Deceased/Not Found CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #54 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe I’m giving PF too much credit, but I’m wondering if by including KK in discussions, planning, meet-ups, communications and clean-up, he felt he had a way to blame KK for the murder later, if he ever got caught. Or at least cast doubt or confuse things. I still find it hard to believe that people really think they are going to be successful pulling this stuff off.

I try to give PF no credit whatsoever, but I see what you're saying. I don't know if he is diabolical enough to come up with that on his own from the start. That's some evil Bond villain type planning, but then again, he also repeatedly hit a human with a baseball bat so I can't put too much past him. JMO

A new document released this week from the Teller County District Court, shows that the defense for Patrick Frazee, the man accused killing his fiancee Kelsey Berreth and burning her remains on a makeshift pyre, is proposing the possibility of endorsing an alternate suspect in the case.

P-15 Proposed Order to Endorse Alternate Suspect

document.png

Frazee is expected to be in court on Friday for a motions hearing.

Teller County District Court Judge Scott Sells set a three-week trial to begin on Oct. 28.
New document released in Patrick Frazee case, ‘proposed order to endorse alternate suspect’

Good luck trying to get that statement from PF thrown out....

He proved on numerous occasions that he had no problem keeping his big, fat mouth zipped tight. Now the defense wants us to believe that the poor little female case worker coerced a statement from him all by her little lonesome? <super high level of sarcasm here> o_O

We always knew that KK would be the scapegoat, no shock here. I have faith that an intelligent, impartial jury will be able to understand that KK physically couldn't have been in CO on the date Kelsey was murdered. Yes, she's a *** and she could/should have stopped this, but she didn't swing the bat.

The only good thing out of this news is that I bet ole' KK is about to pee her too tight pants right about now! She deserves to feel some heat IMO.

MOO
Now, now, let's not forget that KK's good friend MS can testify that KK had a very, very good reason for what she may or may not have done. :confused::rolleyes: MOO

Last edited:
I try to give PF no credit whatsoever, but I see what you're saying. I don't know if he is diabolical enough to come up with that on his own from the start. That's some evil Bond villain type planning, but then again, he also repeatedly hit a human with a baseball bat so I can't put too much past him. JMO

Dude's a neanderthal.
Bludgeoning a woman with a baseball bat is his idea of a sophisticated murder plot.

PF actually believes himself to be a brilliant criminal mastermind capable of outwitting both LE and the DA.

He thinks he's like Bobby Fischer w/ a chessboard, when in reality, this genius couldn't even beat a kindergartener in a game of Connect 4.

JMO.

I see what Sun is saying too except not only did he have conversations with KK about it, he had a plan to make it look like she did it all. I don't like living with 'what ifs' but I've thought about this so many times. What if the drugged coffee was delivered? What if KK did take that rod and the bat to KB's house? According to her story, he wanted her to out KB and I think in his mind he thought he'd continue carrying on with his life on the Franchette with Ole Ma and a toddler. Thank goodness for KK, MS and the lawyers all talking and for digital footprints because who knows where this case would be. MOO

Dude's a neanderthal.
Bludgeoning a woman with a baseball bat is his idea of a sophisticated murder plot.

PF actually believes himself to be a brilliant criminal mastermind capable of outwitting both LE and the DA.

He thinks he's like Bobby Fischer w/ a chessboard, when in reality, this genius couldn't even beat a kindergartener in a game of Connect 4.

JMO.

More like Bobby Brown with a chessboard. MOO

I totally agree. I am prepared to be wrong but it would be one of the only murder trials with this number of various charges I have ever seen proceed within a year of arrest without a plea deal or a guilty plea. I hope as well it goes on but no confidence that it will, this case started out with delays of quite some time, months on end. My one doubt about that is he probably is sick of being in jail and may want the defense to get this over with (even though my hope is he moves on to prison of course).

I don't know what their relationship was and am curious as well but it was certainly sick, twisted and perhaps resulted in a tie between them that will be lifelong...

Yes, I want them both put away for life. Since we probably cannot see that with her, I hope the jury does not pull a Casey Anthony where they had questions about her dad, holes, etc. so it gave them reasonable doubt. Imo both are guilty here, and they need to convict PF even if they are not happy with KK's deal. At least take the ONE down, don't acquit because of the culpability of both which is clear, and hopefully the other will follow, at some point in time. She won't change, not significantly, she is not 20 and just growing up, and living and learning... Her devious ways are ingrained imo.

I think there is a lot untrue in KK's story and a lot that can be picked apart unfortunately. I am no expert but just her story alone I can find multiple things to charge her with of her own admission which they did not.

I don't think her body was burned at the Franch either. If it was, it was not completely burned in that short of time period. I think other evidence was burned. I also think three visits by LE and even State LE and yet the Berreths noticing blood and clean-up (the frig, etc.) is going to be a problem.

PF's DNA wasn't found when supposedly he was there on many occasions so was clean-up that good? If it was, then there should not be any unknown male DNA there either now should there? Seems again like a pretty short clean-up, like the fire, my guess is there was more than one time and/or he was there as well or had been back. There are hints of that in some of the preliminary hearing remarks. The vehicle remarks are still quite confusing as well.

I stick on the remark that he said to KK "You have a mess to clean up". She wanted this death and was just as much a part as he was. She was scared of him yet not so scared that in her own words she allegedly refused to take her body with her when she left (or ashes and bones) and she was not scared of his reaction to her refusal when she was present? Give me a break. She then goes off and celebrates and lies to LE and the feds and ain't worried about her daughter he "threatened' whatsoever.

All that said, I hope he is put away and then somehow she screws up her sweetie deal and her entire life.

Jmo.

P.S. I rarely do such things and I doubt it will make a difference but I am going to contact the Idaho Nursing Board with my opinion. They don't have any reason to wait for a trial here, in KK's own admissions she has done plenty that any board with any guidelines to be adhered to should have gotten rid of her arse by now. Good Lord, she at minimum let a young mother die, conspired to murder her, cleaned up the murder scene, got rid of evidence, cleansed her FB and turned off her location, lied to both local LE and state and the feds I believe... I could go on and on... Nurse Ratchett and Kathy Bates in Misery by Stephen King might just pale in comparison to KK who can even hit the feed bag afterwards...

I'm grateful you're doing that.
It is morally reprehensible that she should masquerade as a care-giver, health provider.

PF is one of the cruelest, most inhumane creatures I can think of. He beat his baby girl's mother to death with a baseball bat. It can't get much worse than that. It still makes me so upset and angry. There's just no words that I can say here. My thoughts are still with Kelsey's parents and family as they face the upcoming trial. They will need all the strength they can find.

Rob McCallum on Twitter
People v. Frazee: The Court has entered a decorum order for Friday's (8/23) motions hearing. Same as past decorum orders - no photography, audio or video recording of any kind on any device in the courthouse #CoLaw #KelseyBerreth
Decorum Order for Aug. 23, 2019 hearing
4:38 PM - 21 Aug 2019

DA asks Patrick Frazee to disclose whether he’ll point to an alternate suspect in Kelsey Berreth murder case – Canon City Daily Record
[…]

Prosecutors have previously obtained records including Frazee’s statements made to child welfare workers.

Kenney had told investigators that Frazee had confided to her that Berreth was physically abusive toward their daughter, according to Slater’s testimony at the preliminary hearing. Kenney claimed Frazee told her that they needed to “get rid of” Berreth so she couldn’t injure or kill Kaylee, he testified.

If Frazee told the caseworker that abused their daughter, it could corroborate Kenney’s testimony.

According to Kenney, Frazee had told her that Kaylee had a burn on her hand and a bump on her head, Slater had testified.

[…]

DA asks Patrick Frazee to disclose whether he’ll point to an alternate suspect in Kelsey Berreth murder case – Lamar Ledger
SABBM:
In a separate motion, defense attorneys said a pool of 300 potential jurors would be needed to seat a jury. The motion asks that the public, including the media, be barred from attending jury selection so that possible jurors could feel free to be candid. The motion estimates that jury selection would take about a week.

Prosecutors filed a motion estimating that a pool of 250 potential jurors would be needed to seat a jury. They are requesting that the court clerk provide a list of the potential jurors a month before trial because the high profile case requires a large jury pool. In another motion, prosecutors estimate the trial will take about three weeks.

An attorney’s take on the latest motions. It’s way too long for my attention span to handle (over 2 minutes), but it might be insightful.

Criminal defense attorney explains motions filed in Patrick Frazee case

SABBMFAA:
Now Mika says his defense might be worried they won't be able to find enough jury members who've yet to form an opinion.

"A fair and impartial jury is the cornerstone to a fair trial in our system," Mike explains.

Obviously, the defense attorney they interviewed hasn't paid close attention to the case.

PF's lawyer doesn't appear too worried about finding jurors who haven't heard about the case, considering he hasn't filed a motion for a change of venue.

I'm expecting he'll use that as an excuse to file an appeal after PF gets convicted.

JMO.

Last edited:
DA asks Patrick Frazee to disclose whether he’ll point to an alternate suspect in Kelsey Berreth murder case – Lamar Ledger
SABBM:
In a separate motion, defense attorneys said a pool of 300 potential jurors would be needed to seat a jury. The motion asks that the public, including the media, be barred from attending jury selection so that possible jurors could feel free to be candid. The motion estimates that jury selection would take about a week.

Prosecutors filed a motion estimating that a pool of 250 potential jurors would be needed to seat a jury. They are requesting that the court clerk provide a list of the potential jurors a month before trial because the high profile case requires a large jury pool. In another motion, prosecutors estimate the trial will take about three weeks.
Oh, yeah. I expect it will take the better part of a week to seat a jury for a trial of that length, easily. I was once a juror on a 7 1/2 week civil case. Jury selection took 3 days and we got an inspiring lecture from the judge about doing our civic duty. I started out as second alternate, but had made the regular jury by the fourth week.

Everyone in the county has certainly heard about this case. But that doesn't mean that there aren't 12 fair-minded individuals in the county. Not at all. IMHO.

Last edited:
Oh, yeah. I expect it will take the better part of a week to seat a jury for a trial of that length, easily. I was once a juror on a 7 1/2 week civil case. Jury selection took 3 days and we got an inspiring lecture from the judge about doing our civic duty. I started out as second alternate, but had made the regular jury by the fourth week.

Everyone in the county has certainly heard about this case. But that doesn't mean that there aren't 12 fair-minded individuals in the county. Not at all. IMHO.

BBM

I don't care if they bring in the Ringling Brothers' Circus and choose the jurors from the Clown Department, they'll have sense enough to find this (fellow) clown guilty!

If any have watched one episode of Forensic Files, Patrick is sunk.

BBM

I don't care if they bring in the Ringling Brothers' Circus and choose the jurors from the Clown Department, they'll have sense enough to find this (fellow) clown guilty!

If any have watched one episode of Forensic Files, Patrick is sunk.

When they go back to deliberate, I wonder how long it's going to take one of the jurors to mention Mr. Ed., and note that they wish horses really could talk, b/c they'd love to hear what the one that kicked PF in the head would have to say.

Last edited:
Dude's a neanderthal.

JMO.

Lol.

I totally agree. I am prepared to be wrong but it would be one of the only murder trials with this number of various charges I have ever seen proceed within a year of arrest without a plea deal or a guilty plea. I hope as well it goes on but no confidence that it will, this case started out with delays of quite some time, months on end. My one doubt about that is he probably is sick of being in jail and may want the defense to get this over with (even though my hope is he moves on to prison of course).

I don't know what their relationship was and am curious as well but it was certainly sick, twisted and perhaps resulted in a tie between them that will be lifelong...

Yes, I want them both put away for life. Since we probably cannot see that with her, I hope the jury does not pull a Casey Anthony where they had questions about her dad, holes, etc. so it gave them reasonable doubt. Imo both are guilty here, and they need to convict PF even if they are not happy with KK's deal. At least take the ONE down, don't acquit because of the culpability of both which is clear, and hopefully the other will follow, at some point in time. She won't change, not significantly, she is not 20 and just growing up, and living and learning... Her devious ways are ingrained imo.

I think there is a lot untrue in KK's story and a lot that can be picked apart unfortunately. I am no expert but just her story alone I can find multiple things to charge her with of her own admission which they did not.

I don't think her body was burned at the Franch either. If it was, it was not completely burned in that short of time period. I think other evidence was burned. I also think three visits by LE and even State LE and yet the Berreths noticing blood and clean-up (the frig, etc.) is going to be a problem.

PF's DNA wasn't found when supposedly he was there on many occasions so was clean-up that good? If it was, then there should not be any unknown male DNA there either now should there? Seems again like a pretty short clean-up, like the fire, my guess is there was more than one time and/or he was there as well or had been back. There are hints of that in some of the preliminary hearing remarks. The vehicle remarks are still quite confusing as well.

I stick on the remark that he said to KK "You have a mess to clean up". She wanted this death and was just as much a part as he was. She was scared of him yet not so scared that in her own words she allegedly refused to take her body with her when she left (or ashes and bones) and she was not scared of his reaction to her refusal when she was present? Give me a break. She then goes off and celebrates and lies to LE and the feds and ain't worried about her daughter he "threatened' whatsoever.

All that said, I hope he is put away and then somehow she screws up her sweetie deal and her entire life.

Jmo.

P.S. I rarely do such things and I doubt it will make a difference but I am going to contact the Idaho Nursing Board with my opinion. They don't have any reason to wait for a trial here, in KK's own admissions she has done plenty that any board with any guidelines to be adhered to should have gotten rid of her arse by now. Good Lord, she at minimum let a young mother die, conspired to murder her, cleaned up the murder scene, got rid of evidence, cleansed her FB and turned off her location, lied to both local LE and state and the feds I believe... I could go on and on... Nurse Ratchett and Kathy Bates in Misery by Stephen King might just pale in comparison to KK who can even hit the feed bag afterwards...

GReat post. But I disagree with one thing. I don't believe the Anthony jury had reasonable doubt on the multiple charges and lesser includeds they could have found her guilty of. Including child neglect. Etc.

They wanted to go home. IMO.

I don't think there was a shred of "reasonable" doubt.

Why Jury Sequestration Doesn't Make Sense | The Crime Report

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member