GUILTY - Sidney Moorer RETRIAL for Kidnapping Heather Elvis, 9 Sept 2019 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe Sidney was in jail for his Obstruction of Justice, so he wasn't able to watch the trial in the witness room with the children. I think it was just Polly, the kids and some other man if I remember correctly. With the lack of any "plea" I feel like he thinks he is innocent and can get away with this regardless of what happened to the Mrs. during her trial .. September 9th cannot come soon enough!

Is September 9th the trial date?

The link won't let me access it - and the image you posted is a bit small to read anything on it. Probably doesn't have court date on there - does it? TIA! :)
Dangit! I posted the pic, hoping it would help, because I know some of you can't access these websites. I didn't expect it to be too small to read. Sorry about that. :( And no, it doesn't have the future court date; I think it's just a log of his movements as they happen. When I search the court dockets, I don't see anything for criminal jury trials prior to the week of Sept 16.

anyone see the announcement Horry County just made? They found skeletal remains off Robert Edge Pkwy. I know this isnt the right thread BUT do you think this will affect Sid's trial starting up soon?
Will the state want to wait to see if its her?

ETA link
Human remains found in lot off Robert Edge Pkwy

I'm betting they won't postpone his trial, but IANAL. If the remains are discovered to be HE, additional charges can always be brought against those with evidence against them, IMO.

So people here that are familiar with the streets & area around there - is it close to where her car was parked that the remains were found?

TIA! :)
I am pretty confident it is around 25 to 30 miles away. I believe closer to 30.

The thing is The Mrs. and Sidney used to brag about Heather and alligators. IMO. MOO. ( while he was employed and working at Margaritaville) Still only my opinion...maybe ;)

That's 14.5 miles from Longbeard's, a 17 minute drive. I've gotta quit this thought process as it could be anyone, which is still good. There's no mention of who found these remains either, but it is a holiday weekend & now in the path of Dorian. Just hoping it could be Heather.

So people here that are familiar with the streets & area around there - is it close to where her car was parked that the remains were found?

TIA! :)

I am pretty confident it is around 25 to 30 miles away. I believe closer to 30.
Yep, the shortest route between this area and PTL is 29 miles. Keep in mind, though, in the middle of the night in December, there's basically no traffic around the Grand Strand. And if some of our theories about Longbeard's are correct, that would be a really easy drive from there, up Hwy 31 to Robert Edge to that land (14.4 miles).

Hopefully "copy and paste" works here. Just wanted to show a visual of where these places are, in relation to each other, for those of you not from the area. The car icon is Peachtree Landing, where Heather's car was found. The martini glass icon is Longbeard's. The plus-sign icon is where the remains were just found, near the corner of Old Sanders Dr and Greenvillage Rd. HTH.

upload_2019-9-1_14-16-21.png

We would have to take a look back, but does anyone know if any cell phone pings were in that area???? And I know it's wishful thinking that the remains could be Heather (for her family's sake) but if someone talked about where to find her, would it show the trial to be postponed (if, say, there was a plea, etc ... ) whomever the remains are, hopefully someone is getting answers about a loved one

We would have to take a look back, but does anyone know if any cell phone pings were in that area???? And I know it's wishful thinking that the remains could be Heather (for her family's sake) but if someone talked about where to find her, would it show the trial to be postponed (if, say, there was a plea, etc ... ) whomever the remains are, hopefully someone is getting answers about a loved one

I remember we talked about a cell phone ping near Waccamaw Wildlife Refuge, but the body is not close to that. Anyone else? I've forgotten so much in this case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redeworker