CA CA - Barbara Thomas, 69, from Bullhead City AZ, disappeared in Mojave desert, 12 July 2019 #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you consider that she might have walked off on her own, perhaps after an argument or tiff, with no immediate intention of going back to the RV, then getting lost seems more plausible.
Yes- add this to the list of things that are very common and we don't know if they happened. Perhaps this was the thing he was being deceptive about?

to stage or to execute? when you say stage i think shakespeare.

the goal being... to make a spouse disappear?

why go to the trouble, indeed. more importantly, imo, why did she disappear when she did?

according to my interpretation of LE statements she has vanished without a trace, and they DO NOT believe she was abducted.

and they DO NOT plan to search for her anymore.

so... i wonder... wtf do LE think happened?

in your opinion it is an unnecessary step. but you might not have the means or will to outsource such a thing. you might not mind getting your hands dirty with a diy job... someone else might have different ideas and different resources than you. and it might make for a tighter alibi than 'she tripped and fell in that mine, i didn't push her' for example.

i have a powerful imagination, so narratives come easy.

in this case i dont need my imagination. (fully prepared for this to be deleted) i am talking about a professional lyer, a swindler, a lowlife scoundrel who would abandon his own daughter... his whole family thought he had mellowed with age and turned a new leaf. barb leveled him out apparently, and because of her they accepted him back into their homes. i don't blame the thomas's, and especially don't blame them for not digging through skeletons in the closet. but i will keep digging.

again, i appreciate all of your combined efforts, but i'm angry too. the thought that this case could go cold, or that it was executed 'perfectly'....

no. its not going to fade like that.

Bumping this forward to save it. This is important.

I appreciate your passion, but what would be the motive in this narrative? Insurance money?
i can only speculate on motive. LE asked me the same thing...

if you want i can imagine a bunch of different motives for you. most have already been brought up in previous threads.

the timing of the whole thing is most suspect, imo.

in RT's own words (in a private email)

"it could have happened anytime."

that is not even thinly veiled imo. this mf has his ducks in a line, and feels he could have gotten away with it whenever he wanted.

Wow..........

if you want i can imagine a bunch of different motives for you. most have already been brought up in previous threads.

that is not even thinly veiled imo. this mf has his ducks in a line, and feels he could have gotten away with it whenever he wanted.

Understood, and thank you. The reason I ask, is that if another party is involved, money would likely be a motive. "Simple" DV is a personal thing as far as I know (except in gangs or cults). The only other situations I can think of involve custody fights, which wasn't an issue here.

Last edited:
Just my opinion:

I'm not convinced in the slightest an MLM had anything to do with this. There are gazillions of MLMs with gazillions of annoying pushy salespeople signed up with them. If you look around, you'll find "dirt" on a lot of them.

What was he referring to when he said "it"? Her disappearance, a kidnapping, a murder?
It's hard to interpret the meaning of the words without knowing the context of the conversation.

That may be true but in this case there is no evidence to suggest a fake abduction.
Usually in a situation like that the perp has left behind clues such as a staged crime scene or evidence pointing to another suspect.
If RT wanted LE to believe his wife had been abducted than why not leave her drinking cup or a boot along side the road? Imo

We Websleuths notice details like that. Certain personality types just assume that they will be believed. Maybe the original story didn’t include a cup of beer. That detail might have been thrown in for good measure as an afterthought, to “strengthen “ the narrative.: “Scantily clad elderly woman on her own in the desert with a beer in the morning just wandered off.” Trying to make her sound flighty and foolish and definitely not his responsibility, once she left.
MOO!

Arrogant people make careless mistakes because the thought never occurs to them that their story has holes in it.
MOO again.

We Websleuths notice details like that. Certain personality types just assume that they will be believed. Maybe the original story didn’t include a cup of beer. That detail might have been thrown in for good measure as an afterthought, to “strengthen “ the narrative.: “Scantily clad elderly woman on her own in the desert with a beer in the morning just wandered off.” Trying to make her sound flighty and foolish and definitely not his responsibility, once she left.
MOO!

Arrogant people make careless mistakes because the thought never occurs to them that their story has holes in it.
MOO again.
Yes, in many cases there are obvious signs from the start.
But in this case there are no obvious holes in the story.
If there were, LE would have noticed right from the start.
It seems we are still right where we were in the beginning. Still no evidence of a crime and no sign of Barbara. Imo

Yes, in many cases there are obvious signs from the start.
But in this case there are no obvious holes in the story.
If there were, LE would have noticed right from the start.
It seems we are still right where we were in the beginning. Still no evidence of a crime and no sign of Barbara. Imo

I was replying to a post that brought up the question of why wouldn’t he have” planted”
the missing cup if this was staged. There is no evidence that Barbara was ever at the place he says she went missing from. No scent. No picture. No hat, boot, scrap of clothing or blood.

Just gathering and summarizing the recent thoughts and opinions of @dbdb11...

unless she was possessed, tripping on drugs, completely delusional or running in terror, she would have found the road imo. theoretically you are right, but she was not walking blindfolded with earplugs in. yes, they were in the middle of the desert, but they were still very near a road.

eg... if you live near a coast it is quite easy to orient yourself based on where the coast is. if you are in relative flatlands, within a few miles of a road, and agile enough to reach high ground/climb boulders (which 69 yo barb was), you can find your way back to the road.

i say this, because i also have been out in this and other deserts. and other wilderness areas. some places aren't easy to get lost, even for directionally impaired ppl. this was one of those areas, based on sroad's descriptions and photos, available in media thread, combined with roberts first-hand description of the area and recounting of events.... Barbara did not wander the wrong way by accident.

sixth or seventh time i've felt the need to say so, and i say so quite firmly.

sure, it is possible. but IMO this is not a believeable scenario. Even less believeable to me than random abduction.

Barbara did not wander the wrong way by accident.

to stage or to execute? when you say stage i think shakespeare.

the goal being... to make a spouse disappear?

why go to the trouble, indeed. more importantly, imo, why did she disappear when she did?

according to my interpretation of LE statements she has vanished without a trace, and they DO NOT believe she was abducted.

and they DO NOT plan to search for her anymore.

so... i wonder... wtf do LE think happened?

in your opinion it is an unnecessary step. but you might not have the means or will to outsource such a thing. you might not mind getting your hands dirty with a diy job... someone else might have different ideas and different resources than you. and it might make for a tighter alibi than 'she tripped and fell in that mine, i didn't push her' for example.

i have a powerful imagination, so narratives come easy.

in this case i dont need my imagination. (fully prepared for this to be deleted) i am talking about a professional lyer, a swindler, a lowlife scoundrel who would abandon his own daughter... his whole family thought he had mellowed with age and turned a new leaf. barb leveled him out apparently, and because of her they accepted him back into their homes. i don't blame the thomas's, and especially don't blame them for not digging through skeletons in the closet. but i will keep digging.

again, i appreciate all of your combined efforts, but i'm angry too. the thought that this case could go cold, or that it was executed 'perfectly'....

no. its not going to fade like that.

RT was not always the mellow upstanding guy he currently appears to be.

not unless everything we have been told by the only witness is a lie, which is possible. i think he is telling a lot of truth though. including when he said they called him deceptive on the lie detector.

i am just saying, i do not believe barbara got lost at the end of their stroll. not at all.

RT is telling the truth that LE called him deceptive on the polygraph.
Barbara did not get lost at the end of their stroll.

ETA: Deleted erroneous understanding of @dbdb11 post about Hong Kong.

RT feels he could have gotten away with whatever happened anytime.

abandoned is even more probable than abducted imo.

It’s more likely Barbara was abandoned than abducted.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member