Found Deceased KY - Gabriella Doolin, 7, Allen Co., 14 Nov 2015 #2 *Pled Not Guilty, rec'd Life Sentence*

KY - Gabrille Doolin

Timothy Madden pleads guilty to the murder of Gabbi Doolin

SCOTTSVILLE, Ky. (WBKO) - The Scottsville man accused of killing and raping a 7-year-old girl in 2015 has pleaded guilty to her murder and kidnapping and entered an alford plea for rape and sodomy.
[.....]
Timothy Madden appeared in Allen Circuit Court Saturday before Judge Janet Crocker.

"He additionally entered what is called an Alford plea, to counts two and three which means that he agreed that the Commonwealth had enough evidence to convict him, but he did not agree that he committed the act of count two and three which is the rape and the sodomy charges," Griffiths said.

Madden entered an Alford plea to the charges of rape and sodomy. An Alford plea is a plea "under which a defendant may choose to plead guilty, not because of an admission to the crime, but because the prosecutor has sufficient evidence to place a charge and to obtain conviction in court."
[.....]
Sentencing is scheduled for October 24 and 25.

The plea proposes a sentence of life in prison without the possibility of parole.

Update in red!

Saturday, August 24th:

*Pretrial Conference Hearing (@ am ET) - KY – Gabriella “Gabbi” Corrine Doolin (7) (Nov. 14, 2015, Scottsdale) – *Timothy W. Madden (38) arrested (11/20/15), charged & arraigned (11/23/15) & indicted (1/13/16) on 1st degree murder, kidnapping, 1st degree rape, & 1st degree sodomy. Plead not guilty. No bond. DA will seek DP.
Trial was set to start 9/4/19 with jury selection to last 2 weeks. Trial will take about a month. Allen County to Hardin County.
Court hearings from 8/2/18 thru 6/7/19 reference post #701 here:
Found Deceased - KY - Gabriella Doolin, 7, Allen County, 14 Nov 2015 #2 *Arrest*

7/24/19 Update: Pretrial conference hearing held. Madden to undergo another competency hearing on 8/1. Jury orientation on 8/7, pretrial conference hearing also on 8/7, pretrial conference hearing 8/24 all in Allen County & final pretrial hearing on 8/30 in Hardin County. Trial starts on 9/4/19 in Hardin County.
8/7/19 Update: Allen Circuit Judge Janet Crocker said 146 Hardin County residents have been summoned as potential jurors for this case. Jury selection will entail individual questioning of each juror to determine whether they are able to consider the death penalty as a possible punishment. A jury of 14 people, including two alternate jurors. After the hearing, Morgan said he anticipated jury selection would take about a week. Next final pretrial hearing on 8/24.

8/24/19 Update: plead guilty to her murder and kidnapping and entered an Alford plea for rape and sodomy. Additionally entered what is called an Alford plea, to counts two and three which means that he agreed that the Commonwealth had enough evidence to convict him, but he did not agree that he committed the act of count two and three which is the rape and the sodomy charges. Sentencing is scheduled for October 24 and 25. The plea proposes a sentence of life in prison without the possibility of parole.

Posting this so I can shortened it up! :)

He raped and killed Gabby in mere minutes, yet he took this long to end things. What a loser. I despise this monster.
After 4 years of letting Gabbys family suffer waiting for the trial to start. Delay after delay and he decides to take an Alford plea the chicken way out.

Granted the family will not endure the horrific details of Gabbys murder during a trial. I just pray that her family is at peace with this deal for the defendant. imo

After 4 years of letting Gabbys family suffer waiting for the trial to start. Delay after delay and he decides to take an Alford plea the chicken way out.

Granted the family will not endure the horrific details of Gabbys murder during a trial. I just pray that her family is at peace with this deal for the defendant. imo
As long as he gets LWOP and there is indeed NO PAROLE, I guess her family will accept it as the toughest punishment he can be given. October can't come soon enuff for them. Or for us here...

The first time I read the article all I saw was Alford plea and assumed it was all encompassing. So he pleaded guilty to kidnapping her and murdering her but won’t admit to the rape and sodomy? It doesn’t take a genius to figure this one out no matter what the official plea deal is. He will leave prison in a casket.

Really curious as to how his wife feels about that plea. I mean, since he's not the kind of guy that would do something like that and all.
bbm
Same here -- maybe she knew him better than she would admit to the public or her friends.
She must have had a feeling about him possibly/probably having done this horror; the DP was on the table; and maybe she thought he didn't have a good alibi, so... his chances of getting out of this must have looked slim to her.

Or maybe she knows what a slimeball he is, maybe she saw him do something at home that looked suspicious (hiding/burning evidence, etc.)and just really couldn't fully support or believe him in this sad, sad situation.

Maybe she was afraid of him being at home any longer, knowing she couldn't trust him not to do something else horrible to another person.
I just can't see him as a good, family man somehow.

Last edited:
KY - Gabrille Doolin

SCOTTSVILLE, Ky. (WBKO) - The Scottsville man accused of killing and raping a 7-year-old girl in 2015 has pleaded guilty to her murder and kidnapping and entered an alford plea for rape and sodomy.
[.....]
Timothy Madden appeared in Allen Circuit Court Saturday before Judge Janet Crocker.

"He additionally entered what is called an Alford plea, to counts two and three which means that he agreed that the Commonwealth had enough evidence to convict him, but he did not agree that he committed the act of count two and three which is the rape and the sodomy charges," Griffiths said.

Madden entered an Alford plea to the charges of rape and sodomy. An Alford plea is a plea "under which a defendant may choose to plead guilty, not because of an admission to the crime, but because the prosecutor has sufficient evidence to place a charge and to obtain conviction in court."
[.....]

The plea proposes a sentence of life in prison without the possibility of parole.

This is one of those cases that will forever haunt me. I cringe when seeing all the kids running around, sometimes going back and forth to the concession stand, while their parents sit on the bleachers watching a ball game. Back in the day, there was even a playground behind the bleachers where the younger kids would go play away from the parents.

Glad that he finally pleaded guilty to the kidnapping and murder. Is this Alford plea already agreed upon before he admitted guilt or can the prosecutor or Judge not accept it and demand a trial?

Why wait a whole two whole months before the sentencing? What's to stop him from committing suicide or something?

This is one of those cases that will forever haunt me. I cringe when seeing all the kids running around, sometimes going back and forth to the concession stand, while their parents sit on the bleachers watching a ball game. Back in the day, there was even a playground behind the bleachers where the younger kids would go play away from the parents.

Glad that he finally pleaded guilty to the kidnapping and murder. Is this Alford plea already agreed upon before he admitted guilt or can the prosecutor or Judge not accept it and demand a trial?

Why wait a whole two whole months before the sentencing? What's to stop him from committing suicide or something?
The prosecutor had to agree to it and may have even proposed it. The Judge goes with what the prosecution recommends 99% of the time. They normally take a couple of months because they do sentencing reports and mitigation reports for the Judge to read before the actual sentencing hearing.

Some states defer sentencing for a few weeks -- I don't know why -- maybe for the judge to confer with the other principals, or perhaps for the judge to do legal research into what the sentences should be. It may be just the way the state court system has decided to do things, scheduling- and calendar-wise.
He will still be sentenced for the crimes committed under the Alford Plea, so nothing has been lost there, as far as I can tell. He's in a deep, deep hole and will probably never see the light of day again, STS.

snipped for space....
KY - Gabrille Doolin

[.....]

A sentencing hearing has been scheduled to start Oct. 23.
https://wcluradio.com/madden-pleads-guilty-in-doolin-murder-case/

Now wondering "which" article is correct....

@?mysterian? - can you check Kentucky court site?
Allen County #15-CR-00129

TIA!

snipped for space....

Now wondering "which" article is correct....

@?mysterian? - can you check Kentucky court site?
Allen County #15-CR-00129

TIA!

Hey, Niner!

I checked the KCOJ court website for both Allen and Hardin counties just now for Oct. 23 and Oct. 24 for both District and Circuit Courts. I found nothing for that court record you gave, nothing for Timothy Madden. I did see other cases on the dockets for those days, so I'm not sure why Timothy Madden isn't listed.

I guess we'll keep checking the court site for updates and hope that Oct. 23 is Madden's day of reckoning.

ETA: link to KCOJ court website. KCOJ Docket

I saw a post made by Mrs. Doolin on another site. She said she was fine with all of it. Alford means nothing to them- she way the DNA results and knew from the get go it was him, beyond a doubt. They do wish for the death sentence but life imprisonment. That settled my heart a lot. If they are accepting of this outcome, so will I.

On a different note- I saw a horrible twitter named Madden is innocent, with blatant lies about the case (and mispellings) It was obviously family. I politely corrected items I knew were being spread falsely. I was blocked immediately.Guess they fave up on that route. I do wonder where that leaves his wife and children. Sad all around.

"Timmy entered a guilty plea today because it was the right thing to do," said Madden's public defender Tom Griffiths. "The thought of what that trial would be like and the things that would need to be said with his family there, the things they would have to hear was not something he wanted them to be part of. He didn't want to put them through that."

Still, he does not want to give peace to the Doolin family. He is an awful monster. What he did he can Alford plea but the rest of us know the truth.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson
Back