CA CA - Barbara Thomas, 69, from Bullhead City AZ, disappeared in Mojave desert, 12 July 2019 #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, but AFTER, the Powell case was known, not on the day Barbara went missing.

Below from the following article: California police say missing hiker who vanished 'in her bikini' was NOT abducted | Daily Mail Online

'When that information started coming out about [the other woman], that's what created the speculation [that Barbara had been abducted] but our investigation does not indicate any signs that she was abducted,' Miller said.

What “information started coming out about the other woman”?

16358584-7273817-image-a-8_1563825819779.jpg

It looks like it would be next to impossible to find a body in the desert in all of the shrubbery.

Had this occurred in Joshua Tree, then I’d absolutely be leaning towards Barb getting lost.

That’s a different animal from where these two were walking.
I've haven't been to either. Could you explain the differences? Why do you think they're a 'different animal'? Thank you!

yes I get what your saying but it still is making an assumption on a unconfirmed by LE statement.
I ask anyone to prove barb was indeed drinking beer that day.
you weren't there, I wasn't there.
to make the statement " we don't know how much she drank that day is making an assumption /fact that she she did.....off a statement MADE TO MEDIA not confirmed by LE.

moo

Maybe we can all agree we don't know what all she drank or how much of anything? That's where I am in all this.

RT said he had a gallon of water with him. I'm just relaying that. :)
OK thank you, I did not know that important point. I hope it doesn't sound like I am victim blaming, I'm not. I'm questioning BT going into the desert in clothing not well-protecting for the desert which indicates to me that she didn't intend to be there long. 2 miles is a long way in the blazing sun. I'm questioning this disconnect. If she were from Minnesota, for example, I'd think well maybe she just didn't know. But she's from Bullhead City, she presumably knows that the desert is like. So in my head, BT didn't intend to walk very far at all. Certainly not 2 miles.

Last edited:
If I were on a desert walk with my wife, you can bet she would have me carry the gallon of water that she was also drinking- you guys are really stretching to find sinister intentions here.

Yes, but if I were carrying the water, and my significant other needed to go ahead of me to get back to our camper, at noon in the middle of July in the desert, I would make damn sure s/he had water in her/his cup and not beer. Some plan would be made that each of us had water in case of any separation while out in the desert on a walk at least a mile out from the camper.

I tried to add this to my previous post. No go. Reported, and hopefully not an issue. The times for July 12th, 2019, were reported as such:

And my slow typing will see this already confirmed. Just a little chuckle at myself.

This is for Kelso, just north of their reported stop over.
https://www.accuweather.com/en/us/kelso-id/83342/july-weather/2227295
Fri Jul 12
Actual Temp
91° /56°
Hist. Avg.
85°/54°

ETA the correct information. But, just in case you were curious about their weather that day, there's that :)

Sunrise and sunset times in Kelso Dunes, July 2019View attachment 199305

Last one, 5:38am sunrise, 7:58pm sunset, in upper left of photo above.
So with the temps that day being rather mild that means it's possible for BT to hike farther from the RV than if the temps were way over 100 degress. JMO

ETA. This weather information is for Kelso Idaho so it doesn't have anything to do with this case.

Last edited:
I tried to add this to my previous post. No go. Reported, and hopefully not an issue. The times for July 12th, 2019, were reported as such:

And my slow typing will see this already confirmed. Just a little chuckle at myself.

This is for Kelso, just north of their reported stop over.
https://www.accuweather.com/en/us/kelso-id/83342/july-weather/2227295
Fri Jul 12
Actual Temp
91° /56°
Hist. Avg.
85°/54°

ETA the correct information. But, just in case you were curious about their weather that day, there's that :)

Sunrise and sunset times in Kelso Dunes, July 2019View attachment 199305

Last one, 5:38am sunrise, 7:58pm sunset, in upper left of photo above.

The above temperatures are from Kelso, ID ...easy mistake to make

So with the temps that day being rather mild that means it's possible for BT to hike farther from the RV than if the temps were way over 100 degress. JMO

I've never seen threads with "it was suggested off camera and just cut from the interview, RT probably said this that or the other but it was cut from the interview" in this quantity.

It's kind of mind boggling. :)
The fact is that the only public statements from him are in two media interviews.
And it is a fact that such interviews are routinely cut to fit the required transmission time.
We can be certain that he gave more details to the police.

One thing that's been nagging me. RT said he was carrying a gallon of water with him.

Was this a single gallon bottle of water, which seems like an odd choice? They are hard to drink from.

If it was a few individual bottles of water, why not say so?

Why say a gallon? And if they were single bottles, why not hand her one (she has 2 hands, only 1 allegedly held beer) to drink, instead of worrying more about taking a photo than his wife?

Did either of them drink any of the water during their walk? You'd think they'd both be thirsty walking in the sun and heat.

Is this the parking area where the RV was parked? If so, would this not have a different surface than the trail?
Yes, that is the command center. I imagine taking photos on the trails was not a priority so there are not many of those.
perhaps they were not looking for footprints on first arrival?
I was referring to evidence (or lack thereof) found of Barbara during the search in general, not upon arrival. MOO

One thing that's been nagging me. RT said he was carrying a gallon of water with him.

Was this a single gallon bottle of water, which seems like an odd choice? They are hard to drink from.

If it was a few individual bottles of water, why not say so?

Why say a gallon? And if they were single bottles, why not hand her one (she has 2 hands, only 1 allegedly held beer) to drink, instead of worrying more about taking a photo than his wife?

Did either of them drink any of the water during their walk? You'd think they'd both be thirsty walking in the sun and heat.
I can't see that any of this is significant. I don't doubt that they drank some of the water if they were thirsty. Maybe he offered her a bottle (if that's what he was carrying) and she declined.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong