NV NV - Steven Koecher, 30, Henderson, 13 Dec 2009 - #22

Still thinking of you Steven !!
Does anyone think someone helped Steven disappear, like a friend or people in his church or something. Maybe Steven reached out to a select few people he knew and they helped him. They made a plan to leave the car in sca because in a retirement community it probably wouldn’t be stolen or damaged but it would be reported straight away and his parents could get whatever money for it to cover the rent he owed, a friend picks Steven up from sca and they stayed around the Whitney ranch area for the night and Steven ditches his phone near that Russell Road area where it pinged and his friend took him somewhere that’s been prearranged. I think Steven was scared of the landlord and of what he might do because he was so behind on the rent and Steven knew he needed to do something, with what we know the LL I would be scared of him too. Steven was embarrassed to go to his parents so he reached out to someone else. Maybe one of his church colleagues helped him out and they got him a job and a place to stay ... I really hope this is the outcome for Steven that he is somewhere alive and it’s very convenient that his church colleague was in Vegas at the same time as Steven .

Hi Blissfulsally! I don't believe anyone in Steven's church helped him to disappear. They certainly never put an ounce of energy into finding him. Which has always been one of my many issues with this case. He actually did reach out to his church for assistance in finding a good job. He was told they would help him after the holidays. Obviously, that wasn't soon enough.

I so wish Steven would be found alive. But at this point, I just don't believe he is still with us. IMO, whatever happened to Steven began in St. George. I don't believe there was ever enough of an investigation into Steven's disappearance to actually determine what happened to him.

Is this someone who said they knew Steven? If so, may have been posted upthread?

Where are you, Steven?
He didn’t know Steven but he was a former pill addict from NV. He would do shady stuff like drive long distances and visit bad parts of NV to buy/sell pills. He was pretty familiar with the areas in NV Steven’s phone pinged at too, and he said all Steven’s behavior is very similar to his when he was an addict himself.

He stressed that whoever Steven talked to a few times leading up to his disappearance is definitely the person responsible/involved. That picking up or selling drugs is a two or three call system and whoever that person that he called or called him is the guy we need to look at. And it isn’t the LL.

Looks like the ol’ landlord is back living in Utah, which makes me happy, IF law enforcement ever found anything related to Steven’s disappearance it would be easier than tracking him down in AZ. I’ve always been curious about him, the address he was listed living at the past couple of years is literally a dusty empty field in a tiny town in AZ. He’s pretty off the grid for the most part, hard to find much info about him.

Looks like the ol’ landlord is back living in Utah, which makes me happy, IF law enforcement ever found anything related to Steven’s disappearance it would be easier than tracking him down in AZ. I’ve always been curious about him, the address he was listed living at the past couple of years is literally a dusty empty field in a tiny town in AZ. He’s pretty off the grid for the most part, hard to find much info about him.

The landlord's daughter said that he is a caring person who got involved with the wrong people. She mentioned that her father allowed Steven to stay in the house out of kindness even though Steven was behind on his bills. She was very young when Steven disappeared and remembers seeing him but not interacting with him. She posts on Help find Steven Koecher if you have questions for her. That is the site where I obtained this information about the landlord.

The landlord's daughter said that he is a caring person who got involved with the wrong people. She mentioned that her father allowed Steven to stay in the house out of kindness even though Steven was behind on his bills. She was very young when Steven disappeared and remembers seeing him but not interacting with him. She posts on Help find Steven Koecher if you have questions for her. That is the site where I obtained this information about the landlord.

Interesting, however, I'd like to know why the landlord was calling Steven at 6:04 am on 12/14? That's not a normal time to contact a tenant...

That Reddit thread was deleted earlier. You can see the posts under deleted but I’m not sure which post was the last before the thread was deleted.

There is an interesting comment on a YT video about Steven. The link is:

A poster on that site writes: "I have been on this case since beginning. I went down to neighborhood Steve vanished in. I spoke to two different neighbors one in which claimed Steven spoke to him. He was spotted months later twice walking in that same neighborhood . He was also sighted near the CA border staying at a house for a few days- that I am currently investigating. I believe he got involved with doing side work for his landlord who was a known for criminal activity. I believe he was staying with someone in that neighborhood. I also believe he was alive during the time and after he disappeared. Alive now? Not so sure. So many things could have happened. But he went there to meet someone I believe an elderly couple.. as he has been sighted by two completely separate witnesses who saw him in a vehicle with an elderly couple. I can't elaborate much further on that as I am still actively looking into this and into the PI group that is working with the family."

There is an interesting comment on a YT video about Steven. The link is:

A poster on that site writes: "I have been on this case since beginning. I went down to neighborhood Steve vanished in. I spoke to two different neighbors one in which claimed Steven spoke to him. He was spotted months later twice walking in that same neighborhood . He was also sighted near the CA border staying at a house for a few days- that I am currently investigating. I believe he got involved with doing side work for his landlord who was a known for criminal activity. I believe he was staying with someone in that neighborhood. I also believe he was alive during the time and after he disappeared. Alive now? Not so sure. So many things could have happened. But he went there to meet someone I believe an elderly couple.. as he has been sighted by two completely separate witnesses who saw him in a vehicle with an elderly couple. I can't elaborate much further on that as I am still actively looking into this and into the PI group that is working with the family."

I can see this as being the case. There really isn’t a ton to go off of. I’m wondering whom he would have met up with over there? I’m speculating that they maybe have helped him vanish and start over anew, OR maybe the couple had different plans for him. Just a strange sad case. Hopefully there’s some development in the near future, but I’m feeling kinda doubtful. IMO moo speculation etc

I can see this as being the case. There really isn’t a ton to go off of. I’m wondering whom he would have met up with over there? I’m speculating that they maybe have helped him vanish and start over anew, OR maybe the couple had different plans for him. Just a strange sad case. Hopefully there’s some development in the near future, but I’m feeling kinda doubtful. IMO moo speculation etc

If you Google the address listed on the Youtube video you will come up with a name of an older couple who oddly enough, have ties to the Sacramento area, which is an area Steven mentioned to some people he was visiting before he disappeared. Probably nothing but I thought it was interesting...

Just random thoughts.

Steven bought those presents the night before he went missing then was back where he was renting for a period of time before heading back to Vegas. So why keep the presents in the car and take them to Vegas, why not drop them off where you are living before heading back to Vegas.

The phone signal being in Russell Ave for 2 days at the end appears to me like it was tossed into a garbage dumpster and rested there until the battery ran out.

Just random thoughts.

Steven bought those presents the night before he went missing then was back where he was renting for a period of time before heading back to Vegas. So why keep the presents in the car and take them to Vegas, why not drop them off where you are living before heading back to Vegas.

To me the presents/ornaments are a strong indicator that he didn't voluntarily disappear. My guess is he planned to continue his 'trip' and sleeping in his car until returning to his family for Christmas. He had communicated to his mom that he planned on joining them for the holidays. He might have avoided the rental on purpose like discussed previously due to the LL and unpaid rent and probably didn't leave the gifts there for that reason.

I just wanted to say happy birthday Steven , you are 40 years old , same as me but I had my birthday in June. You have been gone almost 10 years . I really really hope for resolution in this case. I hope you are alive somewhere, because a body hasn’t been found so there’s always still hope that you are somewhere. Happy 40th Birthday, please go home to your family

A LOT of people are curious about him.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back