GUILTY OH - Jonathan Minard, 14, found deceased, Carroll County, 13 April 2019

MOO
If we find out that some deal was made to catch a bigger fish to get to the biggest fish in another state and this case of this young man ( Johnathan ) is filed away I will scream. What was he just COLLATERAL DAMAGE?
If no charges are filed and nobody charged with covering JM up with pasture dirt and misleading LE. Hiding evidence, covering a crime , Tooth ache or not. He was a minor. I am sure he did not buy it. MOO

Would JM spend money on a drug when he was working so hard to earn money in the first place at a farm. That's hard work. MOO
I just do not get it.
I do get all of your research on the drug bust and higher ups in this county/State in charge.
We:mad: SCREAM JUSTICE FOR JONATHON HE DESERVES SOME FORM OF DIGNITY AS HIS LAST BREATH WAS TAKEN AND HIS BODY HID. IT WAS A COVERUP by the very people that should of brought him back home alive and safe as when he/they picked him up from his home.:confused:
:(
Let's not forget him please
By the way they dip/sprinkle fentanyl in marijuana also . Roll it up and smoke it.
Maybe Johnathan was trying to act like the big dogs instead of staying on the porch. Was it adult peer pressure. Come on man it's okay. Then he passes out seizes and DIES. COVER UP THEN PANIC THEN BREAKS THE LAW. LAWS WERE BROKEN OHIO!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
MOO
If we find out that some deal was made to catch a bigger fish to get to the biggest fish in another state and this case of this young man ( Johnathan ) is filed away I will scream. What was he just COLLATERAL DAMAGE?
If no charges are filed and nobody charged with covering JM up with pasture dirt and misleading LE. Hiding evidence, covering a crime , Tooth ache or not. He was a minor. I am sure he did not buy it. MOO

Would JM spend money on a drug when he was working so hard to earn money in the first place at a farm. That's hard work. MOO
I just do not get it.
I do get all of your research on the drug bust and higher ups in this county/State in charge.
We:mad: SCREAM JUSTICE FOR JONATHON HE DESERVES SOME FORM OF DIGNITY AS HIS LAST BREATH WAS TAKEN AND HIS BODY HID. IT WAS A COVERUP by the very people that should of brought him back home alive and safe as when he/they picked him up from his home.:confused:
:(
Let's not forget him please
By the way they dip/sprinkle fentanyl in marijuana also . Roll it up and smoke it.
Maybe Johnathan was trying to act like the big dogs instead of staying on the porch. Was it adult peer pressure. Come on man it's okay. Then he passes out seizes and DIES. COVER UP THEN PANIC THEN BREAKS THE LAW. LAWS WERE BROKEN OHIO!!!!!!!!!!

Seems highly unlikely he would experiment with that drug, at his young age and with no experience with drugs. The person he was staying with probably slipped it to him somehow.

Also, after looking at the approximate location where he was staying vs the place where the "friend's" parents lived, the distance was too far for Jonathan to walk to use the phone. JMO, he died that night.

Some other questions that need answering about Jonathan's death:

• How did Jonathan come to work for this family on their dairy farm? It doesn't sound like he was a friend of the family as there were no children close to his age. The family member alleged to be his "friend" is 16 yrs older than him. Jonathan lived quite a distance away.
  • Did the family put ads on Craigslist or something? Is this how local farmers recruit pre-teens for cheap labor?Does this "friend" and his family advertise or do other "outreach" in the community to hire people to work at their dairy farm? Is it legal for them to employ 14 yo children under these condidtions?
  • Did the owners of this dairy farm realize their son was doing hard drugs, specifically fentanyl? Were they supervising his activities at the dairy farm, especially when minor children like Jonathan are present? Are they subject to penalties under the US Fair Labor Standards Act?
  • Fair Labor Standards Act of 1938 - Wikipedia
  • How many other children are employed at this farm and other farms like them in the region? Are LE and state officials adequately supervising these farm employers to ensure they aren't drug addicts who provide drugs like fentanyl to child employees? What do local veterinarians think of the safety of these child workers?
  • Is the family of the drug abuser at risk of losing their farm(s) due to civil forfeiture because of the drug crimes committed on the farm? Under Ohio law, if there's no criminal conviction of a drug offense, there's no forfeiture of property. I'm not sure how federal law applies, but it could explain why the feds are not involved in this case.

Some other questions that need answering about Jonathan's death:

• How did Jonathan come to work for this family on their dairy farm? It doesn't sound like he was a friend of the family as there were no children close to his age. The family member alleged to be his "friend" is 16 yrs older than him. Jonathan lived quite a distance away.
  • Did the family put ads on Craigslist or something? Is this how local farmers recruit pre-teens for cheap labor?Does this "friend" and his family advertise or do other "outreach" in the community to hire people to work at their dairy farm? Is it legal for them to employ 14 yo children under these condidtions?
  • Did the owners of this dairy farm realize their son was doing hard drugs, specifically fentanyl? Were they supervising his activities at the dairy farm, especially when minor children like Jonathan are present? Are they subject to penalties under the US Fair Labor Standards Act?
  • Fair Labor Standards Act of 1938 - Wikipedia
  • How many other children are employed at this farm and other farms like them in the region? Are LE and state officials adequately supervising these farm employers to ensure they aren't drug addicts who provide drugs like fentanyl to child employees? What do local veterinarians think of the safety of these child workers?
  • Is the family of the drug abuser at risk of losing their farm(s) due to civil forfeiture because of the drug crimes committed on the farm? Under Ohio law, if there's no criminal conviction of a drug offense, there's no forfeiture of property. I'm not sure how federal law applies, but it could explain why the feds are not involved in this case.
In the country, most families know each other.
For example, I worked for family friends on their farm. They had no children my age.

There are different laws governing farm labor as opposed to other labor, especially in the employment of people younger than 16 and 14. There are used to be different minimum wage laws for agricultural labor. I haven't researched if this still is the case. These agricultural labor laws in Ohio are available for review online.

Everything seemed perfectly normal until whatever the event was that happened to Jonathon, IMO.

now there are counterfeit oxycontin pills that are actually fentanyl.

with the other poster discussing the patch option, moo, either one of these methods would be less scary to a 7th grader. although with a younger kid hanging out with 30year olds, peer pressure or wanting to join in isn’t completely out of possibilities.

my thought being if you had a toothache and someone hands you a couple pills, you wouldn’t think too hard about it.

moo

In the country, most families know each other.
For example, I worked for family friends on their farm. They had no children my age.

There are different laws governing farm labor as opposed to other labor, especially in the employment of people younger than 16 and 14. There are used to be different minimum wage laws for agricultural labor. I haven't researched if this still is the case. These agricultural labor laws in Ohio are available for review online.

Everything seemed perfectly normal until whatever the event was that happened to Jonathon, IMO.

Thanks. However having a 14 year old hanging out for a weekend with an allegedly drug addicted 30 year old who had a criminal record is extremely different. Rural area or not, that's highly unusual, unsafe and inappropriate. I doubt there's any law that allows that situation nor any rational reason to justify it.

Jonathan and this drug addicted man with a criminal past had nothing in common. They weren't peers. Jonathan didn't even live close to this farm, his family lived many miles away. They didn't travel in the same social circles. How did Jonathan come to work there? Why weren't the farm owners providing better supervision of the children who worked on their farm? Who allows their drug addicted son with a criminal background to supervise children working and sleeping over at their farm? These people deserve to be in jail along with their son.

It's doubtful Jonathan took those drugs voluntarily. IIRC, it was also reported he had no dental problems, according to his family. Since neither LE nor the coroner has verified that Jonathan had tooth problems, I'm assuming that was a lie told by the killer and the killer's family.

Missing Teen Jonathon Minard Found Dead, Buried on a Farm

According to this news article, it was the farm owner, not the drug addicted son, who told LE that Jonathan "had a tooth ache". So was it the farm owner who lied to police? Doesn't that make them complicit in the murder?

The Free Press Standard April 25, 2019

According to the article linked above, the drug addicted son of the farm owners actually called Jonathan's parents pretending to not know where he was. Shameful considering he had just buried Jonathan on his parent's property. Were the 30 yo man's parents aware that Jonathan was dead and helped cover up the crime? Is no one mentioning they were the "employers" of Jonathan when he was killed because they're prominent members of the community?

ETA: LE should also turn this case over to federal prosecutors and investigators considering possible violations of federal labor law. 14 yo children should not be employed in farm work when supervised by drug addicts with criminal records. There should be background checks and permits required.

The names of the farm owners should also be made public. They are likely using their influence in the community to prevent this case being resolved. JMO.

Last edited:
Some very informative posts here.
So angry for Jonathan's sake .
Imo, it seems like LE and anyone else who knew about this are covering up for this prominent family.
Disgusting.

Thanks. However having a 14 year old hanging out for a weekend with an allegedly drug addicted 30 year old who had a criminal record is extremely different. Rural area or not, that's highly unusual, unsafe and inappropriate. I doubt there's any law that allows that situation nor any rational reason to justify it.

Jonathan and this drug addicted man with a criminal past had nothing in common. They weren't peers. Jonathan didn't even live close to this farm, his family lived many miles away. They didn't travel in the same social circles. How did Jonathan come to work there? Why weren't the farm owners providing better supervision of the children who worked on their farm? Who allows their drug addicted son with a criminal background to supervise children working and sleeping over at their farm? These people deserve to be in jail along with their son.

It's doubtful Jonathan took those drugs voluntarily. IIRC, it was also reported he had no dental problems, according to his family. Since neither LE nor the coroner has verified that Jonathan had tooth problems, I'm assuming that was a lie told by the killer and the killer's family.

Missing Teen Jonathon Minard Found Dead, Buried on a Farm

According to this news article, it was the farm owner, not the drug addicted son, who told LE that Jonathan "had a tooth ache". So was it the farm owner who lied to police? Doesn't that make them complicit in the murder?

The Free Press Standard April 25, 2019

According to the article linked above, the drug addicted son of the farm owners actually called Jonathan's parents pretending to not know where he was. Shameful considering he had just buried Jonathan on his parent's property. Were the 30 yo man's parents aware that Jonathan was dead and helped cover up the crime? Is no one mentioning they were the "employers" of Jonathan when he was killed because they're prominent members of the community?

ETA: LE should also turn this case over to federal prosecutors and investigators considering possible violations of federal labor law. 14 yo children should not be employed in farm work when supervised by drug addicts with criminal records. There should be background checks and permits required.

The names of the farm owners should also be made public. They are likely using their influence in the community to prevent this case being resolved. JMO.
BBM

Here's a link to the latest version of the US Drug Enforcement Administration's annual Threat Assessment. It's for 2018.

Overall, they say most Fentanyl being sold and used in the US today is coming from China and Mexico, presumably in powder form. Traffickers are selling it without diluting it.

They're also selling it in the form of counterfeit prescription pills.
Fentanyl is also being mixed with cocaine, with most of the Ohio cocaine overdose deaths in 2017 being the result of fentanyl in the mix. (p 47). In Ohio, the top causes of overdose deaths were fentanyl, heroin and the cocaine/opiate (heroin or fentanyl) mix.

https://www.dea.gov/sites/default/files/2018-11/DIR-032-18 2018 NDTA final low resolution.pdf

The DEA annual report is always an interesting read as the world of illegal drugs (and the crime associated with them) seems to change from year to year. Scary.

Again, it's stunning to see Ohio in the top 3 or 4 states for drug overdose deaths year after year. Something is really wrong here. Some news reports claim its because Ohio has an ineffective program for distributing Narcan to high risk populations. They only offer Narcan through specific government contractors via the Ohio Dept of Health. It's not working very well. In Carroll County, the only sites to get Narcan are through a few local drug stores.

Some cities and counties are doing better, because they've worked hard to make the Narcan program accessible. Others not so much.

Map

In the city of Green, OH (not too far from Carroll County) they recently began putting Narcan in local hotel rooms

City of Green To Install NARCAN Kits In Hotels

The person accessing Narcan has to pay for it and must be covered under one of several state health insurance plans. So, I'm assuming if you're uninsured, you don't get Narcan.

https://odh.ohio.gov/wps/wcm/connec...-8319927d-0a2b-4673-9de9-01185736b297-mmG7fCa

So if you're someone on parole or probation for a drug offense, you're not going to be able to buy Narcan at the local drugstore without filling out a lot of paperwork and identifying yourself. Even then, you have to be insured.

You can get naloxone for free if you get it from a Project Dawn site (run by the Ohio Dept of Health), but there is no Project Dawn program in Carroll County.

https://odh.ohio.gov/wps/wcm/connec...-1911ad13-0bc9-4218-88a2-3d6f9afdbe28-mlJuzGb

Map

Just some general background information

ETA: Link to another recent article about Ohio coroners raising alarms over another spike in overdose deaths and the need to do better education and outreach to make more Narcan available to the public, especially families with members who are at risk of overdose.

Ohio Coroners Warn Of July Spike In Overdose Deaths

The only problem is Narcan won't do any good for a Fentanyl overdose. My son passed away two months ago from Fentanyl overdose. There is no amount of Narcan that would reverse that. It is a horrible epidemic.

Last edited:
I am so very sorry you lost your Son. My deepest condolences.

Thank you so much. This means a lot to me. He was my adopted son, who had come to us with a troubled, traumatic past, who turned to drugs for relief. He was no match for the pure fentanyl he was given. This is more deadly than all the other drugs out there, in my opinion.

Thank you so much. This means a lot to me. He was my adopted son, who had come to us with a troubled, traumatic past, who turned to drugs for relief. He was no match for the pure fentanyl he was given. This is more deadly than all the other drugs out there, in my opinion.
It is very deadly. Sadly. Epidemic of it. Friends Daughter was using it but survived it. Still doing drugs apparently but not Fentanyl. Again so very sorry for your heartbreak. And his.

Last edited:
The only problem is Narcan won't do any good for a Fentanyl overdose. My son passed away two months ago from Fentanyl overdose. There is no amount of Narcan that would reverse that. It is a horrible epidemic.

So sorry to hear this. Our extended family has also lost a couple of young folks to fentanyl during the past year or so. It's extremely potent. It must be a nightmare to lose a child, I hope you are doing ok.

Whether Narcan can help depends on how strong the dose is. From what I've read in the DEA reports, if a dealer/supplier has mixed it with other inert ingredients, it's not as strong. Many are overdosing on very strong stuff, so Narcan may not help those. Quite a few Ohio counties have seen a significant decline in fentanyl overdose deaths since they started distributing Narcan. Of course, it doesn't work unless it's administered right away.

From what I understand, the health dept folks want people to have some training in how to administer it. But, yes, it sounds like Carroll County needs to get a program started to distribute it.

Does Narcan Work on Fentanyl?

Naloxone - Medical Countermeasures Database - CHEMM

Fentanyl for First Responders | Signs and Symptoms of Overdose, Naloxone NARCAN treatment

ETA: I'm so sorry about your son's overdose. The amount found in the system of one of my extended family members was 4 times the fatal dose. Horrible. It probably wouldn't have helped her either, but it may help the next person.

In poor Jonathan's case, it's inconceivable that an adult male would give that drug to him or that he would (or someone in his family) leave it around where Jonathan could find it.

Last edited:
What Does a Fentanyl Overdose Look Like?

Fentanyl overdose can be incredibly scary, and these scenarios are responsible for thousands of deaths each year. In recent years, the number of overdose deaths related to fentanyl has risen dramatically, and this is largely because of how potent even pharmaceutical grade fentanyl is.

This doesn’t even speak to the fact that illicit fentanyl is often even stronger, and many times people take heroin and other drugs laced with fentanyl without even realizing it.

The chances of an overdose of fentanyl are greater than with other opioids, and an overdose can also happen more quickly because of the potency of this drug, and there are many situations where misusing fentanyl turns out to be fatal. bbm

Some of the signs of a fentanyl overdose can include confusion, choking sounds, throwing up, seizures, low blood pressure, blue tinted lips or nails, pinpoint pupils, seizures, a slowed heart rate, and excessive drowsiness. Fentanyl overdoses can also lead to breathing problems, slow, shallow breathing, respiratory arrest, and death.

So sad. JM didn't stand a chance with this drug, and should never have been exposed to it. :(

From link courtesy of @Betty P

What Does a Fentanyl Overdose Look Like?

Fentanyl overdose can be incredibly scary, and these scenarios are responsible for thousands of deaths each year. In recent years, the number of overdose deaths related to fentanyl has risen dramatically, and this is largely because of how potent even pharmaceutical grade fentanyl is.

This doesn’t even speak to the fact that illicit fentanyl is often even stronger, and many times people take heroin and other drugs laced with fentanyl without even realizing it.

The chances of an overdose of fentanyl are greater than with other opioids, and an overdose can also happen more quickly because of the potency of this drug, and there are many situations where misusing fentanyl turns out to be fatal. bbm

Some of the signs of a fentanyl overdose can include confusion, choking sounds, throwing up, seizures, low blood pressure, blue tinted lips or nails, pinpoint pupils, seizures, a slowed heart rate, and excessive drowsiness. Fentanyl overdoses can also lead to breathing problems, slow, shallow breathing, respiratory arrest, and death.

So sad. JM didn't stand a chance with this drug, and should never have been exposed to it. :(

From link courtesy of @Betty P

I saw a documentary on Netflix (I think) about people who were opioid addicts. They showed one person overdosing and getting revived with Narcan (their roommate and EMS did it) When they go out it's very fast. It looks like they're laying down, going to sleep, nodding off. The only thing noticeable was the person turned pale and their lips were blue. IIRC, it took about 3 or 4 doses of Narcan to get them back. Horrible, so sad.

This looks like a sad, but inspiring newer show. I pray all these people can overcome their addictions.

Recovery Boys | Netflix Official Site

ETA:
Oh, boy. This is sad.

Tyler Skaggs died of a deadly mix of fentanyl, oxycodone and alcohol | Daily Mail Online

Last edited:
Slightly off topic but not really - why is this stuff even on the street? Why are dealers mixing it with other drugs? What’s the appeal?
From what I’ve gathered, doctors prescribe it in incredibly low doses, it’s essentially synthetic heroin but much stronger and much more addictive... if it’s cut into the heroin your “clients” will find your product strong and continue coming back..

Carroll County man charged in death of Jonathan Minard

CARROLLTON A Carroll County man has been arrested in connection with the death of a 14-year-old boy whose body was found in a shallow grave on a Washington Township farm in April.

Matthew Little was arrested Wednesday afternoon after a grand jury indicted him on 15 criminal charges stemming from the death of Jonathan E. Minard, of Dellroy.

CARROLLTON A Carroll County man has been arrested in connection with the death of a 14-year-old boy whose body was found in a shallow grave on a Washington Township farm in April.

Matthew Little was arrested Wednesday afternoon after a grand jury indicted him on 15 criminal charges stemming from the death of Jonathan E. Minard, of Dellroy.

HALLELUJAH!

Now I want to know what those 15 charges are. The article doesn't state what he's been charged with.

Sept 4, 2019

[...]

Carroll County Sheriff Dale R. Williams said his deputies were joined by agents with the Ohio Bureau of Criminal Investigation and the FBI in the investigation that led to Little’s arrest.

“There was some things about this case that were evident from the beginning and some things in this case that were not evident,” the sheriff said in explaining the length of the investigation was the result of a “fastidious effort” to determine who was responsible for the teen’s death.

Although the boy’s body was found in April, it wasn’t until July that Carroll County Coroner Mandal B. Haas ruled Minard died from a fentanyl overdose.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88
Back