TX - Elizabeth Barraza, 29, murdered setting up garage sale, Harris County, Jan 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it possible to obtain Liz' autopsy report? I wonder if she had recently become pregnant.

I believe in Texas that you just need to contact the ME's office of the county in order to obtain a copy of an autopsy report. I'm unsure as to whether you can access online or if you would need to put in a request and have a hard copy mailed out to you.

That’s awesome news! Now I wonder what the warrant is for, who, and when it will be served? Are warrants public info in Houston?

I am wondering if it is telling that her father is the one in the story, not her husband?

From the article:

Detectives say they are waiting on results of a warrant that they hope will break the case.

Barraza's father stayed in close contact with the detective on the case, and says he's confident the case will soon be solved.

"One of the messages that he wanted us to put out there is that he is still very actively investigating this case and right now he's waiting the results of a warrant that he thinks could possibly break the case," Barraza's father Bob Nuelle said.
If they are waiting for the warrant results then its not something an officer can execute- so its for someone's electronic something; like cell phone records, location history, GPS records, tower dump, email account etc...

what is that?
501st Legion

a quick search gave me this.

"501st Legion" is also the name of a fan costuming organization formed in 1997 by Albin Johnson and Tom Crews. The group originally intended to re-create accurate stormtrooper costumes but has expanded to include Sith Lords, bounty hunters and other villains from the film series, encompassing EU source material as well as canonical ones. The group goes under the nickname, "Vader's Fist", and was the inspiration for George Lucas to reference the organization in official Star Wars canon. The group actively does charity and volunteer work for a number of organizations, and currently consists of over 10,000 members worldwide.

They're really good at making replica costumes from scratch and they do a lot of charity work.

I'm glad you asked them. I hope the detectives and news media know how many people are watching this case.

Why don't we try to go over again the possible theory that it was someone who was trying to stop Liz from winning the costume awards? I don't know much about that and that isn't my gut theory, but it is a possibility.

Detectives could be aware of anyone who has that kind of motive because those people would be known as people who want to be recognized for this in the 501st Legion group. And Sergio has stated that Liz was very excited about submitting a costume in something that was on the horizon.

Also I'm getting the impression that not just anyone can be a member of the 501st Legion. Does anyone know the process or what is involved in being a member?

Like all of us I want to keep this conversation going. Every day I am looking several times a day to see if there has been an arrest.

I'm glad you asked them. I hope the detectives and news media know how many people are watching this case.

Why don't we try to go over again the possible theory that it was someone who was trying to stop Liz from winning the costume awards? I don't know much about that and that isn't my gut theory, but it is a possibility.

Detectives could be aware of anyone who has that kind of motive because those people would be known as people who want to be recognized for this in the 501st Legion group. And Sergio has stated that Liz was very excited about submitting a costume in something that was on the horizon.

Also I'm getting the impression that not just anyone can be a member of the 501st Legion. Does anyone know the process or what is involved in being a member?

Like all of us I want to keep this conversation going. Every day I am looking several times a day to see if there has been an arrest.

My total guess, and this is obviously completely just my amateur opinion, is that the perp is someone they were remotely acquainted with through their star wars group(s). That person took a dislike to them for whatever reason and enacted some revenge. This person is highly disturbed and probably has paranoid delusions. I am guessing that when the perp is caught and Sergio learns the name, he will react with WTH? The person probably never even blipped on his radar. Just my guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam