CA - Nancy Magaña, 24, shot dead in truck with son and boyfriend, Delmann Heights Park, 18 Aug 2019

gitana1

Verified Attorney
Reaction score
Nancy Magaña was a 24 year old math teacher and volleyball coach teaching her first year.

She had gone with her 5 year old son and boyfriend out to eat and then they drove to a park. In the parking lot a man walked up and shot her and left.

She died.

Her world revolved around her little boy. She lived paycheck to paycheck trying to get her education and become a teacher. It's horrible to think she was murdered right when her life was starting to take off.

No one knows why this happened. It's a mystery to her loved ones.

https://www.latimes.com/california/...lly-shot-at-park-police-seek-gunman?_amp=true

Yeah, that was my first thought....what were they doing in the park at 2 am?

It's strange. Did she live with family? The articles describe living paycheck to paycheck which makes me think she was on her own.

She was also driving her boyfriend's truck. Was he the target? But the person got close enough that they know it was a man. And they described that he "walked up" which indicates to me that the person got right up to the truck.

Was it a jealous ex? Or someone weird in the park who just wanted to hurt a happy couple?

Very strange occurrence.

Maybe she was there for a reason we don't know...:confused:

She's a 24 year old mom and teacher. Worked super hard to get where she was. Played sports in high school and college. I really don't suspect she was doing anything shady.

But it seems like a bad area to be parked at 2 in the morning.

Based on what I just saw with a bit of research about gangs it could've been as simple as some gang banger didn't want them in their neighborhood.

I have a friend who was raised in the Estrada Courts. A notorious projects in East LA. It also happens to have some incredible civil rights era murals. So he took me and another female there one day to see it before we went elsewhere.

It was about 11:00 am so most of the gang bangers would be sleeping. But after we began walking around we started to see emerging. Standing around on porches. Staring.

Then a few drove by us real slow. That was the signal to get the hell out. They're very territorial.

She's a 24 year old mom and teacher. Worked super hard to get where she was. Played sports in high school and college. I really don't suspect she was doing anything shady.

But it seems like a bad area to be parked at 2 in the morning.

Based on what I just saw with a bit of research about gangs it could've been as simple as some gang banger didn't want them in their neighborhood.

I have a friend who was raised in the Estrada Courts. A notorious projects in East LA. It also happens to have some incredible civil rights era murals. So he took me and another female there one day to see it before we went elsewhere.

It was about 11:00 am so most of the gang bangers would be sleeping. But after we began walking around we started to see emerging. Standing around on porches. Staring.

Then a few drove by us real slow. That was the signal to get the hell out. They're very territorial.

Just to go along with the gang theory, it could also have been some sort of gang initiation. Tasks such as a random murder are some times assigned to younger potential members to become fully initiated members.

She was well loved.

It's horrible. She was such a success story. And was working at a difficult school. She was a great role model. And now dead, for nothing.

I wondered if it could have been as simple as the air conditioning was out and they wanted some air. Who knows?

But of course I do hope they are able to verify the story about what happened.

I can't find any social media for her. Has anyone else tried?

Last edited:
Certainly is. There's a blurb on this site about Delmann Heights Bloods randomly shooting a 50 year old teacher at a bus stop in the face. Delmann Heights Bloods

Just for no reason at all. Some poor man minding his own business.

It's one thing wen they target each other but random people they don't know?

Based on the area I'm thinking for the first time in my years of posting that this may indeed have been some gang banger who randomly struck this wonderful young woman.

That being said, I hope they do try to verify the account of what happened that night. I wonder if the little boy heard or saw anything.

Just for no reason at all. Some poor man minding his own business.

It's one thing wen they target each other but random people they don't know?

Based on the area I'm thinking for the first time in my years of posting that this may indeed have been some gang banger who randomly struck this wonderful young woman.

That being said, I hope they do try to verify the account of what happened that night. I wonder if the little boy heard or saw anything.

I agree, it is completely sickening. I'm glad the little child wasn't targeted as well because this would be even more horrendous.

It's horrible. She was such a success story. And was working at a difficult school. She was a great role model. And now dead, for nothing.

I wondered if it could have been as simple as the air conditioning was out and they wanted some air. Who knows?

But of course I do hope they are able to verify the story about what happened.

I can't find any social media for her. Has anyone else tried?

BBM

This in of itself could be a very good motive to some; perhaps she was trying to help someone improve their situation and someone didn't want that to happen? So sad.

This in of itself could be a very good motive to some; perhaps she was trying to help someone improve their situation and someone didn't want that to happen? So sad.

I think this is a good possibility given her teaching and coaching background. Those same backgrounds also reduce, but do not completely eliminate the odds of the victim having a hidden "double life".

I find the entire scenario strange. they are on that street near the park at 2:00 am. after going to dinner. why wouldn't you just go home? You have a 5 year old kid with you. was he sleeping? Why was she driving the truck? who goes out to eat that late with a young kid? Here is where the car was located.upload_2019-8-19_14-29-49.png I would look into the boyfriend OR the father of the child.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarahlm8627
Back