Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #17 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
National newspapers are they only ones speculating on his name, local news have not named him yet. I think it’s clearly obvious who the 25 year old is. But police won’t want names being passed around at the moment because of damage it can do to the case.

It's not unusual for police to not name someone who's under arrest, and to just say it's a male/female aged XX.

I was a bit surprised to see tabloids naming PR as the person under arrest, but I figured it was him from the age given.

The news pinged through yesterday evening on my Sky News app. It stated ‘25 year old male’ ... so I presumed PR. A quick scroll through the national press confirming it. Then I came here to see what had been discussed, only to find the site down - worst timing!!!

So, charged with murder this time. To those speculating they wanted him charged for his other offences first, I think you might well be right. Now he’s a convicted sex offender it might be more plausible getting the charge to stick if they’re relying on circumstantial evidence? Can they mention his previous record if he’s brought to trial for this? Of course it most definitely gives strong pointers to his character - but would that be classed as prejudicing the case? Interesting that they’re questioning him on a murder charge, not manslaughter. I personally have never thought Libby would run up the slope into the water, from the videos Strontium shared of the park I just couldn’t picture that. The bench with the little markers photographed late that night was important. And do I remember rightly, did they then head down to the boat house and take pictures close to the waters edge?

He enjoys the fear. He doesn’t run or shy away once caught or seen, he takes great pleasure in that part. Libby was screaming in the park, I don’t believe he panicked or let her run into the water, I think he enjoyed her fear and then wanted to ensure she couldn’t tell anyone. I don’t believe it was accidental. I do think his dark needs escalated that night to levels he maybe did not anticipate .. but in the moment he couldn’t stop himself taking things further. Then, with the realisation his wife and children might find out, he did what he had to to protect his identity. He’d brazenly got away with terrorising students in his own back yard (not literally, although within a 0.2mile radius) but I suspect he realised he’d gone too far this time and that there was a good chance poor Libby would be able to identify him. Whether she died before entering the water, the post-mortem would presumably reveal. All MOO.

Hoping for a charge this time. Then his solicitor can apply for a second post-mortem (their right as I understand it?) and finally Libby’s family can have her back to lay her to rest.

I think the autopsy must have revealed something convincing enough to now treat the case as murder.

Up to now it was just 'potential homicide' officially and I am confident that the LE knew for some time but waited for PR to get convicted in his sexual offences trial first.

The news pinged through yesterday evening on my Sky News app. It stated ‘25 year old male’ ... so I presumed PR. A quick scroll through the national press confirming it. Then I came here to see what had been discussed, only to find the site down - worst timing!!!

So, charged with murder this time. To those speculating they wanted him charged for his other offences first, I think you might well be right. Now he’s a convicted sex offender it might be more plausible getting the charge to stick if they’re relying on circumstantial evidence? Can they mention his previous record if he’s brought to trial for this? Of course it most definitely gives strong pointers to his character - but would that be classed as prejudicing the case? Interesting that they’re questioning him on a murder charge, not manslaughter. I personally have never thought Libby would run up the slope into the water, from the videos Strontium shared of the park I just couldn’t picture that. The bench with the little markers photographed late that night was important. And do I remember rightly, did they then head down to the boat house and take pictures close to the waters edge?

He enjoys the fear. He doesn’t run or shy away once caught or seen, he takes great pleasure in that part. Libby was screaming in the park, I don’t believe he panicked or let her run into the water, I think he enjoyed her fear and then wanted to ensure she couldn’t tell anyone. I don’t believe it was accidental. I do think his dark needs escalated that night to levels he maybe did not anticipate .. but in the moment he couldn’t stop himself taking things further. Then, with the realisation his wife and children might find out, he did what he had to to protect his identity. He’d brazenly got away with terrorising students in his own back yard (not literally, although within a 0.2mile radius) but I suspect he realised he’d gone too far this time and that there was a good chance poor Libby would be able to identify him. Whether she died before entering the water, the post-mortem would presumably reveal. All MOO.

Hoping for a charge this time. Then his solicitor can apply for a second post-mortem (their right as I understand it?) and finally Libby’s family can have her back to lay her to rest.
BBM - yes its a very plausible theory I believe thats what happened.

I came here immediately after I seen news about his arrest on Daily Mail (where they named him but avoided any references to previous conviction).

I think LE 100% wanted him convicted of sexual predatory offences first as it will make any potential murder case in the future far more convincing. Evidence proving his character and MO have been gathered and he himself pleaded guilty. More cases lie on his file...

So now LE got that safely sorted and out od way they can focus on Libbys case. In MHO they have been fairly confident it was him from early in the case.

Lets hope a murder charge will stick this time. So far I think LE are handlung case exceptionally well IMOO

We’ve already seen that he was getting braver and braver with terrifying young women. Staring them out and following them home after masturbating in front of them.

Totally my own opinion but I really don’t think he would be able to control his perverted urges whilst having a young, intoxicated student sat in his car. It would be the perfect scenario for him, IMO.

Last edited:
The only thing confusing me this morning is would his guilty pleas and sentence on the other charges be used in any potential murder trial for Libby? Or would these be withheld as we usually see?

If they would be withheld and jury not informed then why have they waited?

How frustrating to get a site outage when the news finally breaks of an arrest for Libbys Murder. You couldnt make it up.

My thoughts, a charge HAS to be forthcoming. Why would they arrest him NOW if they didnt have evidence for a charge when they have had 7 months almost and he is now firmly locked away.
Hoping her family can soon take her home to rest and finally see justice served.

True sadly they also are victims in all this and their lives would be greatly affected by PR's actions.
He's left so many victims at different levels. Libby had her whole life ahead of her. I cannot begin to imagine what her loved ones are going through. Especially as they probably know what happened.

If he's charged they have to get through his trial and whatever defence he comes up with.

At the next level he's destroyed his own family. At some point his kids will find out what happened and have to live with it. His wife - would she be racking her brains trying to think whether there was anything she should have noticed and reported.

Her friends that night, the two students that saw her arrive home, the taxi driver, grey beard. All of them must be wishing they'd done something different even though they couldn't because they didn't do anything wrong.

I hope they get some justice. I hope 8.5 years was just a start.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong