Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #45

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bo's posted article published here as well ... it is an AAP article. Nothing independently written by our major MSM - yet - about the postponement.

The inquest into the disappearance of William Tyrrell has implored a mystery woman to come forward after a witness said he saw her driving away from the Kendall area with a small boy on the day the toddler vanished.

After Mr Chapman gave evidence on Wednesday, the counsel assisting the coroner, Gerard Craddock, made a plea for additional information.

"If there is a lady out there who was driving a ... car with a child in the car, we do want that person to come forward," he said.

Mr Craddock's request brought the inquest to a close for 2019. It's set to resume in March 2020.

Woman seen with child day Tyrrell taken
Maybe majors are seeking legal advice on what they can report?

Maybe majors are seeking legal advice on what they can report?

If that is the case, what is it that they are wanting to report?

Surely not just that the inquest has been postponed? I would think that there is no legality issue about reporting that info, it would be ridiculous for a Coroner to suppress that. imo

Does last statement match TJ's? Wondering.. I'll look into. Although goings on think coroner was waiting confirmation to proceed with cancellation. Having a no court day is weird given all the time wasted. Maybe DPP and Coroner met to compare info.

T
If that is the case, what is it that they are wanting to report?

Surely not just that the inquest has been postponed? I would think that there is no legality issue about reporting that info, it would be ridiculous for a Coroner to suppress that. imo
yeah that's where I am thinking something else other than what was posted. That is in public interest of justice.

Does last statement match TJ's? Wondering.. I'll look into. Although goings on think coroner was waiting confirmation to proceed with cancellation. Having a no court day is weird given all the time wasted. Maybe DPP and Coroner met to compare info.

Good point. A no court day - for an inquest that is way behind schedule - followed thereafter by a surprise inquest postponement.

Hmm ......

Mr Chapman States the blue car came around the corner on the wrong side the road with two wheels on the grass.

Unless these gutters were put up after 2014 it be impossible as the car would be air born as would hit the kerb on the corner and likely flipped over. If he saw this car I am sure he would have said it went up the kerb and not just the grass IMO. Siz Maps appears to also have kerb and it runs along the whole street.

Also states in the ABC article that he saw the car being driven away from Benaroon drive which again, no way. He has no view from his house front all the way to Benaroon. "When the Laurel Street resident went outside, he said he saw a boy "about three or four years old" being driven away from Benaroon Drive in a "fawn-coloured four-wheel drive".

Poor reporting maybe?

The left-hand side the road where Mr Chapman was standing, however, does not have a kerb in GM. It does have the road pickets though

'I definitely saw William': Witness says he saw boy in Spider-Man suit driven away

Mr Chapman told the inquest he saw a blue sedan close behind driven by a man, which was also travelling quickly, but on the wrong side of the road.

"He had virtually two wheels on the grass as he came around the corner on the wrong side of the road," he said.

When the Laurel Street resident went outside, he said he saw a boy "about three or four years old" being driven away from Benaroon Drive in a "fawn-coloured four-wheel drive".

upload_2019-8-28_17-53-57.png

upload_2019-8-28_18-5-15.png

Mr Chapman said he was walking to his mailbox about 10.45am when he saw a woman in a four-wheel drive driving so fast she almost lost control of the car around the corner
While the first vehicle was “driven by a woman, the second car was “driven by a man”.

Detective Beacroft said further investigations revealed that on the same morning, a mother and her two children were visiting a resident across the road and one of the children, a boy, had a Spider-Man suit.

However, she said the child Mr Chapman saw in the back seat of the car was not the child visiting the street.

“From the information provided by that child’s mother … it was not that child Mr Chapman saw,” Detective Beacroft said
Neighbour certain he saw William Tyrrell on day he disappeared

Well after Mr Chapmans detailed description the woman shouldnt be too hard to find, didnt she even have a bow on her head.
Wish we knew more about caravan lady, trying to remember what colour PS’s car was.
I guess he could have seen it happen and was chasing her.

Cc can I just ask if this photo of the 4WD is what was shown in court as what Mr Chapman actually saw ? After working with the Police to identify the car?

Sorry I have missed this car in earlier discussions??? So not sure where it originated...

It is quite amazing how people remember / describe colours as I would not use the word fawn to describe that colour ....

Not questioning your post or you just trying to work it out in my head with all the different cars ... thanks

My apologies Slouth, was catching up in my lunch break and seen the fawn colour 4wd mentioned and just quickly googled models in a fawn colour.

Wow, this info from Mr Chapman is really something. I sure hope police withheld it for strategic reasons because I don't want to believe that the investigation was bungled.

It looks like he told someone early on (the police officer's sister) and thought it had been passed on to police.

He also thought police were going to come door-knocking and when they didn't, maybe he thought they were already onto solving the case.

When you report something (or *think* you did) and hear nothing back from police, you don't think about reporting it again (IMO). That would've been why his sister encouraged him to try again.

Now, I wonder what local woman Katrina Cherry is going to say...

Appears that Ms Cherry is a friend of a victim in where TJ was convicted.

A friend of the victim’s family, Katrina Cherry, who was in court, said the sentence brought some relief: “There’s one less of him on the street.’’

Ms Cherry said she and Jones’ relatives had been questioned extensively by police investigating William Tyrrell’s disappearance.

We’re for Sydney | Daily Telegraph

He sure saw a lot of details as the vehicle went whizzing past!
Crazy-good observations and recollection.

You any good at finding a mapping from years ago?

That corner has gutters so I would like to know if gutters were there at the time as a car traveling at speed wrong side the road would be air born IMO

Mr Chapman States the blue car came around the corner on the wrong side the road with two wheels on the grass.

Unless these gutters were put up after 2014 it be impossible as the car would be air born as would hit the kerb on the corner and likely flipped over. If he saw this car I am sure he would have said it went up the kerb and not just the grass IMO. Siz Maps appears to also have kerb and it runs along the whole street.

Also states in the ABC article that he saw the car being driven away from Benaroon drive which again, no way. He has no view from his house front all the way to Benaroon. "When the Laurel Street resident went outside, he said he saw a boy "about three or four years old" being driven away from Benaroon Drive in a "fawn-coloured four-wheel drive".

Poor reporting maybe?

The left-hand side the road where Mr Chapman was standing, however, does not have a kerb in GM. It does have the road pickets though

'I definitely saw William': Witness says he saw boy in Spider-Man suit driven away

Mr Chapman told the inquest he saw a blue sedan close behind driven by a man, which was also travelling quickly, but on the wrong side of the road.

"He had virtually two wheels on the grass as he came around the corner on the wrong side of the road," he said.

When the Laurel Street resident went outside, he said he saw a boy "about three or four years old" being driven away from Benaroon Drive in a "fawn-coloured four-wheel drive".

View attachment 200491

View attachment 200494

I don't know how he could tell it was a Spiderman 'suit' as opposed to a Spiderman shirt or PJ top.
They look the same, and he wouldn't have been able to see what the pants looked like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member