OH OH - Tyler Davis, 29, Columbus, 24 February 2019 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Facebook Is Collecting User Audio, Paying Contractors To Transcribe It
If you have a few minutes, read this article
I don’t fully understand what it is saying, but then, I don’t use Facebook or any other audio based type assistance

Could TB have been talking to anyone or talking near a Facebook recording device that would have been recorded, unknown to him or others, and that conversation could now be retrieved by LE? This is far fetched, but something to think about.

maybe we need to think outside the box....there are so many things about this case we don't know.

Does anyone else find it strange that there has NEVER been EVEN ONE image released of Tyler caught on CCTV from that evening - not from the bars he supposedly visited, the hotel where he supposedly stayed, or the strip club they supposedly went to - all of which are known to have cameras?

I feel like there is something weird about this case but i can't put my finger on it, WHY has LE NEVER publicly commented about Tyler's disappearance?

I guess I'm still leaning towards unfortunate accident but I feel like he should have been found by now. The sheer amount of time since he went missing (3 months now) is making me feel more and more like something nefarious may have happened.

My biggest question, and pardon if I missed anything, I've been playing catch up for the past few days and am just now getting partially through thread #2. BUT.... Hypothetically, if it's my birthday and I'm out celebrating with my husband on one of the only nights I get kid-free - I'm doing my hair and makeup, dressing nice for a night out, and taking A TON OF PICTURES! Now, that could just be me, but even on the occasion I don't carry my phone along with me, there is always usually at least 1 of me and my fiance before we head out. It would have been really helpful to nail down his outfit, etc. on the night of his disappearance. Again, MOO and maybe they weren't big into pictures, but it seems this would be one of the occasions a year that you might. JMO but it's the biggest thing that has been driving me nuts, despite all the other inconsistencies.

Curious to thoughts on this or if I missed something?

This is out in left field but trying to think of all possibilities:

LE haven't been forthcoming with video, declined to speak with Dateline, have been generally tight-lipped. Aside from his wife early on, his parents and/or other family members have not been visible in the media or social media, either.

Could it be that he did leave willingly and at this point, they have no obligation to let the public know? An adult is allowed to leave and the police have never seemed to want to talk about this case.

This is out in left field but trying to think of all possibilities:

LE haven't been forthcoming with video, declined to speak with Dateline, have been generally tight-lipped. Aside from his wife early on, his parents and/or other family members have not been visible in the media or social media, either.

Could it be that he did leave willingly and at this point, they have no obligation to let the public know? An adult is allowed to leave and the police have never seemed to want to talk about this case.

I want to believe this only because at this point, it seems like the best possible outcome. I'm hesitant because there just seems to be so much information missing/left out and that the family has been pretty silent. As I referred to earlier, I find it odd there are no photos of them from that night and that LE hasn't released any footage from that night. If they wanted folks to be on the lookout, having a picture/video of the actual outfit he was wearing, etc. might help jog memories.

Where are you Tyler? :(

I want to believe this only because at this point, it seems like the best possible outcome. I'm hesitant because there just seems to be so much information missing/left out and that the family has been pretty silent. As I referred to earlier, I find it odd there are no photos of them from that night and that LE hasn't released any footage from that night. If they wanted folks to be on the lookout, having a picture/video of the actual outfit he was wearing, etc. might help jog memories.

Agree with you.

With no movement in the case, you would think the blanks would start to get filled in over time. Absolutely nothing from LE.

Either LE doesn't care, or releasing new information doesn't help them with the avenue they are pursuing, IMO.

It is possible for adults to leave voluntarily, but if this is the case there is often a statement that "closes" the case but provides no details.
However, because there is a child involved, if he chose to leave he would not be relieved of support just because he chooses to disappear. In fact, the state could pursue him, possibly criminally for non-support, if the state provides support to the child in his absence.

I am wondering if they think something happened to him before the hotel. Did we ever get a confirmation from the Uber driver that he was indeed in the car with the two of them?

How is this man eating, where is he living, how is he surviving? When he disappeared, he had nothing with him other than his clothes, phone and possibly his wallet. There would have been withdrawal statements of money if he had taken any out of their bank account, right? Where would he be working now?

Something just seems off to me about this- totally off. I really want to know if it was truly confirmed that he was in that Uber car, or even the place they went for her birthday.

It is possible for adults to leave voluntarily, but if this is the case there is often a statement that "closes" the case but provides no details.
However, because there is a child involved, if he chose to leave he would not be relieved of support just because he chooses to disappear. In fact, the state could pursue him, possibly criminally for non-support, if the state provides support to the child in his absence.
Look at the Nicholas Francisco case to see how it can happen. He had money stored away in other accounts so no one knew he had funds to go missing on.

You make some very good points, something I think I’d mentioned before, that if he left voluntarily he would be pursued, as in wanted, for child support.
I have to think there’s no evidence he left voluntarily, and his wife apparently doesn’t think so either.
Why? That’s the big Question mark, IMO.
This case has always seemed shady since the beginning, and it still does. IMO, there’s only a couple of people who hold the answers, it’s the wife and / or the so called friend, and / or possibly an accomplice. JMO

I wonder if LE has been so silent because they know/suspect what’s happened to Tyler, but need more evidence. I’m not ruling out an accident in a construction area. If he were to fall down in a deep hole, they could have covered him up when they filled it back in. They’d not even be aware he was there. It it’s a tight space and deep enough, you wouldn’t be able to see him from inside heavy equipment. I’ve pretty much came to this same conclusion with Brian Shaeffer (sorry if I’m spelling that wrong). It’s sad because they’ll likely never be uncovered. A building could be being built on top of any dozed dirt that may have covered him. I know it’s a small chance that this is what happened, but it seems as good an explanation as any without LE info. I wish we knew of any photos or cctv footage with him on it that night.
All jmo.

Why do you think this?

After the Jayme Closs case, where people thought LE was keeping things close to vest I doubt silence means they know more. In Jayme's case the suspect wasn't even on the radar.
And I'm also not convinced they have a lot in the Delphi case.
Here there is total silence. And personally I don't think they have anything.
Looking back on jayme’s case tho I do recall the sheriff going on some podcast or radio show and being honest saying they had absolutely no clue and really no direction to go in. Which we know was true.
But you’re right that LE will sometimes bend the truth and play mind games to mess with the perp, that does happen. But I guess my default is to generally believe LE, so when whichever detective is on Tyler’s case has said he does not want to comment and is keeping things close to the vest, I believe him. But MOO

What puzzles me is the lack of searches for Tyler!

Other missing cases, LE, SAR, helicopters are out, etc looking for the missing person.

In this case, they did I believe a very small search around the hotel, and that was it. What gives?

I would rather think that Tyler was alive and well and living off the grid somewhere til he's ready to face life again, but I just don't think so. Something is way way off........

What puzzles me is the lack of searches for Tyler!

Other missing cases, LE, SAR, helicopters are out, etc looking for the missing person.

In this case, they did I believe a very small search around the hotel, and that was it. What gives?

I would rather think that Tyler was alive and well and living off the grid somewhere til he's ready to face life again, but I just don't think so. Something is way way off........

There were two searches that I remember. Both were very organized, and had maps handed out to everyone, who would have been responsible for a specific area indicated on their map. It wasn't just around the hotel they were at either. If I remember, and correct me websleuthers if I'm wrong (we always do), but the search was from McCutcheon Ave. on the south to Morse on the north, and from I-270 on the east to Alum Creek to the west. I think they should have gone further to the south because he went in that direction, and would be more likely to get lost and get into trouble further south.

There were two searches that I remember. Both were very organized, and had maps handed out to everyone, who would have been responsible for a specific area indicated on their map. It wasn't just around the hotel they were at either. If I remember, and correct me websleuthers if I'm wrong (we always do), but the search was from McCutcheon Ave. on the south to Morse on the north, and from I-270 on the east to Alum Creek to the west. I think they should have gone further to the south because he went in that direction, and would be more likely to get lost and get into trouble further south.
Thank you and yes, I was aware of those. I am talking recent searches. He went missing when it was still snowing out, and there was enough snow from storms to temporarily cover a body. Spring came and went, nothing. Summer came and went, again, nothing. Now it's almost fall. This poor guy needs to be found.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow