TX TX - Gregory Wedel-Morales, Army soldier, 23, found deceased, Fort Hood, 19 August 2019

FrazzledNoodle

Reaction score

Killeen police search for missing Fort Hood soldier

BELL COUNTY, TX — A Fort Hood soldier has been missing for almost a week. His wife, Penny Morales, last saw 23-year-old Gregory Morales last Saturday.

She says her husband's disappearance became a concern after his sergeant arrived at the couple's home to find out why he did not show up on post.

Penny Morales said her husband has not answered his phone calls or been active on social media the entire week. The family filed a missing person's report with Fort Hood Military Police, and friends have posted flyers and drove around looking for him.

A report was filed with the For Hood Military Police, Wednesday and with the Killeen Police Department, Friday.

If you have any information, you can call Fort Hood Military Police at 254-526-7523.

I was following this case on FB during the horrible Websleuths outage of '19 and agree that there are a lot of odd circumstances. Despite everyone's belief that he would not go AWOL right before being processed out, he might. I'm not sure if I think that is more likely, or if he met up with the wrong people and met with a bad end. Remind me please, if someone knows whether he and his car are missing, or just him?

I was following this case on FB during the horrible Websleuths outage of '19 and agree that there are a lot of odd circumstances. Despite everyone's belief that he would not go AWOL right before being processed out, he might. I'm not sure if I think that is more likely, or if he met up with the wrong people and met with a bad end. Remind me please, if someone knows whether he and his car are missing, or just him?

Both him and the car are missing it was a 2018 Kia Rio with Temp Tags..."Morales was last seen driving a Black 2018 Kia Rio with a VIN # of 3KPA24ABIJE065311."

I would agree with AWOl being a possibility if there had been bank activity or even him being on his phone/logged into facebook.. something.

The wife last saw him Saturday night.
His Sgt. showed up sometime after that to find out why Morales hadn't shown up on post, at which point the wife grew concerned.

When/what day did his Sgt. show up looking for him?
Was this meeting supposed to take place over the weekend or did he have weekend duty? Trying to wrap my head around her not worrying later Sat night when he didn't come home?

For those of you who are insiders, here is a link for information about the verification process.
Verified Professional and Insider Members
It's always helpful to have verified insiders, as then you are able to post information more freely; whereas the rest of us have to provide links/sources from media or LE in order to keep the threads based on facts vs rumors.

CO - CO - Mason Van Kuiken, 22, Ft. Carson, 17 March 2013

Mason is another case here on Websleuths who is a soldier who went missing. Different circumstances, but an interesting follow up on his story that cannot be verified. Mason had been at Ft. Hood visiting a friend, was arrested in Goldthwaite for having concealed guns he wasn't supposed to have. Bailed out and was supposed to catch a bus in San Angelo to his post in Colorado and never showed up. Years later a journalist wrote a story about a person they cannot verify is Mason but he supposedly bought a bicycle from Walmart and rode it across the border and is in a Mexican prison close to Del Rio. A lot of differences, but some similarities also if interested.

The FBI is investigating after an attempt to extort money from the mother of missing Fort Hood Pvt. Gregory Morales, 23.

On Thursday she found out the FBI is stepping in after she received a Facebook message that claimed her son was being held hostage for money that he owed to someone.

“First they asked me how much could I pay, then came back with $15,000,” she says.

Then, she got an email from someone else.

“He was saying he had Greg and he was fine, but they were going to kill him in 10 days if he didn't have the money,” she says.

The email included an edited picture of her son's face, she says on someone else's body, in an unfamiliar living room.

The picture had Wednesday’s date stamped in the corner.

But the requests didn’t stop there.

“I had another lady send me an email saying she would give the address he's being held at for two bitcoins,” she said.

That translates to about $21,000.

The FBI confirms it is assisting with the investigation.

Fort Hood: FBI investigates attempt to extort mother of missing soldier

The FBI is investigating after an attempt to extort money from the mother of missing Fort Hood Pvt. Gregory Morales, 23.

On Thursday she found out the FBI is stepping in after she received a Facebook message that claimed her son was being held hostage for money that he owed to someone.

“First they asked me how much could I pay, then came back with $15,000,” she says.

Then, she got an email from someone else.

“He was saying he had Greg and he was fine, but they were going to kill him in 10 days if he didn't have the money,” she says.

The email included an edited picture of her son's face, she says on someone else's body, in an unfamiliar living room.

The picture had Wednesday’s date stamped in the corner.

But the requests didn’t stop there.

“I had another lady send me an email saying she would give the address he's being held at for two bitcoins,” she said.

That translates to about $21,000.

The FBI confirms it is assisting with the investigation.

Fort Hood: FBI investigates attempt to extort mother of missing soldier

That poor, poor woman. People suck.

I think it's equally likely that he went AWOL for his own reasons and it turned bad; OR that he was mixed up with the wrong, rough crowd and they disappeared him. What's odd is that his vehicle is still missing.

And after having watched too many Dateline and 48 Hours, I also have to throw an occasional side-eye to the wife.

Last edited:
The wife last saw him Saturday night.
His Sgt. showed up sometime after that to find out why Morales hadn't shown up on post, at which point the wife grew concerned.

When/what day did his Sgt. show up looking for him?
Was this meeting supposed to take place over the weekend or did he have weekend duty? Trying to wrap my head around her not worrying later Sat night when he didn't come home?
hi I'm the wife to answer ur question he was staying at a friend's house at the time so it wasn't odd that he hadn't been home but definitely not like him to miss work with no explanation not contact anyone not have his ph on and to not be on any social media

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks
Back