn't know that and thought maybe they had gone outside so she ventured out to see if they were around. She went walking towards the jungle and couldn't find her way back. She continued to walk around and rested at night somewhere. Once they started using her mother's voice when she heard it, she walked towards where she thought it was coming from and continued further in the forest. She became hungry and thirsty. She likely had no fear about where she walked to get to the waterfall where she was found because she probably couldn't comprehend the fact that the path was very narrow. Once she got to the waterfall, she laid down to rest and died while asleep from the gastro issues.
Just my opinion but it seems very plausible to me.

BBM. Good theory!

Some (including myself) have wondered how Nora could've been wandering on her own for that many days, many have brought up how exhausted and weak she would've been.

I wonder if once adrenaline kicked in, it "kept her going" for longer than normal despite what we've learned about her and some of the struggles she may have had? You hear about it all the time. People surviving in extreme conditions without food or water for X amount of days.
I don't think she would have had the physical strength even if she had increased adrenaline.

She went to a school for children with Special Needs where her physical abilities were continuously monitored and she had multiple therapies to help increase muscle strength and ability.

She would have had OT and PT on a regular basis to strengthen her muscles and help coordination but there would still be a limit as to what she was capable of.

In other words, if she had been incapable of taking 2 steps on a balance beam she would never suddenly become capable of crossing a log over a stream. She would have to find another way to do it. She might be able to climb up one hill for a short time, but not three.

So adrenaline might help in small ways, it would not be enough to help her navigate the dense jungle, climb steep slopes, push her way through thick vines, and other things that require a certain amount of strength.

She may have had small bursts of energy but her physical limitations would have stood in the way. She was also in a weakened state due to starvation and may have been physically ill. In the last few days before she died she likely would have been in terrible pain. Imo

Last edited:
The Lucie Blackman Trust (who are supporting the Quoirin‘s) said that “NO payments were made in respect of the reward in connection with the discovery of Nóra’s body”. The day before she was found, the family offered a €10,000+ reward for information on Nóra’s whereabouts.

Jackie Fox on Twitter
Thanks again HayLouise for all the updates. A heartbreaking case.

I agree, she couldn't have make it to the waterfall, without assistance.

All the photos and maps clearly demonstrate what a treacherous trail. To not miss any turns, climb over rock, bugs, leeches, snakes, mosquitoes and all else, it ain't no way in **** she achieved that!!! The risk of injury and just to great.

I couldn't do it with a map, broad open daylight. Most all have a guide. The hikers had a guide.

Nope, not a chance. I've worked with kids like Nora. When you read, Nora is attached, they mean it. These kids become attached to a small circle and are never without one very near. Nicknamed my attachment, by lovingly mom's.

After the first presser, I thought maybe she did just walk away. Nope, I sure couldn't do it.

Imo

and
She was said to sleep in her undergarment and was found in her undergarment. No clothes was missing.

No clothes missing, are you sure?

Last edited:
View attachment 198647

And looking at the length, distance between the resort to waterfall (air terjun) area, its bit absurd to think HOW Nora ended up there. Walking alone? without any proper guide and knowledge how to reach the waterfall without any help? hmmmmmm.

BTJMO.
Thank you for the photos , Shadyren. And the map puts things in their true perspective. It appears to me that navigating that trail would be challenging even for a fit healthy person.

Thank you for the photos , Shadyren. And the map puts things in their true perspective. It appears to me that navigating that trail would be challenging even for a fit healthy person.
May be the she left on her own - as she was naked - someone who had seen or helped her would be too afraid to be accused of abducting her. So if somebody has placed her body where they found her, she could have been dead when found but the person would not come forward in order not to be wrongly accused or implicated with her disappearance?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlternativeLuck