Found Deceased Malaysia - Nora Quoirin, 15, from UK, special needs, missing on vacation, Seremban, 4 Aug 2019 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tropical Rainforest Resort | the Dusun

This is the website for the Dusun. It explains they do trips to the waterfall and total time to get there is 1 hrs 20 minutes

This has possibly been posted before but I found it useful info to visualise the area.

This is from the FAQ section on the website, which may be out of date, but seems to indicate a maximum of 2 children.

"You will receive 2 emails, the first requesting payment with food menu attached. The second a confirmation after payment is made.

Please do not add children to your booking search. Our booking system does not allow children, but we do. Please let us know by email if you are bringing children. Children stay free.
What time is check-in and check-out?
Check in is 2pm, check out is 12 noon.

Are children allowed?
Yes, but do not include children when you book. Instead, reply to the booking email letting us know how many children you have. Each house is limited to 2 children if you have maximum capacity adults."

There were three children altogether I understand.
Yes, it says it is limited to 2 children IF you have maximum capacity adults. I'm assuming it's according to how many beds there are?
I think I read they had 2 beds in the Master bedroom, one queen and one single, and maybe the same in the loft.
Maybe the girls shared the larger bed.
Imo

Yes, it says it is limited to 2 children IF you have maximum capacity adults. I'm assuming it's according to how many beds there are?
I think I read they had 2 beds in the Master bedroom, one queen and one single, and maybe the same in the loft.
Maybe the girls shared the larger bed.
Imo
I've since noticed they have a map of the houses with figures under presumably meaning max capacity number of adults.

Map of the Dusun - The Dusun

Last edited:
Bless them for making an effort
Yes, from the beginning Malaysian police were conducting a parallel criminal investigation, at least that's what the family was told directly.

They were investigating the fingerprints, pedophiles in the area, and said they were going to use cell phone triangulation to determine who was in the area at the time Nora went missing.

I don't know why reporters said they "admitted" they were continuing the investigation, as they have never indicated they were not.

Why would they close the case when they haven't even received all the test results back yet? That would be irresponsible, (and very unusual) and they have been nothing but professional throughout the entire investigation. Imo

I've since noticed they have a map of the houses with figures under presumably meaning max capacity number of adults.

Map of the Dusun - The Dusun
Oh, wow, thanks. I know that was posted at some point but I can never figure out how to find anything again.
I still can't tell from the pictures why some have said the living room was open to the outside. It looks like everything can be closed up at night. Or if not, they must have had mosquito nets or something to keep insects out. I can't imagine it being wide open to the outside. Imo

Oh, wow, thanks. I know that was posted at some point but I can never figure out how to find anything again.
I still can't tell from the pictures why some have said the living room was open to the outside. It looks like everything can be closed up at night. Or if not, they must have had mosquito nets or something to keep insects out. I can't imagine it being wide open to the outside. Imo

The deck connects to the living room and is wide open. Try seeing a photo of it this way:

In google images type:
“the sora house living room view from the master’s room”

The first pic that comes up for me shows the openness.

The deck connects to the living room and is wide open. Try seeing a photo of it this way:

In google images type:
“the sora house living room view from the master’s room”

The first pic that comes up for me shows the openness.
Thanks, those are the best pictures I've seen.
In another picture, you can see about how far down to the ground it is. It looks at least six feet down or more.
So now I can see how someone would not have easily entered or left that way. Imo

This link Jax provided has photos. If you scroll thru I think the pic of the loft bedroom shows the window with shutters. The downstairs looks like the bedroom can be shut off.
Yes, I can see the wooden doors in the bedroom. I still wonder if they had mosquito nets for the evening. I would think there would be a lot of insects flying in.
I get mosquitos in my house just from my daughter and her friends opening the door at night and it drives me crazy.

ETA I guess it's sufficient to just have the mosquito net around the beds.

Last edited:

I read on TA reviews it was open to the outside. I think most of the houses are to fit in with the back to nature environment.

I read on TA reviews it was open to the outside. I think most of the houses are to fit in with the back to nature environment.
Yes, of course, but it was the idea that Nora could have just left that way instead of opening and climbing out the window that was discussed. All of the house have views and one had a lot of glass.
Some didn't understand why she would not not have just gone out through the living room.
But now I can see why she would not have been able to do that easily. There is a railing and it would be a long jump down to the ground. Imo

Yes, of course, but it was the idea that Nora could have just left that way instead of opening and climbing out the window that was discussed. All of the house have views and one had a lot of glass.
Some didn't understand why she would not not have just gone out through the living room.
But now I can see why she would not have been able to do that easily. There is a railing and it would be a long jump down to the ground. Imo
I think the pics show there are stairs down from the open loft bedroom to the downstairs living area then doors to the main downstairs bedroom. So she could have come straight down the stairs and outside, past the parents bedroom, it looks like to me. MOO

I think the pics show there are stairs down from the open loft bedroom to the downstairs living area then doors to the main downstairs bedroom. So she could have come straight down the stairs and outside, past the parents bedroom, it looks like to me. MOO
Yeah, the window is right at the bottom of the stairs, as if she just walked down the stairs and went straight to the window and climbed out.
It just seems so strange.

Sleepwalked out?
Well, some have suggested that.
There has been no mention of Nora taking any medication, or having any history of sleepwalking, but I guess you never know.
I would think if her mom said she never would have been able to open or climb out the window, it would be even harder in your sleep. Imo

Yes, I can see the wooden doors in the bedroom. I still wonder if they had mosquito nets for the evening. I would think there would be a lot of insects flying in.
I get mosquitos in my house just from my daughter and her friends opening the door at night and it drives me crazy.

ETA I guess it's sufficient to just have the mosquito net around the beds.
I was just reading about that in this review of the Soro house, regarding insects, says they have plenty of them :) . According to this article they don't have mosquito netting, but some kind of repellants?
It's such a beautiful place but I believe the insects would rule it out for me, LOL.
Into the jungle at The Dusun, Seremban - Happy Go KL

Well, some have suggested that.
There has been no mention of Nora taking any medication, or having any history of sleepwalking, but I guess you never know.
I would think if her mom said she never would have been able to open or climb out the window, it would be even harder in your sleep. Imo
Well people have done some really bizarre things under the effects of Ambien and other similar drugs. Surely she wouldn't have been taking anything like that though, given her condition. Still, has me thinking....

What I think JMO is that 2 little girls woke up together early on the first day of their holiday and excitedly snuk out of the window at first light to play in the little playground right next to Sora House. Their parents were probably still asleep in the bedroom which was separated from any view of them by sliding doors. One little girl went back in, one slightly bigger girl wandered off. It was mentioned that the parents would not let the Malaysian police interview the children. Reasonable theory or not?

What I think JMO is that 2 little girls woke up together early on the first day of their holiday and excitedly snuk out of the window at first light to play in the little playground right next to Sora House. Their parents were probably still asleep in the bedroom which was separated from any view of them by sliding doors. One little girl went back in, one slightly bigger girl wandered off. It was mentioned that the parents would not let the Malaysian police interview the children. Reasonable theory or not?
I think it's a possibility. I don't think N left the house by herself. I wonder too why the parents didn't allow the children to be interviewed - I believe one of them is around 12 years old - not really that young not to be interviewed, if that was the reason. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alissa000ag