Canada - Lucas Fowler, Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't seem to find the picture of Bryer with gun in his mouth. Anyone care to provide a link?

It was taken down from Instagram. However it was referenced in this article: Dark Portrait Emerging of Teenage BC Murder Suspect

"VICE obtained another disturbing photo linked to Schmegelsky’s Instagram page, which is now deleted, showing the teen with what appears to be a gun barrel in his mouth. It’s unclear if the gun is real. VICE has decided not to use the graphic photo."

Someone who was posting here a while ago said they found it online and screenshotted it, but they never posted it or anything. I tried to find it online to confirm, but I wasn't able to find it.

Either way though I don't think Vice would lie about that...they're not like the New York Times or anything, but they're pretty reputable.

The post I was replying to was about this case being "Columbine-like". I was trying to connect the dots on many levels, but can't. :)
No worries! I'm glad you pointed it out! I realized after the fact there was much vague pronouning happening in my original post.

I'm not exactly a gun expert but a quick search shows that rifles are pretty big. How can one shoot oneself with such a big gun?

<modsnip: quoted post was removed>

I'm eager to hear the toxicology results, though they may not release them until they release the final report. I know in the States, toxicology results usually come back well after the autopsy, so they may not even have finished the testing for them yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not exactly a gun expert but a quick search shows that rifles are pretty big. How can one shoot oneself with such a big gun?

Rifles vary in length, plus a factor here is the suspects were very tall, so would have had long arms. Another method would be to use something to push the trigger, like a twig, a knife, or even a toe.

I meant indisputable proof as we know it. I was not intimating that it existed and was available to the public; I know that it isn't.

Ok
I'm gonna try to understand what you are saying.... You are not intimating that indisputable proof exists and that it was made available to the public.
Is that correct?

My coworker and I who's been following this case with me since the beginning had another one of our in depth speculation discussions today:

1. We think Kam and Bryer made the video shortly before the killed themselves. We agreed, making a video before you set off on such an excursion would put such a negative omen on the whole thing right from the beginning. We do think in the beginning they had a positive outlook on whatever it is exactly they were doing. I just don't think suicide was even taken seriously until they got to Sundance and realized there was no way out, nothing was going how they imagined/fantasized it would and they were in WAY over their heads. My coworker even suggested perhaps the phone they recovered with the boys' bodies was actually Lenoard Dyck's (Let's be real, older people almost never lock their phones.) (Goodness, I don't even lock mine and I'm 35.) We also considered that maybe they actually held out hope they would escape and brought it along, turned off until they absolutely needed it, if for say they had gotten back down to more populated areas. Like some have said, I think there was a lot of fantasy of how things could and should go and then the grim reality.

2. We also got to talking about drug and alcohol use. I do suspect they were drinking but I don't believe it was a daily affair. Being hungover every day + all those hours on the road would be so dreadful. I suspect drinking was a celebratory thing every few days. For example when Bryer asked the cashier at the gas station. Also, the drinking age in Manitoba is 18 as opposed to British Columbia being 19. <modsnip: drug discussion has been removed>

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah and that is what I have said from the beginning. The RAV4 was what they were going on for the charges. However, if that is all they had, what is the substantial evidence they had to link both crimes? Tire tracks is not 'substantial' IMO

Video: Is your Android phone tracking you?

I posted this link yesterday and I am hoping others may have knowledge/insight as to the possibilities that "the phone" that they recorded their last words on is the "connection" between all of the crime scenes.

When the McLeods and Schmelgskys were notified their sons were missing they would likely give LE K/B cell numbers.

Seems logically to me that the RCMP would put a trace on these phone numbers?

If BS/KM had this phone with them since beginning their trip, likely turned on from at least July 12-14/15 it should have been (according to this video) tracking their every move.

QUESTIONS:
Could RCMP acess this information without having the actual phone?
This video indicates that as soon as a wifi connection is made the phone will send the collected data to google.
At this point could the RCMP possibly access that data from google?

Will these built in tracking options work in remote areas like the Alaskan highway?

I do not pretend to understand the crazy and spooky things that our phones are doing while just sitting close by

Another possibility is the guns.
By July 19th, the RCMP likely knew what TYPE of weapon(s) were used to shoot Lucas & Chynna.
A burning truck is found with a deceased body reasonable close by.
The truck is registered to KM (or family).

A quick check would show KM had a PAL and owned or recently purchased guns, that just happened to be the same TYPE used to kill L&C.

Not necessarily enough to lay charges but, due to the bizarre circumstances with the burning truck and Mr Dyck's body.... was this substantial enough to name them suspects?

PURE SPECULATION & MOO

Maybe we will find out maybe we won't but the connection between these crimes has been one of the questions that has literally kept me up at night.

I have a very strong feeling it will come out somehow. Possibly even the actual footage.

Maybe in the US, but Canada’s different. Suicide notes (or videos) are not public documents. Can you imagine how that would go over with the families of the accused or the families of the victims? It would serve no useful purpose whatever other than to add notoriety to a situation that’s already devastated five families. B&K deserve no “last words” from beyond the grave. JMO

I was really expecting to hear something from AS today. He’s been so forthcoming about everything to this point, the silence is odd.
Even without knowing what is in it, I think if AS watched that video, it probably destroyed him.

I think a lot of his talking to the media was a need to process what had happened to him and his life and what he thought he knew about his kid. I know people on here have speculated he would give interviews and leak the footage--and maybe he will--but I suspect seeing it with his own eyes broke him and he's in no mood to talk right now.

MOO

But maybe coming from AB is totally different. People have said Vancouver is totally anti-gun is maybe it’s similar in PA? Maybe some local can comment.

I’m a few hours out of Vancouver, but taking a firearm along would be completely normal in my family. At the very least ya just never know when you will find a good place to target shoot.

Even made the six hour round trip to Vancouver to visit more than a few of the many stores offering firearms for sale.

Yeah that is a weird thing, now that I think about it. If the whole thing was planned as a murder trip, why pack all their belongings? Why not just say they wanted to travel light, bring just a suitcase each, etc.? I didn't even pack all my belongings when I went away to college for the semester. Packing everything indicates to me that they were planning to go somewhere (somewhere in civilization, since they brought the gaming computer) and not come back for a while if ever.

Also if the murders were planned, why did they start going in the opposite direction after Lucas and Chynna's murders? You would think the plan would be to get out of the area ASAP and continue to Whitehorse so as not to arouse suspicion.

Just my theory - after the opportunistic murders of L&C they travelled to Dease Lake and hung around for a few days to make the timeline of travelling to Whitehorse and back fit, to make it appear they spent a few days in Whitehorse before deciding it wasn’t for them. Aka - an alibi. What happened on the 19th, I can’t even guess but it seems something caused them to realize their deception wasn’t foolproof.

“Schmegelsky’s grandmother, Carol Starkey, said McLeod and Schmegelsky left Port Alberni on July 12 to find work in Whitehorse. When they arrived in Whitehorse a few days later, they decided it wasn’t what they had expected. Starkey, who was last in touch with her grandson on July 13 or 14, isn’t sure what their plans were after that.”
RCMP not ruling out link between missing Vancouver Island teens, body found near truck, double slaying

They seem the types that if it's to complicated of a process to get it, they'll just stick to drinking.

I suspect it's pretty easy for teenagers to get drugs in Port Alberni. The Ritalin probably was prescribed though.

Maybe in the US, but Canada’s different. Suicide notes (or videos) are not public documents. Can you imagine how that would go over with the families of the accused or the families of the victims? It would serve no useful purpose whatever other than to add notoriety to a situation that’s already devastated five families. B&K deserve no “last words” from beyond the grave. JMO

Ok. I still think it's going to leak out. You're entitled to your opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆