CA CA - Barbara Thomas, 69, from Bullhead City AZ, disappeared in Mojave desert, 12 July 2019 #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I click, my browser goes to some pics posted by RT (not there, that I can see). But it's also partway on the Twitter youtube (is it in the photo album?)

At any rate, at some point I'll go through the approximately 50 or more photos linked to that page. I'll find it eventually. Thanks for pointing to the page.
It's the media timeline page. Page #2, post #37 by PommyMommy.

Ha! Unfortunately this question is a bit of landmine.

I agree with what you are saying about the difficulty of burial, and the need for the area to be accessible by vehicle.

Another factor to consider is the time constraint, assuming that Barb was seen alive that day.

She likely isn’t all that far from where they allegedly went hiking, atleast in regards to driving distance.

If this is foul play, the key is figuring out the last time she was independently spotted, and working outwards from there.
She could also be as close as her back door.

There is evidence that this was her preferred style. And I can tell you, I have pictures of a cousin and a friend out there in bikinis, doing way more than a short hike (aged 45 and 57). They're not going to stop doing this, I predict. And they are very different kinds of people (one is a physician).

It was supposed to be a 2 mile (RT) walk. Maybe an hour out there. It was cooler than it was in her front yard that day...

I don't know what pictures you've seen, but I haven't yet see any of her with a bikini in the water. Was it here that you saw it? Or social media? I have seen pictures on social media, but those are unverified and I'm not going to say much about what was in them.

You have seen the LE provided picture of her in the desert with a bikini top, right.

Finally - can you say how it is relevant to you? Most of us have mentioned at length why it's important to know what a victim/MP is wearing - but what's the relevance of denying what LE says and MSM says are the facts of the matter? Also, the VI and her husband also say the same thing.

And I tell you've, see it done. This was not a long hike so she wasn't crazy.
These are the pictures I've seen. Posted by dbdb11. Post #37
AZ - AZ - Barbara Thomas, 69, Timeline, Media, Maps, *NO DISCUSSION*
There are also a few more here:

AZ - AZ - Barbara Thomas, 69, Timeline, Media, Maps, *NO DISCUSSION*

Given the area and the alleged place where she was, had she had a heat stroke and dropped, RT would have found her, let alone the search .

Sometimes it takes a while. CF Missing persons in Joshua Tree.

Some missing persons in SBC will eventually be found after extensive initial searches. If she went off down HH Road further than they thought, for example.

There is evidence that this was her preferred style. And I can tell you, I have pictures of a cousin and a friend out there in bikinis, doing way more than a short hike (aged 45 and 57). They're not going to stop doing this, I predict. And they are very different kinds of people (one is a physician).

It was supposed to be a 2 mile (RT) walk. Maybe an hour out there. It was cooler than it was in her front yard that day...

I don't know what pictures you've seen, but I haven't yet see any of her with a bikini in the water. Was it here that you saw it? Or social media? I have seen pictures on social media, but those are unverified and I'm not going to say much about what was in them.

You have seen the LE provided picture of her in the desert with a bikini top, right.

Finally - can you say how it is relevant to you? Most of us have mentioned at length why it's important to know what a victim/MP is wearing - but what's the relevance of denying what LE says and MSM says are the facts of the matter? Also, the VI and her husband also say the same thing.

And I tell you've, see it done. This was not a long hike so she wasn't crazy.
I also 100% believe that if Barbra is ever located she will be in a bikini/underwear. What I don't believe is that Barbara exited that 5th wheel in that attire and started their 2 mile walk and headed back to the 5th wheel in that attire at that location.

Fine, call it a walk. We also saw a pic of Robert on the top of a rock with out a shirt on in his shorts. I wonder if Robert went on that two mile walk in just his shorts , hiking boots, socks, a pack with beer a gallon of water and his camera, with no shirt on?
What is the significance of RT wearing a shirt or not?

I’m interested in your reason for being so definite in your opinion that Barbara wasn’t in her bikini when she left the fifth wheel for their walk/hike. Not arguing...just curious.

I don’t have an opinion about it. All we know is what RT said. We have her nephew’s word that it wouldn’t be out of the ordinary for her to wear a bikini in the desert. We have one photo of her at a campsite in a bikini. And we have the word of others claiming that walking/hiking in a bikini something people do.

So you must be basing your opinion about Barbara on something other than my opinion that it would be risking skin cancer and premature wrinkles. :)

Yes there was one photo of Barbara dressed like that while "camping" in the desert. There are also pics of Barb in a bikini while in the water. I don't believe for one second that Barb hikes in her bikini in the desert. She might strip down to her bra and undies for hubs to take a sexy pic. But she doesn't hike in the desert in a bikini or her underwear period. IMO

I also 100% believe that if Barbra is ever located she will be in a bikini/underwear. What I don't believe is that Barbara exited that 5th wheel in that attire and started their 2 mile walk and headed back to the 5th wheel in that attire at that location.

Well if Barb was out in the desert walking/hiking in the heat with a bikini/underwear on exposed to the sun because they are used to the heat I just wondered if Robert would also be dressed that way.
I've recently been wondering the same. Perhaps these two like the freedom out in the sparse desert. But could it have anything to do with Barb's disappearance?

I used to live in Las Vegas and it is very common for people who love the heat to hike this way, especially if it's not backpacking but a couple of miles in a loop on a nature trail. They love to get tan. I've never seen a man in a Speedo but it's common to see someone in boxers or cutoffs, with or without a shirt.

The sheriff's statements are off-putting to me because they say there's no evidence of abduction; but there's also no evidence that I see of any other kind of crime. It seems like they're closing the case and dismissing it too early. If you look at the example of the other woman who had to evade a knife-wielding attacker for four days, the cases are actually quite similar: both areas are remote campgrounds, both couples, both cases of women who were with men so seemed to be safe, both did something ordinary like walk a dog or take their beer back to the RV while their husband was distracted with another task.

Both women were petite or on the small side, neither was particularly young. The two sites are actually within an easy day's drive. Police have not caught the potential abductor in the first case. I don't find it hard to believe that a small woman could be intentionally bumped by a car hard enough to knock her down, put her in the car, and drive off - that would take 3 minutes max. No evidence. That's exactly what happened to the woman in Montana who was out for her ordinary jog when abducted by two oil workers (IIRC).

There is another case current that is disturbingly similar. Further north, at Discovery Bay, a rather rural hamlet, a woman went out to water plants - husband inside the home - and disappeared. Her husband flagged down cops. An extensive search found her body in the water nearby. Petite older woman.

To me, I wonder if there is another Golden State killer around, a thrill killer who gets off on abducting and killing women whose husbands are right nearby.

I’m interested in your reason for being so definite in your opinion that Barbara wasn’t in her bikini when she left the fifth wheel for their walk/hike. Not arguing...just curious.

I don’t have an opinion about it. All we know is what RT said. We have her nephew’s word that it wouldn’t be out of the ordinary for her to wear a bikini in the desert. We have one photo of her at a campsite in a bikini. And we have the word of others claiming that walking/hiking in a bikini something people do.

So you must be basing your opinion about Barbara on something other than my opinion that it would be risking skin cancer and premature wrinkles. :)
It makes no logical sense to me.
We see pics of her at their campsite with her in a bikini. We also have a pic of her which looks like it might be a hike with her in a white t, jeans and tennis shoes.
I'm just not buying it that she started out on a walk in the desert in a bikini/underwear.

I used to live in Las Vegas and it is very common for people who love the heat to hike this way, especially if it's not backpacking but a couple of miles in a loop on a nature trail. They love to get tan. I've never seen a man in a Speedo but it's common to see someone in boxers or cutoffs, with or without a shirt.

The sheriff's statements are off-putting to me because they say there's no evidence of abduction; but there's also no evidence that I see of any other kind of crime. It seems like they're closing the case and dismissing it too early. If you look at the example of the other woman who had to evade a knife-wielding attacker for four days, the cases are actually quite similar: both areas are remote campgrounds, both couples, both cases of women who were with men so seemed to be safe, both did something ordinary like walk a dog or take their beer back to the RV while their husband was distracted with another task.

Both women were petite or on the small side, neither was particularly young. The two sites are actually within an easy day's drive. Police have not caught the potential abductor in the first case. I don't find it hard to believe that a small woman could be intentionally bumped by a car hard enough to knock her down, put her in the car, and drive off - that would take 3 minutes max. No evidence. That's exactly what happened to the woman in Montana who was out for her ordinary jog when abducted by two oil workers (IIRC).

There is another case current that is disturbingly similar. Further north, at Discovery Bay, a rather rural hamlet, a woman went out to water plants - husband inside the home - and disappeared. Her husband flagged down cops. An extensive search found her body in the water nearby. Petite older woman.

To me, I wonder if there is another Golden State killer around, a thrill killer who gets off on abducting and killing women whose husbands are right nearby.

I certainly hope there are no such killers around. However, while there are some similarities between the Sheryl Powell and Barbara Thomas cases, as I detail in this earlier post, it seems like it would've been impossible for the same perpetrator to drive from Grandview Campground on White Mountain Rd in Bishop to the intersection of Kelbaker and Hidden Hill Road in the Mojave National Preserve in the time between the two incidents.

CA - CA - Barbara Thomas, 69, from Bullhead City AZ, disappeared in Mojave desert, 12 July 2019 #6

I certainly hope there are no such killers around. However, while there are some similarities between the Sheryl Powell and Barbara Thomas cases, as I detail in this earlier post, it seems like it would've been impossible for the same perpetrator to drive from Grandview Campground on White Mountain Rd in Bishop to the intersection of Kelbaker and Hidden Hill Road in the Mojave National Preserve in the time between the two incidents.

CA - CA - Barbara Thomas, 69, from Bullhead City AZ, disappeared in Mojave desert, 12 July 2019 #6

The two sites are at most 4-6 hours apart, I think.

I was also looking at the Schmierer deaths, and the fact that the couple wasn't together. It seemed quite possible that Susan was chased into the desert by someone because of where she was found, just like Sheryl Powell said she was chased. Perhaps her husband tried to go for help but couldn't make it back. I can't think of a reason an ordinary couple intending to walk a few steps to view a crater would become separated. Nor did either one seem like an off-trail hiker.

I think abduction is the most unlikely scenario out of any possibility.

A would-be abductor just happens to be driving through the area.

A bikini wearing woman holding a beer just happens to be crossing the road alone.

This abductor manages to hit her with her car, with absolutely no one seeing or hearing a thing.

He bundles her inside, managing to make sure he leaves no trace behind (beer can, blood, clothing, tire marks, blood, car parts; anything).

Then he escapes with his prey.

Even if you change the scenario a bit, it still requires huge leaps and tremendous luck.

I think it’s far more likely that she got lost in the desert, or was never there in the first place.

Abductions happen, but if one happened here, this guy should buy a lottery ticket.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆