CA CA - Barbara Thomas, 69, from Bullhead City AZ, disappeared in Mojave desert, 12 July 2019 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes she could have got angry with him and said she was done. He could have hit her and hidden her body. I don't believe this happened and I HOPE it did not. What gets me, is putting the key under the rock. THAT tells me they were going to go in different directions out there! Anybody else think that?!
Maybe it means that they planned to go in different directions while out hiking but I think that’s unlikely. I think the key was possibly placed under a rock in case they accidentally got separated or because they felt the key was safer hidden under a rock than in RT’s bag/pocket where it could possibly get lost and not found in the desert.

So they hide the key under a rock? Why not take it with them? They had a camera (or cell phone) a six pack, some water, and they did start out their hike together, correct?

Missing Hiker's Husband Says Police Are Eyeing Him As Suspect
BBM

Ita.

Am assuming here that they both would've had a key--- just makes sense in case one person lost theirs.
But if they hid it under a rock... maybe only one of them had a key.

The fact that RT was able to drive the truck and fifth wheel back home (obviously as it still isn't sitting out there) means that most likely he had the key as if she'd had it-- wouldn't she have gone inside the camper to cool off from the heat and maybe have an ice water or soda ?

Robert Thomas, Husband Of Missing Hiker Barbara, Says He's Suspect | Crime Time
A missing hiker’s husband said police are now eyeing him as a prime suspect in his wife’s disappearance, despite his continued claims of innocence.

UPDATE: Man says police believes he had something to do with wife's disappearance
Authorities showed up with a helicopter and later search dogs, scouring the area to find her, but no trace of her has been found yet. They don’t believe she left by choice, but at this point do not believe there was criminal activity so they’re focusing their efforts on a search and rescue mission.
Emph. mine

As far as RT -- LE have not named a poi or suspect at all. He should stop identifying himself as a "prime suspect" as this is still just a 'missing person' case and that is all.
The focus needs to be on finding Barbara.
By now there should be a reward offered.

There are flyers that can be put up, press conferences held --begging to speak to her abductors -- and houses can be sold or take a second mortgage on his house. Does he have more than one house ?
Than he can take a second mortgage on both homes.

What about selling the fifth wheel , and any other assets to offer for her safe return ?
Possessions can be bought again.
The only reason for suspecting an abduction is due to RT's insistence that someone may have taken her as she crossed the road.
That is all.

A person's life is irreplaceable.

SABBM

Good observation.
Even if the security cams only showed RT, it would help to place at least him there.

Welcome to Websleuths, @campbellsouup !!
Excellent observation. From day 1, nobody has been looking for RT, only BT. Maybe someone saw him, but not her. I want to know if someone saw him in the period of time that he was allegedly frantically searching for her. Did he flag down any passing cars? Did anyone see him on his way back to the road to see if she was in the RV? Etc.
MOO

-bolded by me-

Would it help if I said there are, several?

I think it is time this fact being injected into the discussion, pages and pages of accusations made towards RT, a victim, his adres and hang out locations being know.
He is a 72 yo man, most probably lost his wife.

Who knows which kind of person not in his right mind reading all these accusations and harming the man?

I think it is only fair to insert there is evidence of Barbara of their hike, time stamped, I am saying this to protect a man who is considered a victim by Websleuths TOS.

I am doing my utmost at this point, for the person who can confirm this to do so, please have a little patience.

Till then you are free to consider it speculation by me (which it isn't).
i totally agree there are photos of barbara there when robert said she was there.

i dont really see the connection you are drawing between photos of her being where he said she was, and him being a wrongfully suspected victim.

After all of the time that's passed-- it might not be useful but--- If the fbi is involved, would they have the means to use cadaver dogs to scent the fifth wheel, truck, and other areas ?
Dark thoughts , and hoping I'm wrong and she's safe somewhere, hiding.

I've had less faith in the fbi than previous years. My .02.

If Barbara ever reads this--- I want her to know that I'm wanting her to be found safe and if not-- justice for her !

So maybe there's one key. Maybe in the past one might want to return or needs a bathroom so this has become their habit.

IMO, there would be two keys for a new rig but old habits die hard.

That said, I'm going to repeat myself now - people who are deceitful usually include bits of the truth. The problem with this story is that it reads like a novel.
A person with control issues might not allow a partner to have a key.

And a black bra could be a sports bra. Not weird.

Depending on direction of travel, there are traffic cams in both directions when you hit the I15 in Baker or further east @ Cima Rd. I15 would be the logical route to take from/to LV. There are also traffic cams @ all entrances to CA from NV.

Seems that LE has given up on this search though. They didn't even care to add anything to their website about it. Just a single FB post.

<modsnip: quoted post was removed>

The most dangerous time in a relationship for a woman is when she is either pregnant or trying to leave. I think we can assume BT was not the former but perhaps the latter.

<modsnip: referenced material was modsnipped>

Why would the FBI have this case? There's really no reason for them to have it. Yes, it was on Federal land, but there's as yet no evidence of a crime. If there ever is evidence of a crime, FBI could be called in. But most cases of MP in the Mojave are handled by local LE.

The neighbor's camera apparently saw both of them in the truck (according to our VI).

This is one of those cases where even with a digital footprint that makes RT out to be a liar (or fibber), more is needed before charges could be filed. Some small clue or series of clues.

Without a body, with absolutely no evidence of anything criminal happening (including an abduction), there will be no charges. Putative kidnappers can't be charged until they are found. LE says there is no evidence for an abduction (so any allegations about negotiations with said kidnappers have not made it to the ears of LE).

IMO, no LE agency is going to investigate a kidnapping when there is no evidence (and a lawyer is apparently trying to "frantically" bring about an end to the situation, whatever it is). RT opted to go that route, not the LE route, which I'm sure was noted by LE.

OTOH, how is RT communicating with any alleged kidnappers? Via phone, right? Not carrier pigeon. If there is no evidence of said abduction (says LE), I would assume that no suspicious phone calls took place involving RT's phone, either (so on what basis does anyone insist that this is a kidnapping??)

For me, the abduction theory is off the table until something substantial comes in (a report to LE, LE connects RT to shady business associates via phone records, etc).

Last edited by a moderator:
ADMIN NOTE:

Websleuths is VICTIM FRIENDLY.

From my admonition in a previous thread:

Victims include family members and loved ones, so we ask that members not express opinions that include insinuations or inferences that a loved one is responsible for the missing person's disappearance. IOW, no direct or indirect accusations / inferences against a person who LE has not officially designated a POI / suspect.

Imagine how any one of us would feel to make such inferences only to find those inferences were simply wrong. Nothing worse than re-victimizing someone who is already a victim and nobody wants to have to eat their words.

Sometimes what seems so apparent is just plain wrong. We've seen it happen before and it's not pleasant. First case that brought me to WS, I knew darn well whodunnit and I think everybody else agreed with me on my whodunnit. We were 110% wrong !!

You may question what an individual says or does in MSM but you may NOT make accusations or insinuations that they are responsible for a crime unless they have been officially named a POI or suspect by law enforcement.

Members who continue to make accusations will receive a thread reply ban.

Zero tolerance.

Please "Like" this post to indicate that you have read it and that you understand it. Thread will re-open later on today.

If there is something you do not understand about the above, please contact any Mod or Admin and we will clarify further.

Bringing over @dbdb11's post from the media thread:
New MISSING PERSONS flyer for areas around Bullhead, Laughlin, Needles, Las Vegas.
Please share and spread the word!

new-missing-jpg.198669

If the FBI has this case..
Silence is normal.

That is the only logical reason for total silence I can think of..
jmho
RT said he thought she would be taken to the Las Vegas area.. So that abduction would cross state lines making it a federal offense .. That could bring in the FBI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rube Goldberg Variations