Found Deceased CO - Jennifer Cleland, 47, Colorado Springs, 17 August 2019

In the course of a few minutes they've updated the article (linked previously) from not listing a location, to listing Circle Drive and now it says Delta Drive.

"We've learned Cleland's car was found this morning off of Delta Drive in southeastern Colorado Springs. It appears the car has been at the location for about 2 days, according to police."

ETA: S Circle Dr intersects with Delta Drive. There is a park right near there. I wonder if she went to feed the cats and lost control inside the park.

Last edited:
Well, this is one of the stranger cases I've seen and that's saying a lot. Maybe we just don't have a lot of info, but what we do know all seems odd and doesn't make a lot of sense yet.

It's a sad outcome no matter how confusing and I wish the best for her family and the kitties

I dont get the link from cart left incl coffee mug to found deceased in car accident, however sad...

I'm thinking the Walmart sighting may not have been her. If I understand correctly it wasn't confirmed yet by LE that was her. They were still reviewing CCTV. We don't know which Sam's Club she went to but here's a map showing the locations of the two Sam's Club (first and last addresses), the Walmart cart incident location (Lelaray St) and the Car Crash street location (Delta Dr): Google Maps

The crash happened closer to the Venetucci Blvd Sam's Club which is right next to a Walmart: Google Maps The other Sam's has 2 Walmart locations closer to it than the cart incident one: Google Maps
It doesn't make sense she would go out of her way to that Walmart, abandon her cart in the parking lot and end up in a car crash. Until the police tell us that was for sure her in the Walmart I'm going to think that wasn't Jennifer. I think this was a tragic accident on her way home from Sam's Club. And I'm seriously worried someone else has been kidnapped from the Walmart parking lot leaving behind her groceries. :eek: MOO

I looked at the police blotter & I’m not sure if it’s related but they were conducting traffic control for an accident scene in the area of S. Circle & Janitell today, which is right near the Delta interchange. I don’t know how to make the link for google maps look nice but I’m thinking it was this area & possibly the car was overturned into Fountain Creek.

Google Maps

ETA: They don’t have the traffic accident itself on the blotter but a separate incident occurred while they were conducting traffic control for an accident in the area of S. Circle & Janitell was recorded on the police blotter today at 8:44 am. I hope that makes sense. I feel I’m not doing a good job of explaining what I mean.

Last edited:
Also, the red pin on that map is Janitell Road. The location is so close to Delta that I think this is the accident they’re referring to in the blotter. Here’s a pic of the blotter report.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-08-20 at 5.04.29 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-08-20 at 5.04.29 PM.png
    194.2 KB · Views: 19
I looked at the police blotter & I’m not sure if it’s related but they were conducting traffic control for an accident scene in the area of S. Circle & Janitell today, which is right near the Delta interchange. I don’t know how to make the link for google maps look nice but I’m thinking it was this area & possibly the car was overturned into Fountain Creek.

Google Maps

ETA: They don’t have the traffic accident itself on the blotter but a separate incident occurred while they were conducting traffic control for an accident in the area of S. Circle & Janitell was recorded on the police blotter today at 8:44 am. I hope that makes sense. I feel I’m not doing a good job of explaining what I mean.
The accident you are mentioning happened today and LE said that her car had been where it was found for two days. Also, her phone went dead two days ago, an hour after she contacted her son.
I am not sure there is a connection other than being in the same general area of the intersection of Delta Drive. and S. Circle. The time line is off.

The accident you are mentioning happened today and LE said that her car had been where it was found for two days. Also, her phone went dead two days ago, an hour after she contacted her son.
I am not sure there is a connection other than being in the same general area of the intersection of Delta Drive. and S. Circle. The time line is off.

Like I said, I wasn’t sure. I reckoned if they discovered the accident today, they’d need traffic control for the recovery of it, regardless of when it happened. I don’t live there any longer so I wasn’t aware that an accident happened this morning in that location. I’m trying to find a quote from a news station but when I search for articles regarding Jennifer’s accident, the preview of an article says, "News5 is working to confirm if this is the same crash investigation from this morning near Janitell Rd in Colorado Springs." so I also reckoned they might think the same.

How would they clear an accident they didn’t even know occurred until today?

Here’s what I’m talking about when I say the preview shows that the news station is working to figure out the same thing I was thinking. It’s at the very bottom.

ETA: I understand the incident detailed in the blotter happened today, during traffic control for another accident which wasn’t recorded in the blotter publicly.

I guess I’m trying to figure out… they’d still need to tend to Jennifer’s accident when they found it today I’m assuming….

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-08-20 at 5.41.25 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-08-20 at 5.41.25 PM.png
    211.6 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
This is so sad.

Rosiebones was just about spot on I believe with her maps of the interchange according to this article:

Woman reported missing found dead in car crash, police and family confirm

Must have been really busy there with two accident clearings in the same location early this morning.

ETA: If it weren’t for the one, they might not have found Jennifer for a little bit. That’s weird to think about.

Last edited:
Here’s what the 2100 block of S Circle looks like traveling Northbound leaving Delta:
Google Maps

I hate this outcome. I’ve driven there so many times (I used to live in those apartments off to the left about 17 years ago; when I was still in the Army). Never would I expect to see an accident go unnoticed there but I can see how it can happen with the embankment.

How sad and heartbreaking! May she rest in peace.

It makes you wonder- when she left her groceries in the cart, was there perhaps someone that scared her when she was getting ready to load them into her vehicle? Perhaps she tried to get away from some creeper? Or are we thinking those weren't her groceries? You have to admit, that is very odd, happening on the same day around the same time she went missing.

My thoughts and prayers are with her family. She sounds like she was an amazing and loving woman.

How sad and heartbreaking! May she rest in peace.

It makes you wonder- when she left her groceries in the cart, was there perhaps someone that scared her when she was getting ready to load them into her vehicle? Perhaps she tried to get away from some creeper? Or are we thinking those weren't her groceries? You have to admit, that is very odd, happening on the same day around the same time she went missing.

My thoughts and prayers are with her family. She sounds like she was an amazing and loving woman.

Assuming the cart-and-coffee thing wasn't random, maybe she fled because she wasn't feeling well? Seems unlikely, I know, that you wouldn't just prefer to call 911; but maybe it was something she thought she could "outrun", like a seizure aura, and get to a private/preferred place; instead of something clearly potentially fatal like a heart attack, for which you would probably want an immediate ambulance.

Assuming the cart-and-coffee thing wasn't random, maybe she fled because she wasn't feeling well? Seems unlikely, I know, that you wouldn't just prefer to call 911; but maybe it was something she thought she could "outrun", like a seizure aura, and get to a private/preferred place; instead of something clearly potentially fatal like a heart attack, for which you would probably want an immediate ambulance.

Something caused her, in my opinion, to take off. Something just doesn't seem right- groceries in her cart still, she talked to her son while she was in the check out line. No one has come forward to say she appeared disoriented or scared or confused. I haven't seen anything about her having any mental health issues or any illnesses, but you may have a point- she could have become disoriented after a medical episode occurred and her first instinct was to get in her vehicle and get to the closest hospital. I wonder if there was a hospital near by?

I just feel so bad for her and her family, and all of her precious kitties she took great care of. She seemed like a beautiful soul, just a terrible tragedy.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back