Canada - Lucas Fowler, Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #17

Status
Not open for further replies.
First off, great find! Did you mean Fairview, Alberta? That's what it says on the poster. Also, looking at it on Google Maps, it appears as though they could have driven back up to Dease Lake on Friday got on Highway 97, taking them past where Deese and Fowler were found and driven 97 all the way to Fairview. Crazy. All that backtracking is very spooky albeit, kind of depressing. I'm purely speculating. They could have just as well taken a different route but it caught my attention. Judging by time frames and sun angle I want to take a guess and say those photos were shot on Saturday afternoon?

Ah! Sorry. Fairview. I’ll edit the post, thanks for pointing that out :)

Ironically it was the burning vehicle that brought immediate attention to their disappearance. If they were looking to buy time they could’ve driven to a private campground, paid a few days fee and nobody would’ve been the wiser they were long gone and the next camping fee was due. Or just parked in the bush, until somebody noticed and reported the truck and camper abandoned, it would’ve went unnoticed. Smoke and fire is guaranteed to create attention at some point in time and a vehicle burning in the bush would not just burn itself out without spreading to adjacent areas. That’s just the nature of fire and why wood is well known to be used in campfires.
SBM

I've personally wondered when they would have been reported missing if it hadn't been for the burning truck. Like, at what point either Kam's family or Bryer's family would have contacted the RCMP after not hearing from them for several days. MOO

Not sure if this has been shared already, but I think I saw someone asking about why they hadn’t been spotted in gas stations en route? Apparently, these photos of Kam were taken at Abasand Esso in Fort Mcmurry, Alberta

EDIT: oops, Fairview, not Fort Mcmurry!
That is great, gives a bit more info on their pathway and approximate timeline!

SBM

I've personally wondered when they would have been reported missing if it hadn't been for the burning truck. Like, at what point either Kam's family or Bryer's family would have contacted the RCMP after not hearing from them for several days. MOO

I imagine it would have been at least 1-2 weeks given the lack of service in that area.

That roof rack doesn't look like the Rav4 in Gillam. Note the stripes on the spare tire? I realize the image is poor, but is this the same vehicle? Why no photo of Bryer?

Striped vehicle...hmm.

I agree. I did not link it here, but you can easily Google Prof Dyck's Rav4 and see that the side windows near the back of his vehicle look completely different from the windows on this vehicle, which looks like it could be a Rav4, but probably a more recent year. I am pretty comfortable saying it is not Prof Dyck's Rav4, which then, imo, makes it less likely that the person seen standing by it is KM, especially since we do not see BS in the photo at all. I cannot rule out that it is KM, because it does look like him, but my gut says it may not be, all things considered. JMO

Last edited:
I suspect if this had happened in an earlier decade, before dashcams and video surveillance and DNA were a thing, this may very well have been unsolved, simply because there would be nothing to place these two at the crime. MOO

Hum, not sure about that. Their burned truck + LD's burned SUV + being seen driving LD's SUV would have been pretty good clues for starters. Ballistic results would confirm the suspects were indeed the killers. The video in the store only proves that they were in the store at that particular time and date. It proves nothing else.
DNA, by the way, has been a thing for way longer than a decade.

Not sure if this has been shared already, but I think I saw someone asking about why they hadn’t been spotted in gas stations en route? Apparently, these photos of Kam were taken at Abasand Esso in Fort Mcmurry, Alberta

This was circulated before in a media article (or there is a link here somewhere) but I don’t believe we discussed the Fairview sighting. Looks like KM was driving at the time. Thanks for bringing this up!

I agree. I did not link it here, but you can easily Google Prof Dyck's Rav4 and see that the windows on his vehicle are completely different from the windows on this vehicle, which looks like it could be a Rav4, but probably a more recent year. I am pretty comfortable saying it is not Prof Dyck's Rav4, which then, imo, makes it less likely that the person seen standing by it is KM, especially since we do not see BS in the photo at all. I cannot rule out that it is KM, but my gut says it may not be, all things considered. JMO

The photo on the left does look like Kam, though. Very odd about the vehicle.

Manhunt suspects previously spotted in Fairview: RCMP

“Alberta RCMP has confirmed the two men wanted in a Canada-wide manhunt were spotted at a Fairview gas station on July 20th.”

“However, mounties say the sighting was not reported to police for several days. it came one day after the burned-out vehicle belonging to Schmegelsky and McLeod was found south of Dease Lake, British Columbia,”

“The two men were not announced as suspects in either of the homicides until July 23rd. This is now the second confirmed sighting of the two in the province of Alberta, as Cold Lake RCMP also confirmed the two spent time in the area.”

Hum, not sure about that. Their burned truck + LD's burned SUV + being seen driving LD's SUV would have been pretty good clues for starters. Ballistic results would confirm the suspects were indeed the killers. The video in the store only proves that they were in the store at that particular time and date. It proves nothing else.
DNA, by the way, has been a thing for way longer than a decade.
BBM

I'm aware of that--that's why I said "an earlier decade" and not just the past decade.

Poulet it is. I wonder if there's a pattern in the routes taken here: Walmarts, Esso stations and favorite foods, wherever possible.

It’s so cocky of them. Pun not intended but I’m not changing it now!

Maybe they have an Esso gas card? Maybe butter chicken businesses are typically across from gas stations? It’s weird.

So I have to put this story back up about the Thompson Manitoba butter chicken fire. The guys shoes look like he threw them on in a rush or they don’t belong to him. Clean shaven too. Can’t trust the height marker with the angle.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/arson-business-manitoba-thompson-1.5217858

Not to rain on your parade but do you have a MSM link to that? I don't think we can post inside info like that without a link to it's source.

I think the motivation for starting the first fire was a combination of "It'll be cool!" and "Maybe they'll think we're dead in the fire?"

I think the motivation for the second fire was "Why not? We already know how."

So if they were thought to be dead in the fire, the search would end without recovering the bodies?

They burned the 2nd car because they knew how? Who doesn't know how to burn a car???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson