CA CA - Barbara Thomas, 69, from Bullhead City AZ, disappeared in Mojave desert, 12 July 2019 #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m not surprised by the lack of flyers and billboards.

In Laci’s case, she was missing, and foul play was overwhelmingly likely. She could plausibly have been kidnapped.

The same goes for Kelsey, and Mackenzie Lueck.

In this case we have a woman who is either deceased in the desert, or was murdered.

Law enforcement apparently isn’t entertaining the abduction theory at all.

For all we know, they have evidence that is telling them otherwise.
Barbara is either missing in the Mojave Desert, or missing in a location other than the Mojave Desert.

If she is missing in the Mojave Desert, she is either close to, or farther away from the location that was searched.

I'm personally thinking that farther away is more likely, just because I have faith in the SAR team. But you are all entitled to think she was overlooked.

I keep thinking about the McStay family, and how they were found by an off-road motorcyclist. I believe that if Barbara is there, she could be found by recreationalists as well.

Now if Barbara is missing in a location other than the Mojave Desert, it's important that this case gets national media attention, because she could be anywhere.

Personally, I think the strongest possibility is that she's in the Mojave, not close to where the search occurred, based on what we know now, or rather, what we *think* we know now.

My other thought for today: She wasn't actually seen at the gas station/convenience store where RT stopped for ice. That opens up a lot of territory. IMHO.

Last edited:
Also, maybe I missed something, but are you sure RT said they saw a square parking lot? Could someone in our own discussions have used that as a description of a possible lot, and we accidentally turned it into a requirement?
I think that's what happened, yes. I only remember the original reference being to a parking area (or possibly parking lot).

People were perusing the map looking for likely spots, and one suggestion was described as a square parking lot. I think that description has become attached to the original, which had no particular description.

There should be flyers up all over San Bernardino County, CA and in Bullhead City, AZ. Maybe even in Las Vegas, NV. We could make ribbons in her favorite color. (I see photos of her wearing pink, coral, and navy blue).

Are there any locals here on WS? If not, maybe we can get in touch with area businesses, snail mail them some flyers, and ask them to post.

Kelsey Berreth didn't have local family or friends, but a church did a vigil for her, IIRC.

What about electronic billboards? Are there any along I-40?
I checked out the electronic billboards hoping I could afford to rent one for a month. The prices are way higher there than anywhere else. I'd have to mortgage the farm to pay for it!

Except for the canceled trip. It wasn’t his trip to cancel.
Well, that's true, but we don't know the details. Maybe it was his credit card that was used so he had to be the one to cancel. Maybe she had hotel reservations and he wanted to inform them that they were no longer needed. I assume a spouse would be able to make those decisions.
Wasn't she due to travel the following Wednesday after she went missing? At that point there had been no sign of her so maybe he thought even if she was found she wouldn't be in any shape to travel. Imo

I think since they looked for literal/physical footprints and found none, they've likely now turned their attention to looking for figurative/electronic footprints.

I think LE is likely doing a deep dive into the digital data, including cell phone, gps tracking, bank/financial records and computer activity.

I don't for one moment believe that LE's seriously entertaining any far-fetched conspiracy theories any more than they bought into RT's bikini-and-beer-prompted abduction scenario.

The SBSCO ain't in the habit of camping out on grassy knolls with their binoculars trained on pyramids, waiting for Elvis to appear. For one thing, there aren't many grassy knolls in the desert. So there's that.
For another thing, Elvis is dead. So there's that, too.

I do think that right now, LE is still trying to determine via evidence gathering whether or not BT's disappearance is due to to foul play.

LE needs evidence.
Without evidence, there is no conclusive proof of what has happened to BT.
LE found no evidence of Barb being in that desert location.
I think LE determined they found no evidence there because they were looking in the wrong place.
They were looking in the wrong place b/c they were misdirected ala the Shell Game: "Look under here, not there."
I think LE has tired of playing the Shell Game, and is now looking elsewhere for answers to the questions:

Where is Barb?
What happened to her?

JMO.
Yes, the digital data was what I was thinking of, but wouldn't they have done this a lot earlier? At least a month ago?
Public records are not hard to find, yet we have not seen any warrants related to this case at all. No bank records, no computer or cell phone history, no GPS tracking, nothing.
How can we be so sure they are looking into those things when no public record exists? Imo

Well, that's true, but we don't know the details. Maybe it was his credit card that was used so he had to be the one to cancel. Maybe she had hotel reservations and he wanted to inform them that they were no longer needed. I assume a spouse would be able to make those decisions.
Wasn't she due to travel the following Wednesday after she went missing? At that point there had been no sign of her so maybe he thought even if she was found she wouldn't be in any shape to travel. Imo
She was flying to Hong Kong on Monday, July 22. So, 10 days later. MOO

It's so unsettling and uncalled for, IMO, for him to cancel her trip for any reason.

Calling her sick brother to tell him she went missing on their trip to the desert is one thing, of course he had to do that, they were expecting her in a few days, most likely with great anticipation since her brother's health was not getting better and she hadn't seen him for over a year.

Calling them to say he was cancelling her trip over there (airfare and hotel reservations) is just off, IMO, whether or not the reservations were on his or her credit card, it's not his trip to cancel, I agree with @oceanstarryeyes.

I don't think it's something most people would have on their punch list to 'take care of' mere days after their spouse disappeared, anyway, like paying bills or cancelling a dentist appointment, unless they're very fixated on the monetary value of such a trip and thinking about ways to make it easier to get their money back before tickets were issued and refunds less likely.

It reminds me of Scott Peterson putting his and Laci's house on the market shortly after she disappeared 'walking the dog at the park', he seemed to have assumed she wasn't coming back (before anyone else had), when he had actually murdered his pregnant wife so he could start a new life with the woman he was secretly having an affair with.

MOO n MOOing

Barbara is either missing in the Mojave Desert, or missing in a location other than the Mojave Desert.

If she is missing in the Mojave Desert, she is either close to, or farther away from the location that was searched.

I'm personally thinking that farther away is more likely, just because I have faith in the SAR team. But you are all entitled to think she was overlooked.

I keep thinking about the McStay family, and how they were found by an off-road motorcyclist. I believe that if Barbara is there, she could be found be recreationalists as well.

Now if Barbara is missing in a location other than the Mojave Desert, it's important that this case gets national media attention, because she could be anywhere.

Personally, I think the strongest possibility is that she's in the Mojave, not close to where the search occurred, based on what we know now, or rather, what we *think* we know now.

My other thought for today: She wasn't actually seen at the gas station/convenience store where RT stopped for ice. That opens up a lot of territory. IMHO.
She may not have been seen on surveillance because of where the truck was parked.
Either way, apparently LE has seen pictures of Barbara in the desert where they went for a walk, so if she was not in the truck, how did she get to the location where she went missing?

She may not have been seen on surveillance because of where the truck was parked.
Either way, apparently LE has seen pictures of Barbara in the desert where they went for a walk, so if she was not in the truck, how did she get to the location where she went missing?
The same way I made the ribbons: Photoshop.

Calling them to say he was cancelling her trip over there (airfare and hotel reservations) is just off, IMO, whether or not the reservations were on his or her credit card, it's not his trip to cancel, I agree with @oceanstarryeyes.

l
BBM- The VI said that RT actually asked the brother's family to cancel her hotel reservations over in Hong Kong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member