CA CA - Barbara Thomas, 69, from Bullhead City AZ, disappeared in Mojave desert, 12 July 2019 #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
the 'missing persons' investigation is still active. police have been very careful about what they state publicly, so i am inclined to believe i should leave it at that.
Has LE responded to your request for the Drone Search?
I may have missed your answer before but I'm wondering if that's still possible.

Oddly, my friend who lives in Las Vegas, hasn't heard much about this. Is that because it happened in California?
Well, it's not odd at all considering there has been hardly any media coverage since they stopped searching. It's still a missing persons investigation.
I'm sure if LE releases any new information or announces they have a suspect the media will be reporting again.
So far they haven't given any indication of a crime or that they suspect foul play. Imo

I have yet to read all the posts & threads on this case. i could be way off base, but it struck me as a possible truth within lies.
IMO
Agreed... & you beat me to it... a kernel of truth.
When I looked at what he said that you'd bolded, the hairs stood up on the back of my neck.

Just missed this completely; was distracted by the 'waving my arms' statement.
Why not honk the horn ?
If he waved his arms-- she should've been within sight of him.

By now, there's no doubt LE is far ahead of us, and have looked at the gps on the truck and the phone pings ; so it's known where they drove that day.

Agreed... & you beat me to it... a kernel of truth.
When I looked at what he said that you'd bolded, the hairs stood up on the back of my neck.

Just missed this completely; was distracted by the 'waving my arms' statement.
Why not honk the horn ?
If he waved his arms-- she should've been within sight of him.

By now, there's no doubt LE is far ahead of us, and have looked at the gps on the truck and the phone pings ; so it's known where they drove that day.
BBM And hopefully quietly carrying out searches in new areas.

Anyone having flashbacks to the McStay family (Mojave Desert; San Bern.LE)?
That case never leaves me. ;-(

Absolutely! Heartbreaking case. :( It took SBSD about a year to gather enough evidence to arrest Chase Merritt IIRC. They got their ducks all lined up in a row before they made their move. It was a very successful prosecution. It never bothers me when an investigation moves slowly.

@LietKynes agree, those words stuck with me when i read them yesterday.
other points that stick out for me -
1. watching someone 'cry' whilst shedding no tears strikes me as fake.
2. the timing of taking 'A' photograph is not a long process.
3. proof required that BT was definitely in that location to begin with.
IMO
I'm sure all this has already been discussed. Apologies to all if feels like old ground. I need to spend some time catching up xo

I dont believe Barbara was ever out hiking "in a bikini and boots, carrying a beer."
Please google Barbara's images online. The woman in those photos does not match the image he is attempting to sell.

I actually dont question the bikini part. Theres another photo provided by our VI that's taken in the desert and shes wearing a bikini.

I dont believe Barbara was ever out hiking "in a bikini and boots, carrying a beer."
Please google Barbara's images online. The woman in those photos does not match the image he is attempting to sell.
Apparently you're wrong there, as her nephew has said that would be her style. He has even posted at least one photo showing Barb dressed like that while camping in the desert.

I think BT's disappearance was pre-planned, and happened the weekend before she went overseas alone to be with her family for a reason.

The timing of her disappearing right before a major trip to be with family, when she had no family or friends locally, has always stuck with me.

Just like the timing of a visit with a family member was coming up for Erin Corwin, who had no family locally when she disappeared in the desert in SB County the week before her mother was coming to visit her in Twenty Nine Palms. She had a 'mighty secret' (she was pregnant) only known to her and her (married) lover, who killed her right before her mother came to visit. Although he later confessed he did it to keep his wife from finding out about their affair, her death was pre-planned by him, presumably, IMO, to make sure that face to face upcoming time with a close family member would not occur during which she might let the cat out of the bag.

In BT's case, I think there was something about RT or his activities or some unhealthy aspect of their relationship that he suspected she was going to share with her family while away from him that he decided he didn't want to risk her sharing with them.

ETA: So he planned her disappearance, either by himself, or with the help of others, or left her somewhere vulnerable where she would be disappeared by others without directly implicating himself. Time will tell, I believe LE is making progress in this direction, and hope Barbara will be found soon.

MOO
It was already publicly known that Erin was pregnant. It was the paternity issue that was a secret in that case.

It was already publicly known that Erin was pregnant. It was the paternity issue that was a secret in that case.
This is O/T from Barbara's disappearance, but I was trying to frame the situation in ways that IMO are similar between the two cases. IIRC, it was only Erin's friend back home who knew she was pregnant when she went missing. Her husband, mother, local community, 'the public' didn't know at the time. LE later learned about it but could never prove it, and yes, the paternity was an issue because Erin told her friend (unbeknownst to him) that she thought it was his baby, and she wanted to be with him and was expecting a marriage proposal the day he killed her, and wanted for them to both leave their spouses when she was murdered.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member