Silver Alert CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Found some good info on the State of CT website on what the atty for the children would do Family Matters FAQs - CT Judicial Branch:

Attorney for the Minor Child
1. What is an Attorney for a Minor Child (AMC)?
An attorney for a minor child, often referred to as an AMC and also called Counsel for the Minor Child is an individual the court appoints, either upon motion of a party or when the court determines an AMC is necessary to advocate for the best interests of the child. The court will consider the appointment of an AMC if the parties are unable to resolve a parenting or child related dispute. The AMC’s role is different from that of a guardian ad litem (GAL). The AMC represents the child’s legal interests and supports the child’s best interests, while the GAL represents only the child’s best interests.

2. Who can be an AMC?
Only an attorney who has completed the comprehensive training program required by Practice Book Section 25-62, which is sponsored by the Judicial Branch, is eligible to be an AMC. The AMC cannot be the same attorney that is representing either of the parents.

3. What is the role of an AMC?
In cases where the parties are unable to agree on a parenting plan or there is a child related dispute, the court may appoint an AMC to be the child’s attorney. The court will specify the role of the AMC in each case. Just as the parents may have their own attorneys advocating on their behalf, the AMC represents the child’s wishes and advocates on the child’s behalf. The AMC can speak in court on all matters pertaining to the interests of the child including custody, care, support, education and visitation. The AMC can also file motions and call witnesses on behalf of the child in court. Unlike a GAL, an AMC does not testify as a witness, but participates fully as a lawyer in the case.

4. What can a parent in a family court matter expect from an AMC?
The AMC is expected to avoid any conflict of interest, be courteous and professional and act in good faith. An AMC is bound by the Rules of Professional Conduct governing attorneys in Connecticut. The client, however, is not either of the parents, but the child. The AMC’s duty is to the child, and the parents should not expect the AMC to advocate or argue on their behalf.

5. Who pays the AMC?
The parties to the case pay the fees for the AMC. Each party is required to submit a financial affidavit to the court. The court will consider each party’s financial situation and order how such payment is to be split between them. In some cases, the parties may qualify for the appointment of an AMC that is paid for by the state. The parties must submit their financial affidavits to the court for review. If the parties meet the eligibility requirements of the Division of Public Defender Services, the court will appoint an AMC who is paid for by the state.[BBM]

Code of Conduct for Attorney for the Minor Child and Guardian ad Litem, which is available on this website.

The defendant believes that all five children have a custodial preference to share with the court that should be trusted," Rochlin said. "Regardless of the defendant's belief, (the two oldest children) both of sufficient age and maturity, may well have an informed and intelligent view on a variety of subjects — from custody to therapy to water skiing — that obviously have not been influenced by the defendant, with whom they have had no contact with since May 22, 2019."

Michael Meehan, a Bridgeport attorney and a court-appointed guardian ad litem who reports to the court about issues regarding the best interests of the Dulos children, can not advocate for their wishes or file motions, Rochlin wrote in Wednesday’s filing.

Fotis Dulos filed a similar motion in 2018 that was never heard.

The older two children need a "pure advocate at this age, someone who is decidedly not neutral," Rochlin said.

The attorney representing them would be able to file briefs, participate in oral arguments and "otherwise give unvarnished voice to his clients' wishes," Rochlin said.

There are several pending motions in the divorce case, but no court dates have been set.
Jennifer Dulos case: Fotis wants oldest sons to have their own lawyer

If you remember, JD said in an early court filing that FD wanted to take the two oldest and disappear. I worry that FD has been in contact with them...I worry about some of the decisions I've seen 13-year-olds make, especially when life with one parent seems better than with another. FD cannot afford to take care of these kiddos; he can't pay for their tuition, if can't pay the plumbing contractors; he can't give them the life they had with JD's money; doubt he knows how to schedule dental appointments, doctor's appointment, diet, etc....he cannot pay for the the travel, the water skiing, etc., they think they'll enjoy with him.

FD is going at GF where he knows it will hurt the most.....It makes me really, really sad. MOO! MOO!

This whole thing is so maddening because Jennifer was a human being. What happened to her, where she is, etc. seems to get lost more everyday as the 2 year old tantrum thrower and his pacifier become the only points of focus. I am getting angier by the day at the courts, the lax/pacifist approach it feels like they are taking, and the continual fleecing of GF's money (i.e. Guardian Ad Litem) which this new filing makes seem a costly waste. ENOUGH ALREADY! I think he is trying to do in GF as well with all of this. We've said all along he got rid of JD so he would be the children's guardian and have control of her/their inheritance to continue living the high life "taking care of them," same thing now if he pushes GF over the edge. She is the last person standing in his way. JD was the pocket book, GF is the Birkin Bag.

I watched this clip again and noticed something interesting in addition to the sleeze ball reporter checker outer

Fotis Dulos arrives at W. Hartford law offices for deposition in case regarding estranged wife

Many threads ago their was discussion and much confusion about storm drains vs. city garbage cans, vs. privately serviced dumpsters at businesses, vs. home recepticals. If this clip is actually of LE in this case, it shows them searching large dumpsters camouflaged by gates that may even lock/be secured (not sure), removing pretty good-sized bags. I tried my best to look at the windows in the building behind them or for any other identifier from what I know of Albany Avenue and I can't place where this is at.

Last edited:
"The defendant believes that all five children have a custodial preference to share with the court that should be trusted," Rochlin said. "Regardless of the defendant's belief, (the two oldest children) both of sufficient age and maturity, may well have an informed and intelligent view on a variety of subjects — from custody to therapy to water skiing — that obviously have not been influenced by the defendant, with whom they have had no contact with since May 22, 2019." [BBM]

Mmmm. Of all the things this atty could have said about something as important as this situation, why say that, "...obviously (the children) have not been influenced by the defendant, with whom they have had no contact with since May 22, 2019"?

Methinks thou doth protest too much...perhaps? Craziness. Where did FD find this attorney clown Rochlin?

This all seems to be just another legal ploy by FO to agitate this sad, tragic and pathetic situation and torture and torment GF. Problem is though FO wasn't content to just torment GF/JD, nope. Now he is weaponizing his children in the war. Hope the Judge sees this ploy for what it is and shuts it down!

Not sure of the 'quality' of representation FO is getting here as poking a bear rarely has good results. Sadly IMO this all just seems to be the legal work of a local hack attorney Rochlin looking to bill the hours while there is still money in the game for a maniacal client intent on revenge. If this local hack is doing this for the money I hope he got a sizable retainer or IMO his firm will be sitting on a sizable uncollectable account (wouldn't this be sad? NOT!).

We shall see how the court and GF/atty responds to this request.

Seems like this request would have to be approved by the court. Part of the court discussion is who would pay for this representation. Given that FD has been pleading poverty now for 2 years I'm surprised he is offering to pay for this additional expense? My guess is that he will again plead poverty and ask the court to have GF pay. Given that GF is now saddled with GAL fees of roughly $300,000 a year is it reasonable to expect that she also carry an atty or 2 for 2 minor children that while they may have a POV as to where they want to be, really don't have a realistic option other than GF at this point.

Why do this to a minor child that has most likely just lost a parent?

Why present the idea to the children that they might have a choice to be with their father when it seems unlikely to impossible for the court to allow any changes to custody or visitation at this time given the criminal proceedings which might drag on for 2-3 years?

What kind of person would choose to drag his 13 year old sons into a proceeding and potentially set them up to battle against their own grandmother and/or the known wishes of their own mother? Only printable TOS word that comes to mind here is a MONSTER!

I think what has me almost speechless about this request from the Defense/FO, is why subject your children to this process when the likihood of the Judge changing ANYTHING having to do with visitation or custody given the criminal proceedings is nil/none.

To put this motion before the court just as the children are getting ready to head back to school is also something that IMO shows little to no consideration of the stress/strain that these children will no doubt be under as they head back to school. Does FO care about any of this? Nope. Not at all. Its all about him 24/7 IMO.

Seeing this info pop up on the Court website today had me thinking that FO is simply a drowning pathetic individual that won't be content until he either murders everyone around him or at least drags them down to his own level.

MOO MOO MOO

[/QUOTE]

And now we know why the contact was brought up out of the blue at his last court date, seemingly odd at the time...GF and her legal team knew this was coming so they wanted that mention in the record.

Last edited:
If you remember, JD said in an early court filing that FD wanted to take the two oldest and disappear. I worry that FD has been in contact with them...I worry about some of the decisions I've seen 13-year-olds make, especially when life with one parent seems better than with another. FD cannot afford to take care of these kiddos; he can't pay for their tuition, if can't pay the plumbing contractors; he can't give them the life they had with JD's money; doubt he knows how to schedule dental appointments, doctor's appointment, diet, etc....he cannot pay for the the travel, the water skiing, etc., they think they'll enjoy with him.

FD is going at GF where he knows it will hurt the most.....It makes me really, really sad. MOO! MOO!

It makes me really, really sad—and really, really mad!

Plead the Fifth. It’s all over.

[QUOTE="Pleading the fifth is different in a civil trial, if I remember correctly. In a criminal case, the judge or jury are not supposed to interpret the silence negatively, or draw conclusions about what be be unsaid. In a civil trial, they can draw reasonable conclusions about what was unsaid.

If the prosecution asks, “did you open the cookie jar and remove a cookie?” in a criminal trial and the defendant refuses to answer, the judge and jury evaluate the evidence as if the question were never asked..

In a civil trial, they can make inferences - such as the answer is probably yes or the defendant would have answered- especially if there is other info such as a trail of crumbs to the defendants bedroom.

MOO- I’m not a legal expert.[/QUOTE]
Edited by me: Not sure what happened with the quoting, but my response is below:
You are 100% correct, IMO. I think that invocation of the 5th DOES have at least a subconscious effect on most jurors. Never positive for the defendant.

Last edited:
"The defendant believes that all five children have a custodial preference to share with the court that should be trusted," Rochlin said. "Regardless of the defendant's belief, (the two oldest children) both of sufficient age and maturity, may well have an informed and intelligent view on a variety of subjects — from custody to therapy to water skiing — that obviously have not been influenced by the defendant, with whom they have had no contact with since May 22, 2019." [BBM]

Mmmm. Of all the things this atty could have said about something as important as this situation, why say that, "...obviously (the children) have not been influenced by the defendant, with whom they have had no contact with since May 22, 2019"?

Methinks thou doth protest too much...perhaps? Craziness. Where did FD find this attorney clown Rochlin?

This all seems to be just another legal ploy by FO to agitate this sad, tragic and pathetic situation and torture and torment GF. Problem is though FO wasn't content to just torment GF/JD, nope. Now he is weaponizing his children in the war. Hope the Judge sees this ploy for what it is and shuts it down!

Not sure of the 'quality' of representation FO is getting here as poking a bear rarely has good results. Sadly IMO this all just seems to be the legal work of a local hack attorney Rochlin looking to bill the hours while there is still money in the game for a maniacal client intent on revenge. If this local hack is doing this for the money I hope he got a sizable retainer or IMO his firm will be sitting on a sizable uncollectable account (wouldn't this be sad? NOT!).

We shall see how the court and GF/atty responds to this request.

Seems like this request would have to be approved by the court. Part of the court discussion is who would pay for this representation. Given that FD has been pleading poverty now for 2 years I'm surprised he is offering to pay for this additional expense? My guess is that he will again plead poverty and ask the court to have GF pay. Given that GF is now saddled with GAL fees of roughly $300,000 a year is it reasonable to expect that she also carry an atty or 2 for 2 minor children that while they may have a POV as to where they want to be, really don't have a realistic option other than GF at this point.

Why do this to a minor child that has most likely just lost a parent?

Why present the idea to the children that they might have a choice to be with their father when it seems unlikely to impossible for the court to allow any changes to custody or visitation at this time given the criminal proceedings which might drag on for 2-3 years?

What kind of person would choose to drag his 13 year old sons into a proceeding and potentially set them up to battle against their own grandmother and/or the known wishes of their own mother? Only printable TOS word that comes to mind here is a MONSTER!

I think what has me almost speechless about this request from the Defense/FO, is why subject your children to this process when the likihood of the Judge changing ANYTHING having to do with visitation or custody given the criminal proceedings is nil/none.

To put this motion before the court just as the children are getting ready to head back to school is also something that IMO shows little to no consideration of the stress/strain that these children will no doubt be under as they head back to school. Does FO care about any of this? Nope. Not at all. Its all about him 24/7 IMO.

Seeing this info pop up on the Court website today had me thinking that FO is simply a drowning pathetic individual that won't be content until he either murders everyone around him or at least drags them down to his own level.

MOO MOO MOO

[/QUOTE]

There is something seriously wrong with FD’s mental health. I’m not a psychiatrist, or in any related field. MOO. But something’s loose up there and I’m thinking the worst. He’s capable of anything at this point bc he could just snap.

What an odd expression on FD's face. To the point made by @citygirl , he has this scared choirboy thing going on. Not sure if it's an act or genuine. Given how successful he was at winning over JD and her dad, could go either way.
Nothing is genuine with these people. Often, they even fake anger. They don't even have personalities. They have personas. Poor JD. These creatures are really good at what they do...conning.

Ha - it was Pelosi's daughter who said that. And said in full admiration!
Absolutely! I have heard it said that Speaker of the House Pelosi is so smooth that she could cut your head off without you even knowing it. I think GF is all that with a touch of Jersey and the luxury of $ thrown in. God bless her and all that she stands for!

He is just picking up where he left off-he did this to JD, and now he’s doing it to her mother. This is what he does to women who don’t cooperate with him. They should be able to determine whether or not FD or one of his “agents” have contacted those children. The only way they could have, is by phone, email or some type of social media, and there would be a trail. These kids aren’t going anywhere, IMO, even if the kids do say they want to live with their sperm donor (can’t call him father, because FD isn’t concerned about them). And as far as whether or not he can afford to raise them, well, we know where he expected to get the money to do that. I can’t imagine that any responsible person would place these kids with a man who’s suspected of murdering his wife, and is soon to be homeless-and can only afford to feed himself, nevermind his kids, with the trust fund his kids get.

Last edited:
Remember when we try to figure out why Fotie
does something, remember his favorite life guide,
"The Art of War".
He has no one on his side now. He's toxic and
people are scrambling to get away from him.
So he has to re-build his army against the world.
Start with the two sons who are young, easily
influenced, have no choices, and can act like
allies in his fight against the world. Plus they come with a juicy ATM card attached.
that last description also fit JD.

Until the judge or GF plug the holes in draining
Farber money, he will just continue these ploys for
his own advantage.

If he were totally broke and no MIL propping
him up financially, things would quiet down, I'm sure.
The rat has been caught in the trap and is just
scrambling trying to get out.

Remember when we try to figure out why Fotie
does something, remember his favorite life guide,
"The Art of War".
He has no one on his side now. He's toxic and
people are scrambling to get away from him.
So he has to re-build his army against the world.
Start with the two sons who are young, easily
influenced, have no choices, and can act like
allies in his fight against the world. Plus they come with a juicy ATM card attached.
that last description also fit JD.

Until the judge or GF plug the holes in draining
Farber money, he will just continue these ploys for
his own advantage.

If he were totally broke and no MIL propping
him up financially, things would quiet down, I'm sure.
The rat has been caught in the trap and is just
scrambling trying to get out.

It infuriates me the way that FD is trying to bleed GF...it is very unlikely, IMO, that those two children would be placed back in the home with him, and I am sure he knows this. But it doesn’t matter; he is still going to stick her with the entire cost of their legal representation-since he is penniless. And if he is penniless, why would any child advocate recommend allowing the children to live with him? This is solely designed to drain GF’s finances and cause undo stress in a home where his 5 children reside because he killed their mother. I wonder what GF’s current financial structure for the kids might be, and if FD’s desire to have them with him would change if he learned that the money doesn’t follow the children wherever they reside?

He’s going to try and get the older boys to say they want to live with him.
What a foolish move! Not sure who thought of this plan-the lawyer who loves to hear himself talk or the client who thinks so highly of himself that he believes the pending charges of disposing of evidence of the murder of his wife are going to be overlooked by a judge already well-familiar with FD's efforts to get his kids to commit perjury on his behalf. He is truly delusional.

Of course, it also raises the question of whether FD has once again violated a pesky court order he disagrees with. Just how does he know the boys want to be with him? Inquiring minds want to know...

With each motion FD now files, the public now knows what a sociopath this man is! "When someone shows you who they are, believe them."-Maya Angelou

He is just picking up where he left off-he did this to JD, and now he’s doing it to her mother. This is what he does to women who don’t cooperate with him. They should be able to determine whether or not FD or one of his “agents” have contacted those children. The only way they could have, is by phone, email or some type of social media, and there would be a trail. These kids aren’t going anywhere, IMO, even if the kids do say they want to live with their sperm donor (can’t call him father, because FD isn’t concerned about them). And as far as whether or not he can afford to raise them, well, we know where he expected to get the money to do that. I can’t imagine that any responsible person would place these kids with a man who’s suspected of murdering his wife, and is soon to be homeless-and can only afford to feed himself, nevermind his kids, with the trust fund his kids get.
Of course, the next motion would be for GF to pay for the boys' support because their sperm donor is indigent. The hubris of this man (and his sleazy lawyers) is unbelievable.

I make it my practice not to engage in lawyer bashing because I know many outstanding, ethical, criminal defenders, who are some of the best lawyers practicing in my circuit. The lawyers in this case, however, have engaged in some of the most unethical, unprofessional conduct I have ever witnessed. Accordingly, I have no problem pointing out that their conduct is NOT consistent with their ethical obligations.

The "guiding hand of counsel", which is a crucial role to the adequate representation of a client, is certainly missing here. The inmate is in charge of the asylum and I think the judge in the divorce case knows it. Look for this latest filing to produce major consequences for FD and his counsel. Giving custody to the prime suspect in a first degree murder investigation? I think not.

Of course, since the judge has already decided the custody issue, FD is just showing us ONCE AGAIN that he has utter contempt for our justice system. Let's hope the folks who work within that system return the favor soon.

What a foolish move! Not sure who thought of this plan-the lawyer who loves to hear himself talk or the client who thinks so highly of himself that he believes the pending charges of disposing of evidence of the murder of his wife are going to be overlooked by a judge already well-familiar with FD's efforts to get his kids to commit perjury on his behalf. He is truly delusional.

Of course, it also raises the question of whether FD has once again violated a pesky court order he disagrees with. Just how does he know the boys want to be with him? Inquiring minds want to know...

With each motion FD now files, the public now knows what a sociopath this man is! "When someone shows you who they are, believe them."-Maya Angelou

It shouldn’t be hard to prove, if he has been in some form of contact with the children, IMO. I think eventually this will all come out. I am sure all GF has to do is take their phones and Ipads and do a quick look. It seems to me that the recent motion made regarding the possibility of contact by FD’s side says (to me, at least) that there has been attempts, and possibly some successful contact by people close to FD. I am glad that this issue was raised when it was, hereby possibly deflecting any request to relocate those two boys with FD. This really is ridiculous, and I cannot believe the state of Ct may actually entertain sticking GF with the costs of a GAL, as well as another lawyer for them, AND the possibility of placing the kids with him, on her dime. The authorities really need to put this together and get FD arrested and charged with the murder that we all are sure he committed. At least then, GF won’t have to worry that there will be some crazy decision made to place the two 13 year olds with their maniac sperm donor.

I don’t like this AT ALL. How would FD’s lawyers “know” this? Are they sending messages? And I cannot think that anyone would think it would be wise for kids to be with or around FD—the totality of his actions are so appalling. MOO.
I have suspicion that somebody is contacting them somehow (and it's all to the benefit of FD of why this person(s) is contacting them. We know he doesn't follow directions/orders very well and always seems to find a way around things. JMO

With each motion FD now files, the public now knows what a sociopath this man is! "When someone shows you who they are, believe them."-Maya Angelo [BBM]

Such a wonderful quote from Maya Angelo! Personal Favorite!

To follow through on the Angelo quote I'm just bringing back an oldie but goodie media report from NYP as I think in a single article it covers who Fotis/FO/Doofus really is and even though I am no fan of Judge Heller I have to believe and have faith that even she will see through the latest legal shenanigans! The article is also helpful because the quotes were from JD herself or her friends.

https://nypost.com/2019/06/22/lawye...orchestrated-her-own-gone-girl-disappearance/

Quotes from article:
"Jennifer Dulos “was afraid for her life” before she went missing, a friend told The Post".

"The mom of five was a “nervous wreck” after filing for divorce from Fotis Dulos, her husband of 13 years, in June of 2017. “She knew how enraged he was that she took this step,” the friend said".

"In an email to her friend that summer, Jennifer expressed relief after successfully lobbying for a court-appointed guardian to get involved in her custody battle".

“I tell myself to breathe easier, even in times of conflict and uncertainty,” Jennifer wrote".

"Now it’s a seemingly endless period of uncertainty for those close to the 50-year-old mom, who was last seen on May 24 after dropping her kids off at school in New Canaan, Conn. — where she had rented a home after leaving Fotis".

"She was reported missing that night. Investigators found Jennifer’s bloodstains in her garage and determined she was the victim of a “serious physical assault.”

"The friend remains immensely concerned about what Jennifer’s husband might have done".

“She said he was verbally abusive and maniacal and implied that he was physically abusive, too.

"Friends and court documents from Jennifer and Fotis’ divorce proceedings paint a portrait of a potentially dangerous man".

"A classmate of Jennifer’s from Brown University, where both she and Fotis studied, saw Jennifer for lunch a year ago and said she expressed concern that Fotis — who Jennifer said had a Greek passport — would “abscond with the kids.”

"In a motion seeking custody of their children, now ages 8 to 13, Jennifer wrote: “I know that filing for divorce, and filing this motion will enrage [Fotis]. I know he will retaliate by trying to harm me in some way . . . During the course of our marriage, he told me about sickening revenge fantasies and plans to cause physical harm to others who have wronged him.”

"She said Fotis had recently smuggled a handgun from Florida and that he spoke of flying a plane over an ex-client’s home and dropping a brick on it".

I am terrified for my family’s safety,” Jennifer wrote in court documents. “Especially since discovering the gun, since my husband has a history of controlling, volatile and delusional behavior.”

"Jennifer added that when she confronted Fotis about the gun, he became “enraged” and “trapped her in a bedroom, physically intimidating her.”

"Jennifer also wrote that her estranged husband threatened to take two of their kids to Argentina, where Michelle’s ex owns a resort, and hide out on the slopes — “where everyone wears masks every day and are indistinguishable from one another.”

"In her suit, Jennifer alleged that in April 2017 her husband told her that Michelle and her 10-year-old daughter would be moving into the Farmington, Conn., home he and Jennifer had shared".

“He informed me that our children and I will continue to reside in the marital home every weekend and during the summer, so that we all (his paramour and her daughter included) would be together,” Jennifer said in her affidavit.

"The friend said Jennifer “was horrified at the idea of her kids having to be in a situation where they were cohabitating with Michelle’s daughter.”

[BBM]
MOO

It shouldn’t be hard to prove, if he has been in some form of contact with the children, IMO. I think eventually this will all come out. I am sure all GF has to do is take their phones and Ipads and do a quick look. It seems to me that the recent motion made regarding the possibility of contact by FD’s side says (to me, at least) that there has been attempts, and possibly some successful contact by people close to FD. I am glad that this issue was raised when it was, hereby possibly deflecting any request to relocate those two boys with FD. This really is ridiculous, and I cannot believe the state of Ct may actually entertain sticking GF with the costs of a GAL, as well as another lawyer for them, AND the possibility of placing the kids with him, on her dime. The authorities really need to put this together and get FD arrested and charged with the murder that we all are sure he committed. At least then, GF won’t have to worry that there will be some crazy decision made to place the two 13 year olds with their maniac sperm donor.

Either FD or his relatives have been in contact with the kiddos....or even MT's daughter....There are MANY secret sites with messages that disappear. I'm not sure that there is any way to track all of them.

And, we need to be realistic...these early teens have had their lives drastically changed at a challenging moment in their development. If their physical and mental opportunities have been limited this summer, they must be restless. The idea of freedom with the "fly-by, fun" father certainly may have a charm and appeal to them, especially if they've received messages from others that FD is innocent and being persecuted by GF and LE. AND, I'm sure that whoever is communicating with them has told them to not share that fact with anyone else.

Here's an article that includes numerous ways that teens can use their ipads, phones, etc., some secretly. The article also discusses why parents should be concerned.
18 Social Media Apps and Sites Kids Are Using Right Now

The courts will have a difficult time denying parental rights to visitation, etc., while FD is accused but not convicted of a crime I'm afraid. Hopefully the system will work in favor of the long-term needs of the children.

IMO, MOO

Yes! I so agree!

Found some good info on the State of CT website on what the atty for the children would do Family Matters FAQs - CT Judicial Branch:

Attorney for the Minor Child
1. What is an Attorney for a Minor Child (AMC)?
An attorney for a minor child, often referred to as an AMC and also called Counsel for the Minor Child is an individual the court appoints, either upon motion of a party or when the court determines an AMC is necessary to advocate for the best interests of the child. The court will consider the appointment of an AMC if the parties are unable to resolve a parenting or child related dispute. The AMC’s role is different from that of a guardian ad litem (GAL). The AMC represents the child’s legal interests and supports the child’s best interests, while the GAL represents only the child’s best interests.

2. Who can be an AMC?
Only an attorney who has completed the comprehensive training program required by Practice Book Section 25-62, which is sponsored by the Judicial Branch, is eligible to be an AMC. The AMC cannot be the same attorney that is representing either of the parents.

3. What is the role of an AMC?
In cases where the parties are unable to agree on a parenting plan or there is a child related dispute, the court may appoint an AMC to be the child’s attorney. The court will specify the role of the AMC in each case. Just as the parents may have their own attorneys advocating on their behalf, the AMC represents the child’s wishes and advocates on the child’s behalf. The AMC can speak in court on all matters pertaining to the interests of the child including custody, care, support, education and visitation. The AMC can also file motions and call witnesses on behalf of the child in court. Unlike a GAL, an AMC does not testify as a witness, but participates fully as a lawyer in the case.

4. What can a parent in a family court matter expect from an AMC?
The AMC is expected to avoid any conflict of interest, be courteous and professional and act in good faith. An AMC is bound by the Rules of Professional Conduct governing attorneys in Connecticut. The client, however, is not either of the parents, but the child. The AMC’s duty is to the child, and the parents should not expect the AMC to advocate or argue on their behalf.

5. Who pays the AMC?
The parties to the case pay the fees for the AMC. Each party is required to submit a financial affidavit to the court. The court will consider each party’s financial situation and order how such payment is to be split between them. In some cases, the parties may qualify for the appointment of an AMC that is paid for by the state. The parties must submit their financial affidavits to the court for review. If the parties meet the eligibility requirements of the Division of Public Defender Services, the court will appoint an AMC who is paid for by the state.[BBM]

Code of Conduct for Attorney for the Minor Child and Guardian ad Litem, which is available on this website.

Could this be a ploy to get LE to show their hand?

Surely, LE is keeping tabs on Family Court and would go ahead and bring charges against FO that would either put FO in Bridgeport Correctional and/or prevent Judge Heller from allowing this Obvious ploy?

MOO MOO MOO until the cows come home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members