Found Deceased PA - Nalani Johnson, 2, Penn Hills Boro, Allegheny County, 31 Aug 2019 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Nancy is the solely responsible for the disappearance of Nalani (i.e., Dad has no involvement and his story of how Nalani was kidnapped is true), then I would think that Nancy's cell phone could be a treasure trove of information from where she has been through cell phone pings, to who she was talking to over the past little while.

Is this a spur of the moment thing or was it planned?

LE says Nancy and Dad where acquainted, while Grandma says her son didn't know Nancy. So what's the truth on that? Where they acquainted or not? Things change based on whether they knew each other or not. I think it's planned if they knew each other. If they didn't know each other then what, all of a sudden, made Nancy take off with Nalani and what did she do with her?

We need some confirmed facts.

MOO
I trust LE's statement that they knew each other. It is totally possible that the grandmother is just clueless and defending her son. I mean, why would a mother not believe her own son that he did something so awful to his own daughter? I just think she is totally clueless about this and is genuinely scared for her granddaughter.

I'm really worried about this entire story. A big piece of the puzzle is missing here. I just don't get a good vibe right now.

This has shades of the Caylee Anthony tragedy......The nanny named "Hanny" or something ridiculous like that.......moo
We're on the same page.

I am really scared for this darling girl like everyone else. There's so much more to this than what LE has shared, but I give LE credit, they are on the ball on this case leaving no stone unturned.

For LE to say that the father and Nancy know each other- they have some kind of proof of this. They would never throw that out there if it wasn't true.

Gabriella DeLuca on Twitter
A crowd has gathered to pray for #NalaniJohnson @WPXI
EDfs3D6XsAM65q0.jpg
EDfs3D6XoAEE4Qh.jpg

7:12 PM - 2 Sep 2019

PamSuranoKDKA on Twitter
This is the make/model car seat 2-year-old Nalani Johnson was in Saturday when police say she was abducted. @AlleghenyCoPD are asking the public to be on the lookout for an Evenflo Maestro Sport Harness Booster Seat, mostly black, with a gray seat. #AMBERAlert #NalaniJohnson
EDfvFu8XkAEMkae.jpg
EDfvFu6XkAACEwe.jpg

7:22 PM - 2 Sep 2019 from Municipality of Murrysville, PA

Mike Holden on Twitter
Do you know kidnapping suspect Sharena Nancy???? Police want you to call ASAP. @WPXI #NalaniJohnson
EDfUELpWsAECuab.jpg

5:24 PM - 2 Sep 2019

I m sure it was an economic decision since jobs are here and he could not stay the mother stayed behind to work the baby could not stay because how was supposed to take care of her while she is working? Who is taking care of her other child?

IIRC, Nancy's husband stated during his interview with a reporter that Nancy's other (older) child was in NY. I assume this child is living with the father.

I've thought sex trafficking all along. Based on things that have come out I think it's plausible that Nancy befriended the child's father for the sole purpose of selling the child. I think that she kidnapped and sold that little girl into sex trafficking and is now blaming the father for it all so that she can cover her own *advertiser censored*. The drop off was obviously the Sheetz and the carseat obviously went with whoever took her so that they could transport her to where she was transported to.
Fingers crossed she is caught on camera with whoever took her. Such a tough job for LE to go through hours and hours of video searching- not a job I would want, that's for sure.

County spokeswoman Amie Downs said there was nothing to release beyond what was in the statements police had already issued about the abduction, the Amber Alert and the arrest.

It is not clear what relationship, if any, exists among Mr. Johnson, his daughter and Ms. Nancy.

Penn Hills woman charged in child abduction tells cops father sold daughter; his family denies it

Well if she wasn't working for Uber or Lyft that night and was working solo off the books from either company, she had to receive the call to go pick them up somehow, and clearly Johnson had her number as he told police he tried calling Nancy several times after she drove off before phoning police. I will be curious to know how they know one another. I think it will be key in resolving this case.

ETA did finally find an answer to the who of the friend. Named in this article linked above.

He said he was riding in Ms. Nancy’s Yaris with a friend of his, identified as Justin Rouse, and Nalani. At Bryant and Clay, Mr. Johnson told police, he got out and went to get his daughter from the back seat, but Ms. Nancy drove away, according to the complaint.

The toddler was in a child safety seat in the back of the car. It was not clear from the complaint where Mr. Johnson’s friend was at the time.
Any info on Mr. Johnson"s friend, Justin Rouse? May be missing something but seems like a very important part of this puzzle.

I've thought sex trafficking all along. Based on things that have come out I think it's plausible that Nancy befriended the child's father for the sole purpose of selling the child. I think that she kidnapped and sold that little girl into sex trafficking and is now blaming the father for it all so that she can cover her own *advertiser censored*. The drop off was obviously the Sheetz and the carseat obviously went with whoever took her so that they could transport her to where she was transported to.
Sheetz have a lot of cameras and they are all around the building, not just in the main area. It would be impossible to exchange a child and care seat there without a camera catching some part if it. But she could have done it before she got there or maybe she put the girl in her seat laying in the back and covered her then stopped at sheetz to make arrangements with the other party.

Michele Newell on Twitter (Video)
The Westmoreland County water rescue team just wrapped up a search for #NalaniJohnson. They searched for more than 2 hours. I’ll have the latest for you on this story, tonight on 11 at 11.
7:55 PM - 2 Sep 2019

Michele Newell on Twitter (Video)
The search is still on for #NalaniJohnson , water rescue crews were busy all evening trying to find Nalani or any clues that lead to her whereabouts. https://on.wpxi.com/2lrbwZR
8:15 PM - 2 Sep 2019

PamSuranoKDKA on Twitter (Video)
Rescue boats come out of Loyalhanna Creek in New Alexandria searching for toddler Nalani Johnson abducted Saturday in Penn Hills. Cell phone pings along Route 22 to the phone of the woman charged in the child’s disappearance prompting searches today more on @TheCW @KDKA Tonight
8:19 PM - 2 Sep 2019 from Pennsylvania, USA

Last edited:
I live in between Penn Hills & Delmont and I’m less than a mile from route 22. I have been worried for this precious girl since I got the amber alert. I think I’ll go for a ride tomorrow & keep my eye out for the car seat or anything suspicious. One good thing is that there definitely is NOT a shortage of cameras on 22, so hopefully they will be able to get lots more video of her movements.

Respectfully snipped and bolded by me for emphasis.

So Nancy’s baby was born 6/5/2018.
Her husband was in immigration custody from 6/28/2018 to 5/11/2019
So he only was with her for 23 days before taken into custody. While in custody, how much of a relationship would he have with his daughter?

Then he is released in May 2019. And in the four months since then he has moved to India with her.

Must be traumatic to the baby to be taken from her mother who was probably her primary caregiver to move to a country with a man /her father who was in custody most of her life.

I am not judging. Everyone makes their own choices. Situations are different. I’m just trying to wrap my mind around it all. Maybe they don’t feel a young child bonds with their parent??
Perhaps Nancy didn’t want to let dad take her daughter to India or he took her against her wishes? No judgement but there are some cultures where what the man makes all the rules.

Another thing to keep in mind is that rental cars often have license plates from other states. The rental company is HQ in a state that makes it cheaper to have a fleet of rentals and registers them there. But they are rented out all over the country.

Hi everyone been following this story...some things are not adding up.

IMO if someone drove off with my child I would be found blocks away chasing after the vehicle. Or trying to flag down another car The father was at his home when he called the police correct?

Did the car seat belong to Nancy or the father? Where is the mother in all this? Who has custody of Nalani?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288