CA CA - Barbara Thomas, 69, from Bullhead City AZ, disappeared in Mojave desert, 12 July 2019 #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
barb loved that dog.
he wouldn't walk it.

everyone can take away from that very different things.....

this fits along side with her secretive newly re-established relationship with her son and barb having speaker phone conversations only.

pattern behaviour.

moo
What secretive new relationship? Link please?

I thought I read up thread that BT only communicated with her son via E-mail.

You're saying it was by speaker phone. Which one is correct?

The dog walking means absolutely nothing to me. JMO

This is LE's exact predicament as far as they have shared with me (which isn't much at all). Just because someone is suspicious doesn't mean they are a killer.

Personally I am not saying that either. I am saying there is more to the story of Barbara's disappearance, which he knows, that he has not shared. It is time to share the details, everything from what they ate for breakfast to showing the public and the media the photos he took on the day she went missing. That will do a lot more than love notes to get me to believe his account of events.
I would think LE is taking all concerns that family have seriously, and I hope they are following through with any leads that may bring.

If Robert knows anything at all, it would be in his best interest to tell them everything. If he doesn't want to share the information with the public that's understandable. It's probably better to let LE handle it.

Maybe there is a reason they have chosen not to share the photos of her there on that day. What that could be I have no idea. Imo

I would think LE is taking all concerns that family have seriously, and I hope they are following through with any leads that may bring.

If Robert knows anything at all, it would be in his best interest to tell them everything. If he doesn't want to share the information with the public that's understandable. It's probably better to let LE handle it.

Maybe there is a reason they have chosen not to share the photos of her there on that day. What that could be I have no idea. Imo
The photos are part of an active investigation. That is why LE is not sharing them. IMHO

What secretive new relationship? Link please?

I thought I read up thread that BT only communicated with her son via E-mail.

You're saying it was by speaker phone. Which one is correct?

The dog walking means absolutely nothing to me. JMO
never said new.
the sentence said.....secretly newly re-established.
what link would you like?
her son has put this info out there.

I never said barb spoke to her son on speaker phone. please don't add things to my posts that are not correct.
I said barb has speaker phone conversations only. (from VI)

I'd like to offer up a calibrator for some of our speculations. I posted this resource upthread, and it's so incredibly useful, here it is again:
https://crime-data-explorer.fr.cloud.gov
This is the FBI's "Crime Data Explorer". You can look at crime stats in Arizona as a good directional calibrator.

Some interesting points that surprisingly validate the notion of an abduction on the highway, and point out it's highly improbable a 72 year old man had anything to do with this disappearance:

Arizona
All violent crimes victims demographics
Location type - Residence home came in #1, with Highway or Street #2

Victim’s relationship to the offender - Stranger #1 by far, and spouse came in far behind stranger at #5

About 80% of offenders are men,

Top three weapons used in crime: Personal weapons, Knife, Handgun

Offense linked to other offenses: 1)Destruction of property 2)Weapon law violation 3)Kidnapping /abduction

Homicide

Circumstances: 1) UUnknown 2)Arguments 3)Narcotics
Murder weapon 1)Handgun 2)Other firearms 3)Other - knives, etc.

Victim’s relationship to Perp: 1)UUnknown 2)Acquaintance 3)Stranger 4)Girlfriend 5)Wife

Perp - Age 70-79 - (Far less than 1.0% at 0.2380952380952381)

I encourage you to look through this FBI database on crime stats in Arizona.

Amateur opinion and speculation

What you do is need to search with more specifics. When a 69-70 year old woman goes missing/is murdered, what are the stats?

I bet the perp is far more likely to be older than the general stats say. They are, at least, in California.

Arizona is interesting, then, because women are more likely to be murdered by people they know, in other places.

The Scope of the Problem: Intimate Partner Homicide Statistics

While intimate partner homicides are only 1/5th of the total, it is still the main cause. The Arizona stats don't break down:

Other domestic violence (cf the minor league baseball player's BiL slaughtering his whole family this week) including parent child and sibling

Work acquaintances

Friends

Negligent homicide (drunk driving and other)

Provision of drugs (felony drug sales/provision resulting in death - pretty big, too)

Professional misadventure (real estate client, medical relationship)

Anyway, of all the reasons women are killed, homicide by a domestic partner still leads the pack in the rest of the United States (and if Arizona statistics are viewed through the lens of the FBI or the CDC, I think it's true there too).

Also, there are a significant number of unsolved homicides. Very very significant number.

never said new.
the sentence said.....secretly newly re-established.
what link would you like?
her son has put this info out there.

I never said barb spoke to her son on speaker phone. please don't add things to my posts that are not correct.
I said barb has speaker phone conversations only. (from VI)
Sorry I misunderstood your post. I thought that the "newly re-established relationship" with her son and the speaker phone were connected.

Any link that you want to use that supports your facts works for me. Thanks.

Yes, they are, but it has been suggested that they may help the public in some way, and therefore help with the investigation.
I imagine if LE felt they could help, they would release them.

Not necessarily. In my years of working with LE, I'd say the tide has firmly gone in favor of "Speak nothing." If it's a potential criminal case (POTENTIAL), then it's all evidence and the public doesn't get it until a judge decides and it's presented in front of a jury.

BTW, in California, DA's and judges and Public Defenders will see and hear **way** more evidence and detail than the jury will hear. Any problematic evidence will be thrown out. No prosecutor wants a shred of relevant evidence thrown out. Ever. So...it must be treated as non-public.

Even if it's partly exonerating to a party, it still stays quiet. That's just how it works. It's really a nail-biting experience for those who are onlookers (or who may be witnesses or know more about the case than the press states).

Don't take just one thing off the list. This was taxonomic. Look at the whole picture. If you can. It's way more relevant to solving a case than picking one thing off the list. MOO.
I just wanted to comment on that one thing. Your post did make me learn a new word. I've never heard the word "taxonomic" used before so I looked it up.

I'm not going to solve this case. No way no how. JMO

barb loved that dog.
he wouldn't walk it.

everyone can take away from that very different things.....

this fits along side with her secretive newly re-established relationship with her son and barb having speaker phone conversations only.

pattern behaviour.

moo
BBM

Am trying not to look too much into the (bolded) fact.
Maybe RT is lazy ?

What interests me is where the dog is now.
Still at the kennel ? Doubt it, as that costs $$.
So, RT picked it up ?

But after the time that's passed, he's either sold it or had it euthanized if he feels Barbara isn't coming back.
He might believe it's the best option ; because it's added stress on top of everything else.
Trying to play the devil's advocate, here. ^^^

Did Robert ever get the Dog out of Jail ?
Does he have it now ?
BBM
Your post made me chuckle. :D

Lol... jail ?
The business owners of the dog kennel or pound where Barbara dropped off her dog probably don't consider it a 'jail'.

No one knows ... except the VI ?

Last edited:
Not necessarily. In my years of working with LE, I'd say the tide has firmly gone in favor of "Speak nothing." If it's a potential criminal case (POTENTIAL), then it's all evidence and the public doesn't get it until a judge decides and it's presented in front of a jury.

BTW, in California, DA's and judges and Public Defenders will see and hear **way** more evidence and detail than the jury will hear. Any problematic evidence will be thrown out. No prosecutor wants a shred of relevant evidence thrown out. Ever. So...it must be treated as non-public.

Even if it's partly exonerating to a party, it still stays quiet. That's just how it works. It's really a nail-biting experience for those who are onlookers (or who may be witnesses or know more about the case than the press states).
Couldn't Robert just share the pictures with the public if he chose to?

Yes, they are, but it has been suggested that they may help the public in some way, and therefore help with the investigation.
I imagine if LE felt they could help, they would release them.
I know as much and as little as you do. All I have is conjecture. So... IMHO, LE is being very close-mouthed. And I interpret that to mean that they don't feel as though they need the public's help. I get a definite "we got this" vibe from their silence.

JMHO, and I have been wrong before.

Couldn't Robert just share the pictures with the public if he chose to?
Good question.^^^

If he wants more support from the public... he'd be wise to release those photos.
Plus, all questions from the beginning about what she was wearing, etc. would be answered.
Not to mention a factual location.
Assuming the photos of Barbara were taken the actual day she "vanished".

Wonder what's holding him back ?
Have his daughters told him he shouldn't release the photos proving she was in that desert ? Or RT's (former) lawyer ?

Can't blame RT for not talking to the media. I would rather hear what LE has to say these days.

Well LE isn’t going to say a thing, unless it serves a particular purpose.

If that’s what anyone is waiting for, don’t hold your breath.

The best way to keep this case alive in the media, is for her husband to appear in front of the cameras.

Sorry I misunderstood your post. I thought that the "newly re-established relationship" with her son and the speaker phone were connected.

Any link that you want to use that supports your facts works for me. Thanks.
sorry ranch I have been looking for you.

it has been discussed a lot though barb and matts relationship on here.
may have been the VI even he will correct me if I am off base.

this is the interview matt did for tv though.
it is interesting if you haven't seen it.
Lafayette man's mother still missing after hiking in the Mojave Desert with husband

Well LE isn’t going to say a thing, unless it serves a particular purpose.

If that’s what anyone is waiting for, don’t hold your breath.

The best way to keep this case alive in the media, is for her husband to appear in front of the cameras.

Possibly.

The media for whatever reason doesn't seem to care much, I may be wrong but I haven't seen any recent articles or news segments. Why can't the media call him or knock on his door to get some words? They don't really need RT in order for them to report on Barbara's disappearance.

I hope I am wrong and there are current reporters working on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member