Found Deceased PA - Nalani Johnson, 2, Penn Hills Boro, Allegheny County, 31 Aug 2019 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
If she were disposing a body at father's request, there really wouldn't be any reason for him to call police. So I don't believe the child was dead.
Who knows, but I think LE has made it quite clear that there are "individuals" involved, and it is possible that the father knows more or is involved. Some of us don't trust him completely at this point. I am one of them. His own mother is in front of the media saying her son didn't know Nancy before that ride- his poor Mom he let make a fool out of herself defending him like that, like a loving mother would do to stand up for their child. She had no clue they were having a relationship- he couldn't even tell her the truth? So, if he'd lie and allow his own loving mother to defend him like that (and I totally believe that she is innocent and is a very loving and caring woman), what else is he lying about?

I love this picture. She’s so adorable! I hate that this happened to her. I haven’t slept this weekend thinking about her, wanting to search for her, and help bring her back to her family. She’s sooo innocent and undeserving of this type of treatment. I broke down last night at the prayer vigil with my son yesterday and I broke down again driving home from work after receiving a text message from a friend.

I will continue to keep that family lifted in prayer. My daughter looks just like Nalani that’s why I can’t stop crying. That innocence. That sweet beautiful soul. Rest In Peace babygirl. I love you! ❤️

Dear lord, thank you for your love and your grace. That you for your peace and your strength. I am thankful that Nalani is now with you in heave. I pray for her mother and father, I pray for her grand mother, family and friends. Comfort them as they grieve. Give investigators the tools to figure out who else was involved in order to close this case. My heart breaks for Nalani and her family. I love her and I didn’t even know her. I pray that out of this situation will be better knowledge of how to keep our children safe from strangers.

Our father who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name, thy kingdom come, thy will be done, on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who’ve trespassed against us, and lead us no into temptation but deliver us from evil for thine is the kingdom the power and the glory forever and ever. Amen!
Amen

Maybe they want the car seat to test for blood spatter, etc. :( . (I didn't want to write that, but I don't see any better way around saying it.)

Yes women will wrap up already dead children if possible, it's usually their own children who have died due to internal bleeding from long term abuse. These are also cases where you hear the "I went to sleep, woke up and they were gone....." excuse. It's different when it's a spontaneous act with someone who has no "care giving" relationship to the child. If this was payback to the dad (assuming he is not involved) then this woman may be limited to what she has available to her immediately. Women choose dump sites more for quick disposal and if water is available, then they will use it. It's more of a convenience thing. There are many factors you have to look at, not just make versus female. I think my research is up to around 250-300 cases so there are always exceptions to this.

I thought the prevailing psychological principle was that women who kill children are more likely to use a swaddling method (wrapped in blankets, etc.) designed to be protective; and to dispose in such bodies of water because it was an attempt to recreate the environment of the womb. 'Course, I can't find my source now, but I'm pretty sure of it because I stumbled across it during the Casey Anthony trial, and it made a pretty deep impression upon me.

****This is my reply here, I don't know why it's showing up like this so I hope it's not confusing****
Yes women will wrap up already dead children if possible, it's usually their own children who have died due to internal bleeding from long term abuse. These are also cases where you hear the "I went to sleep, woke up and they were gone....." excuse. It's different when it's a spontaneous act with someone who has no "care giving" relationship to the child. If this was payback to the dad (assuming he is not involved) then this woman may be limited to what she has available to her immediately. Women choose dump sites more for quick disposal and if water is available, then they will use it. It's more of a convenience thing. There are many factors you have to look at, not just make versus female. I think my research is up to around 250-300 cases so there are always exceptions to this.[/QUOTE]

I m trying to wrap my head around what kind of a monster this woman is How can you let your anger out on a precious little child? Especially since she is a mother herself How does she sit there and calmly smoke cigarettes and talk to her husband afterwards????

It is possible that Nancy has Borderline Personality Disorder (BPD) and the argument in the car triggered an episode of intense rage...which apparently lasted for quite some time.
Smoking cigarettes and talking to her husband occurred when she was returning to her 'normal' baseline.
JMO

rsby

Did I miss something? I don't remember anything about her stopping by Monroeville Mall.
She was spotted at around 5:15 near the intersection of Route 22 and 48. That's near the Miracle Mile Shopping Center, so maybe she was on their cameras? My guess is that people assumed it was the Monroevillle Mall which is further west.

Good evening all. I have been following this case since I first got the Amber Alert. I have been checking for updates constantly all weekend. This news has broken my heart into pieces. I started crying when I found out right after work. I don’t understand this world and the monsters we share it with.

I have a strong faith in Jesus and God, but situations like these are the ultimate test. My heart reaches out to the grandmother. Every time I saw her speak it was absolutely gut wrenching. I can’t imagine what this family is going through.

All I could do all weekend was pray for that sweet angel, as I live far from the site and could not myself search. Thank you to the member who is going there to put flowers in remembrance. Nothing will ever be enough for this sweet angel. Rest In Peace forever Nalani. You are so beautiful and we love you.

Welcome to Websleuths, EmDee.
Thank you for being here for little Nalani.

It is possible that Nancy has Borderline Personality Disorder (BPD) and the argument in the car triggered an episode of intense rage...which apparently lasted for quite some time.
Smoking cigarettes and talking to her husband occurred when she was returning to her 'normal' baseline.
JMO
I’ve wondered so many times why she was “smoking cigarettes” and talking to her husband on the phone in her car...when it’s been reported she lived close by where she was arrested. Why wouldn’t she just go home and smoke cigarettes and make phone calls? I don’t know why, but this line of the story has always stood out to me. Why wouldn’t she just go home? She obviously was not too concerned with being caught since she drove right back to the area. She could have easily booked it to the city or hid somewhere. Instead she just pulls over and smokes while chatting with her husband?

She was spotted at around 5:15 near the intersection of Route 22 and 48. That's near the Miracle Mile Shopping Center, so maybe she was on their cameras? My guess is that people assumed it was the Monroevillle Mall which is further west.

The Mall comment threw me for a loop since it's a couple of miles before Rte 48 (heading east). Might be a small thing but in looking at the timeline I'm thinking she must've hit those lights just right. Since they recalibrated the traffic lights through Monroeville (horribly), it can take 20 minutes just to get from Home Depot in Wilkins Twp to the intersection of 22&48 depending on traffic and how you hit those lights.

So I wondered if she didn't take Old William Penn from either Jefferson Rd or Rodi Rd all the way over to Old Haymaker which comes out on 22. Being a jitney/ride share driver, I'm guessing she knows those back roads. But they (media) only said she was spotted at the intersection, not if she was coming straight down 22 or turning onto 22.

It's all academic now anyway but, timing aside, it's easier to escape detection on the back roads.

Things I find interesting:
1. In recent statements by PD, there has been no mention of the BOL for the car seat (at least none that I've heard) including the statement released by the Allegheny Co PD. Did they find the car seat already? Was it in the house or park area where she was found?
2. PD are asking people and businesses in the suspected traveled areas to check their security cameras for anything from 5:23 until 7:30PM. Why not in the time prior to 5:23 when she was in Monroeville-ish area before she was at the Sheetz at 5:30? This makes me wonder if they already have something on video from prior that they are not releasing at this time. It makes me wonder if they have her on camera perhaps in the Sheetz parking lot at 5:23 before entering the store.

The Mall comment threw me for a loop since it's a couple of miles before Rte 48 (heading east). Might be a small thing but in looking at the timeline I'm thinking she must've hit those lights just right. Since they recalibrated the traffic lights through Monroeville (horribly), it can take 20 minutes just to get from Home Depot in Wilkins Twp to the intersection of 22&48 depending on traffic and how you hit those lights.

So I wondered if she didn't take Old William Penn from either Jefferson Rd or Rodi Rd all the way over to Old Haymaker which comes out on 22. Being a jitney/ride share driver, I'm guessing she knows those back roads. But they (media) only said she was spotted at the intersection, not if she was coming straight down 22 or turning onto 22.

It's all academic now anyway but, timing aside, it's easier to escape detection on the back roads.
Although it was a holiday weekend. So, 'rush hour' time on a holiday weekend may have been quite different than normal traffic patterns.

It would be pretty stupid to set up your own accomplice.
Definitely. However, I wonder what role his friend has in all of this, if any. Perhaps his friend didn't know they were having a relationship. What was the fight about that caused her to allegedly kick them out of the car? If this was something planned between her and the father, but the friend didn't know anything about it, perhaps the friend freaked out and demanded that the father call 911 after he allegedly tried to call her on the phone after she took off.

Per one of the CBS local stations, it sounds like PD is focusing on the residence at the edge of the park. "Law enforcement taped off a house in the area of the park and was seen removing items from the residence."
Ugh- did she know someone that lived there? A friend? What is the connection to that house and items in the house that were removed- possibly the baby's car seat or clothes (God, I hate typing that, sorry.....).

If anyone at that house is part of this, how stupid to place the poor darling's body near their home!

Although it was a holiday weekend. So, 'rush hour' time on a holiday weekend may have been quite different than normal traffic patterns.

It actually struck me that the traffic would be heavy because #1 - it was Saturday and #2 - holiday weekend. I avoid that area during rush hour and on weekends. It's just a heavily travelled road.

Community Builds Makeshift Memorial At Park Where Nalani Johnson Was Found As The Investigation Continues
[...]

People came by to place teddy bears, candles and flowers on the memorial to honor the young girl’s life.

[...]

“I could hear the ATVs and the helicopters all day,” SL, a woman who placed something at the memorial, said. “I held my grandbaby and it is just sad. It’s really sad.”

As the afternoon went on, the county coroner was called to the scene.

[...]

KB and her daughter set up flowers and a bear.

[...]

AB picked the white teddy bear.

It represents where we can hope Nalani is now.

“Because it looked like an angel,” she said.

As the afternoon turned into night, police continued their work as this case made the turn nobody wanted to see.

[...]

(Names changed to initials by me)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members