Canada - Lucas Fowler, Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you seen it on COPS is proof it happens? I doubt “why’d you run” is the first question unless the suspect needs to be interrogated quickly while handcuffed on the ground because it’s right before the commercial break.

The COPS thing wasn't meant to be taken seriously, it was just a cultural reference...they say that on the show when a suspect runs off and has to be chased down.

But my point was, if they did claim innocence on the goodbye video (which I doubt), they'd better have some explanation of why they ran into one of the most remote areas on Earth, why they were driving a murdered man's car, and some compelling forensic evidence that rules them out as the killers, etc.

I don't think this was a drug crime, sex crime, robbery, thrill kill, political crime, NCR crime as some try to stretch it out to be. I think it's a Columbine-like thing and that the parents absolutely did not know that this was coming.

There's only one report of drug use and isn't it...well, just a bit over the top? So let me get this straight, this teen is talking to the media with no other adults around and won't give his name, but he saw BS wearing a Nazi armband and crushing up Ritalin tablets with a replica Nazi knife? Srsly?

"A teen in Port Alberni described hanging out with Mr. Schmegelsky and Mr. McLeod while they camped at Sproat Lake this spring, and said Mr. Schmegelsky was wearing a swastika armband and military fatigues, and using a replica Nazi knife to crush Ritalin tablets and snort them."

Searching for answers: Sense of unease lingers in B.C.’s isolated north as police hunt suspects in remote killings

Last edited:
I don't think this was a drug crime, sex crime, robbery, political crime, NCR crime as some try to stretch it out to be. I think it's a Columbine-like thing and that the parents absolutely did not know that this was coming.

I think it had Columbine-esque undertones no matter what the possible motive was, and whether it was planned or unplanned. But really a lot of these crimes come from the same place, psychologically. Like the Dylann Roof massacre was a hate crime but it was also sort of a Columbine thing. JMO.

There's only one report of drug use and isn't it...well, just a bit over the top? So let me get this straight, this teen is talking to the media with no other adults around and won't give his name, but he saw BS wearing a Nazi armband and crushing up Ritalin tablets with a replica Nazi knife? Srsly?

"A teen in Port Alberni described hanging out with Mr. Schmegelsky and Mr. McLeod while they camped at Sproat Lake this spring, and said Mr. Schmegelsky was wearing a swastika armband and military fatigues, and using a replica Nazi knife to crush Ritalin tablets and snort them."

Searching for answers: Sense of unease lingers in B.C.’s isolated north as police hunt suspects in remote killings

I totally believe it. Given everything we know about Bryer, that seems like exactly the sort of thing he would do. I'm actually surprised that some people don't believe that account. What about it seems incongruous with what we know?

I don't think this was a drug crime, sex crime, robbery, political crime, NCR crime as some try to stretch it out to be. I think it's a Columbine-like thing and that the parents absolutely did not know that this was coming.

Except it wasn't Columbine-like in that they didn't shoot up their school when they (allegedly) could have. Why go to all the prep of packing their most prized possessions, announce they were relocating, get almost there, then turn around, start heading back, then turn around again and head to remote northeastern Manitoba?

It doesn't seem to have any similarity to anything we've seen - that's what makes it seem so bizarre to so many observers.

The COPS thing wasn't meant to be taken seriously, it was just a cultural reference...they say that on the show when a suspect runs off and has to be chased down.

But my point was, if they did claim innocence on the goodbye video (which I doubt), they'd better have some explanation of why they ran into one of the most remote areas on Earth, why they were driving a murdered man's car, and some compelling forensic evidence that rules them out as the killers, etc.

I’d be totally shocked if the RCMP release anything specific about the video (if it exists) in their future update.

Except it wasn't Columbine-like in that they didn't shoot up their school when they (allegedly) could have. Why go to all the prep of packing their most prized possessions, announce they were relocating, get almost there, then turn around, start heading back, then turn around again and head to remote northeastern Manitoba?

It doesn't seem to have any similarity to anything we've seen - that's what makes it seem so bizarre to so many observers.

They took control of all their personal stuff so they could destroy it along with themselves. They sought attention, and once everyone was listening, they made a final statement (on the phone). I think the speaking to a large stage part is Columbine-like.

Yeah that is a weird thing, now that I think about it. If the whole thing was planned as a murder trip, why pack all their belongings? Why not just say they wanted to travel light, bring just a suitcase each, etc.? I didn't even pack all my belongings when I went away to college for the semester. Packing everything indicates to me that they were planning to go somewhere (somewhere in civilization, since they brought the gaming computer) and not come back for a while if ever.

Also if the murders were planned, why did they start going in the opposite direction after Lucas and Chynna's murders? You would think the plan would be to get out of the area ASAP and continue to Whitehorse so as not to arouse suspicion.

Yeah maybe this is just my American perspective showing. I feel like in Alaska for example, probably almost everyone has guns (I actually looked it up and it says 61.7% of people in Alaska own guns).
I think it’s region-specific. Alaskans definitely seem to have a lot of guns but so do Yukoners. Alberta is up there but likely depends on region as well. I would suspect BC folks carry more guns in the rural areas and north.

They took control of all their personal stuff so they could destroy it along with themselves. They sought attention, and once everyone was listening, they made a final statement (on the phone). I think the speaking to a large stage part is Columbine-like.
Sure, but they could have stayed in Port Alberni and accomplished the same thing. In Canada, mass shootings are very uncommon, and one would have been front-page news for years (see other Canadian mass shootings).

I’d be totally shocked if the RCMP release anything specific about the video (if it exists) in their future update.

I have a very strong feeling it will come out somehow. Possibly even the actual footage.

I wonder if either of them were giving away or throwing out belongings in the weeks leading up to this. That is a sign of suicidal ideation.

The thing is they didn't know if their bodies were ever going to be found, or if the phone would be working by the time they were found. You would think a statement would be made before they left, like left on their computer or something. But they burned the computer. Overall it's just weird and hard to make sense of.

I totally believe it. Given everything we know about Bryer, that seems like exactly the sort of thing he would do. I'm actually surprised that some people don't believe that account. What about it seems incongruous with what we know?

Well, careful with that because all we know of Bryer is through the media, and everyone who is speaking to the media is trying to be as dramatic as possible. I'll just say I'm taking that one with a grain of salt. It's an almost cartoonish story.

If you seen it on COPS is proof it happens? I doubt “why’d you run” is the first question unless the suspect needs to be interrogated quickly while handcuffed on the ground because it’s right before the commercial break.

I was responding to someone else bringing up COPS and them saying why'd you run to innocent people who tried to get away.

<modsnip: rude and personalizing>

You can request indisputable proof till the cows come home but RCMP will provide details when they're good and ready.

I meant indisputable proof as we know it. I was not intimating that it existed and was available to the public; I know that it isn't.

Sure, but they could have stayed in Port Alberni and accomplished the same thing. In Canada, mass shootings are very uncommon, and one would have been front-page news for years (see other Canadian mass shootings).
Not really. Can you make a bonfire of all your worldly possessions on your parents' front lawn without being stopped? I don't think their plan would have run as smoothly in PA. They chose to go out on the road because it was easier to do what they planned to do without being caught.

Not really. Can you make a bonfire of all your worldly possessions on your parents' front lawn without being stopped? I don't think their plan would have run as smoothly in PA. They chose to go out on the road because it was easier to do what they planned to do without being caught.
Agreed. I think it was also easier for Kam and Bryer personally to do what they did to strangers rather than people they've known their whole lives. MOO

Last edited:
There are a ton of places on Vancouver Island they could have had a worldly-possessions bonfire. Not sure where you're going with your train of thought.

Well, careful with that because all we know of Bryer is through the media, and everyone who is speaking to the media is trying to be as dramatic as possible. I'll just say I'm taking that one with a grain of salt. It's an almost cartoonish story.

I mean, there's literally a) both pictures and videos of him online looking like a stereotype of a mass shooter, b) a picture of him with a gun in his mouth that he publicly posted to Instagram (it was deleted but it definitely existed), c) pictures of his Nazi regalia, including the knife and armband, that he sent to people, d) he was weird enough to ask his friend if he wanted to "get together and speak of politics," e) his Steam profile picture was the Azov Battalion logo, f) he was also wearing a military outfit, probably the same one, while on the run from the law (nothing to see here!), g) another Instagram picture features a bottle of alcohol which indicates underage drinking (doesn't prove anything but it does put drug use not out of the realm of possibility). So, yeah, there's a lot of non-witness evidence consistent with that general pattern of behavior of him being a deeply weird person.

Agreed. I think it was also easier for them personally to do what they did to strangers rather than people they've known their whole lives. MOO
The Columbine shooters didn't know the people they shot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member