MD MD - Jonathan Luna, 38, Baltimore, 4 December 2003

In case anyone is interested, here is an interesting paper put out by the US Census Bureau as to what is defined as rural (in short, anything that is not urban - urban being classified as 2500 or more population): Defining Rural at the US Census Bureau.

There is more detail in the article, if anyone wants the finer points of the distinction.

Aside from that, in general usage, rural is described as being like the countryside, as opposed to the more densely populated city. I am sure people's opinions as to this area's classification will depend on their background and experience.

It seems safe to say that JL was not found in a downtown, inner city area, nor was he found in a suburban neighborhood with sidewalks and manicured lawns. I'm not sure what relevance any of this has except that JL's death clearly occurred at a time and place at which it was not likely to be interrupted by others.

IMO, JL was murdered, and his murder was covered up/ignored. It's not a stretch to think the widespread corruption of area powers-that-be at that time extended to this type of action. This is all MOO.

In case anyone is interested, here is an interesting paper put out by the US Census Bureau as to what is defined as rural (in short, anything that is not urban - urban being classified as 2500 or more population): Defining Rural at the US Census Bureau.

There is more detail in the article, if anyone wants the finer points of the distinction.

Aside from that, in general usage, rural is described as being like the countryside, as opposed to the more densely populated city. I am sure people's opinions as to this area's classification will depend on their background and experience.

It seems safe to say that JL was not found in a downtown, inner city area, nor was he found in a suburban neighborhood with sidewalks and manicured lawns. I'm not sure what relevance any of this has except that JL's death clearly occurred at a time and place at which it was not likely to be interrupted by others.

IMO, JL was murdered, and his murder was covered up/ignored. It's not a stretch to think the widespread corruption of area powers-that-be at that time extended to this type of action. This is all MOO.

I agree with murder. Always have. I'm glad to see that others still remember him.

imo
I agree with murder. Always have. I'm glad to see that others still remember him.

imo

For some reason his death and probable murder has always stayed with me. I followed his case very closely for a long long time: even now I google his name-- It is a shame that
there appears to be what i think is a white-wash job regarding this death/murder. Obviously we have no idea why that would be so, but it seems to be the case. I am glad there is a thread here still for us to comment on this case.

Going back to the original post, did we ever know who the aspiring rapper was whose case JL was working on?

Going back to the original post, did we ever know who the aspiring rapper was whose case Jonathan Luna was working on?

Going back to the original post, did we ever know who the aspiring rapper was whose case Jonathan Luna was working on?

There were two defendants, both in jail and both had very good plea deals. They were Deon Lionnel Smith and Walter Oriley Poindexter. 2 accused of using studio in drug ring

They were both in jail at the time Luna died.

I can’t see the article as Lancaster Online is being difficult, but this does not surprise me.

Here's what I don't understand. If LE is "convinced" he committed suicide, then how can the records be sealed as part of an ongoing investigation that involves "perpetrators"?? Seems like they're talking out of both sides of their mouths.

This case is so unsettling in many ways. What the heck is being covered up?
From your link Richrd:

"This thing is 16 years old. I would be ashamed to tell anyone that I've been working on this and that's all I had to show for it," he said. "If they really wanted it solved, it would be solved ... Justice has never been served to the victim or his family."

“Another investigator and an author of a book on the case agreed.”

“Ed Martino, a private investigator based in Blue Ball, was initially hired by the best man at Luna’s wedding to try to find out what happened. Access to records could help, he said.”

Ongoing investigation? It’s been 16 years FGS.....

Private investigator in Jonathan Luna murder reveals new information on 16 year cold case
Private investigator in Jonathan Luna murder reveals new information on 16 year cold case
Jonathan Luna, a federal prosecutor from Baltimore, Maryland was 38-years-old when his body was discovered in December 2003 in a stream along Dry Tavern Road in Lancaster County.

“He had a backbone and he wouldn’t back off and it cost him his life,” said William Buckingham, private investigator. “He wound up in Lancaster County and he wound up dead,” he added...

A private investigator on the case, William Buckingham who is a former police detective, says he believes there is more to the case than what officials are letting on.

“I know who sanctioned it, who did it, and who was behind the hit, if i know it why don’t state police know it?”

I have never forgotten Jonathan Luna -- it seems to me there are people who do not want the truth to come out for whatever reason. I will never believe he killed himself. it is ridiculous--- why is that autopsy staying sealed?

I have never forgotten Jonathan Luna -- it seems to me there are people who do not want the truth to come out for whatever reason. I will never believe he killed himself. it is ridiculous--- why is that autopsy staying sealed?

I agree 100% with you. I do not think he killed himself.

I can see the autopsy still being sealed if there is specific information about Jonathan’s death as it pertains to how or by whom he was killed, and the case is still active.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mintexas
Back